Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I’d honestly see a new subject rather than yet another version of Grandpa RX-78 or Grandma MS-06 in any kit line, but especially in PG where we only see a new kit every few years. Do the Nu, hell do a GM or Leo if you want to get weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Midjack posted:

Do the Nu, hell do a GM or Leo if you want to get weird.

Bandai can't even be bothered to mold like 5 new pieces and throw green dye into the MG Tallgeese mold to make a Leo and you think a PG is even in the realm of possibility? :v:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Thing is, compared to modern PGs, we don't really have those PGs (yet). The current ones are crazy outdated, build like crap, and have a detail/feature level lower than their MG counterparts.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I have been reliably informed that the PG suit which will come out after the PG Unleashed RX-78 will be the titular suit of the next, as yet unannounced, Gundam TV series.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I mean the inner frame is really really cool and I'm having a lot of fun building the PG.

The surface detail is definitely kind of lacking and there are some seams that I wish weren't there but like this is why I have chisels and plastic cement

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

This is absolutely sexy as gently caress and more mobile suits need massive claws and other custom HTH weapons. Heck, that sort of thing would fit right in on an IBO kit.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I heard you wanted more Sakura Wars kits

https://twitter.com/HobbySite/status/1315813379253051394

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Solkanar512 posted:

This is absolutely sexy as gently caress and more mobile suits need massive claws and other custom HTH weapons. Heck, that sort of thing would fit right in on an IBO kit.

There's quite a few Build series upgrade/option kits for this sort of thing and Kotobukiya's MSG line is good though the scale might not always work out. I wish Bandai had a more extensive line of option parts because there's apparently a bunch of them that were made and distributed to various Gunpla stores in Japan as part of a promotion so they're double extra hard to get because it's not something you can just order off P-Bandai.

Unless you mean you wanted more of those things in official designs.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Argas posted:

There's quite a few Build series upgrade/option kits for this sort of thing and Kotobukiya's MSG line is good though the scale might not always work out. I wish Bandai had a more extensive line of option parts because there's apparently a bunch of them that were made and distributed to various Gunpla stores in Japan as part of a promotion so they're double extra hard to get because it's not something you can just order off P-Bandai.

I've seen those bonus kits on ebay and in hobby stores semi-regularly enough to pick up a few. There's a really neat little Torohachi in one of them in addition to an axe and a drill.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Argas posted:

Bluefin usually throws a bunch in with their shipments to hobby stores, befriend the manager at your local hookup.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

chiasaur11 posted:

I've seen those bonus kits on ebay and in hobby stores semi-regularly enough to pick up a few. There's a really neat little Torohachi in one of them in addition to an axe and a drill.

Aaaaa

Midjack posted:

Bluefin usually throws a bunch in with their shipments to hobby stores, befriend the manager at your local hookup.

Aaaaaaacovid

Edit: But more seriously, Bandai why won't you let me dump more money your way

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

Gripweed posted:

I have been reliably informed that the PG suit which will come out after the PG Unleashed RX-78 will be the titular suit of the next, as yet unannounced, Gundam TV series.

G-Self confirmed

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

I was hoping for Hatsuho because that hammer is gonna be hilarious to build..but this..is pretty good.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

kirbysuperstar posted:

I was hoping for Hatsuho because that hammer is gonna be hilarious to build..but this..is pretty good.

I'd be mildly surprised to never get a Hatsuho. Going this far in a line and then just stopping with only one model left? That doesn't happen often.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

chiasaur11 posted:

I'd be mildly surprised to never get a Hatsuho. Going this far in a line and then just stopping with only one model left? That doesn't happen often.

Oh did they already announce Azami's? I guess they could do the Obu and the other troupes too, come to think of it..

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

kirbysuperstar posted:

Oh did they already announce Azami's? I guess they could do the Obu and the other troupes too, come to think of it..

They did more than announce it. They've released it. Azami's model is up for sale through the usual channels, releasing ahead of Anastasia's. I'm less confident in the kits from the original game getting a full lineup, but the latest game is almost certainly getting the entire main cast.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

chiasaur11 posted:

They did more than announce it. They've released it. Azami's model is up for sale through the usual channels, releasing ahead of Anastasia's.

..oh, must have missed that entirely. Whoooops.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Yawgmoft posted:

G-Self confirmed

I love the G-Self's design. It'd make an amazing PG. Imagine a G-Self perfect pack fully illuminated. It'd be stunning.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

Welp, time to remind myself I suck at figure painting and preorder this. I couldn't care less about Claris but a libromancer mech is :chefkiss:

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Some Diaclone stuff came in the mail!

https://imgur.com/a/2bk1qRy

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Had an idea and realised I had the parts to try some of it out.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Anyone have any strong opinions on the RG Build Striker Full Package or Force Impulse Gundam? Eyeing getting one of them next month.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I enjoyed the RG Force Impulse, I made a post comparing it to the old MG a few months back that I would link if I wasn't on my phone.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Veotax posted:

I enjoyed the RG Force Impulse, I made a post comparing it to the old MG a few months back that I would link if I wasn't on my phone.

Ooo, thanks, I had a look through your post history and found it. Also cool that you reviewed the RG Titans MkII, I was eyeballing that one too.

I'm probably gonna be the guy who ends up with only RGs lol

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ibblebibble posted:

Anyone have any strong opinions on the RG Build Striker Full Package or Force Impulse Gundam? Eyeing getting one of them next month.

The Build Striker should presumably be like 80-90%+ RG Strike Gundam parts-wise, so it'll be a good solid build.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Ibblebibble posted:

I have both, love both. Both were fun builds. I think I like the Build Strike better, but that's probably because I liked Build Fighters, and I don't even know what show Force Impulse comes from. But every time I move it, an elbow piece falls off. I'm not really a "re-pose my Gundams every week" guy though so that really only mattered when I moved apartments. Force Impulse is pretty fantastic, though.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Diet Poison posted:

I have both, love both. Both were fun builds. I think I like the Build Strike better, but that's probably because I liked Build Fighters, and I don't even know what show Force Impulse comes from. But every time I move it, an elbow piece falls off. I'm not really a "re-pose my Gundams every week" guy though so that really only mattered when I moved apartments. Force Impulse is pretty fantastic, though.

Yeah, the RG Build Strike Full was my first RG and it’s fun but you’re likely going to need a little glue and some joint tightening. But holy cow does the P-Bandai version look awesome.

I’m kind of regretting not getting the RG Sword Impulse, but I already got the Stormbringer FA and Hazentheyly whatever the gently caress and didn’t want to push it. That’s an RG that really should have been a general release.

https://p-bandai.com/sg/item/N2390174001001

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Thanks all. Guess I'll just flip a coin to pick one next month then get the other the month after.

I limit myself to one shopping run a month otherwise I would have a backlog to the moon.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

So, turns out the RG Nu Gundam still looks pretty good if you split the fin funnel stack in two to make a pseudo double fin funnel set.

Probably gonna stick to the side configuration for now. Will play around with it.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Ibblebibble posted:

So, turns out the RG Nu Gundam still looks pretty good if you split the fin funnel stack in two to make a pseudo double fin funnel set.

Probably gonna stick to the side configuration for now. Will play around with it.

Considering how very little plastic there is holding all 6 on for one side splitting them like that feels like a pretty good idea actually.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!
Let's say I wanted some LEDs for a Figure-rise Haro but didn't want to pay Bandai prices because seriously, £25 for a double LED unit is comically bad. What are my options for alternatives, short of building one from scratch?

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

I have some concerns about how my entry for the grunt suit build turned out.

I fear it may be stupid.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwKUBHocyyA

zoom zoom
excuse the mess. peak artist

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Saw this earlier. Really worried that the "comes with decals" part means waterslides, which will look garbage on the gold...

Veotax
May 16, 2006

grassy gnoll posted:

I have some concerns about how my entry for the grunt suit build turned out.

I fear it may be stupid.

I like it! Especially the hockey stick looking thing on the head! Was that in the show? I'm weird in that I only really build the kits and haven't watched much of any Gundam.

My first attempt at painting was a Leo, the Build Divers version though.

Went for a Samus inspired colour scheme. Paint is a little splotchy in places as I was learning as I was going (and there was months between colours due to massive procrastination on my part), also I hosed up the paint on the top of the thighs trying to do some ill-advised detail work with a Gundam Marker.

NOT and entry for the group build, by the way. Did it last year some time.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Is that the Crash design with OG Hyaku Shiki colors?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

It's three times as fast as a normal Leo!!

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marx Headroom posted:

Is that the Crash design with OG Hyaku Shiki colors?

Yeah. It's the chrome-gold of the Ver 1.0. I'm actually not convinced by that factor, either. I'd much rather the Ver 2.0 gold, as the 1.0 is really gaudy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Dan Again
Dec 16, 2012

Adventure!

This makes the arm-less mid-assembly Hyaku-Shiki on my desk very jealous.