Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

highme posted:

When did you start drinking in my neighborhood?

I've been working in Tualatin forever and occasionally have a pint on my lunch break. NW Growlers was my go-to before it closed, now it's usually those two or Stickmen for their Tuesday pizza and beer special.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Anyone in Ft. Worth?

nullfunction
Jan 24, 2005

Nap Ghost
Might have to go get one to include in the box for the BIF. It can't be any worse than their flaming hot cheetos sour, right?

Right?

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

nullfunction posted:

Might have to go get one to include in the box for the BIF. It can't be any worse than their flaming hot cheetos sour, right?

Right?

I sent out the pickle beer last year, gotta pass the torch :hai:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Whoever gets me I want the weirdest beers you got

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Love both wings and sours, but nope nope nope.

dphi posted:

I've been working in Tualatin forever and occasionally have a pint on my lunch break. NW Growlers was my go-to before it closed, now it's usually those two or Stickmen for their Tuesday pizza and beer special.

What, no G-Man?

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

highme posted:

Love both wings and sours, but nope nope nope.

What, no G-Man?

lol I did go there for lunch with coworkers once and had a decent hazy but otherwise... no. I did used to go to birra deli before they made it a lottery joint and then rebranded, it's been years though. I don't hit Ancestry much anymore either ever since PDX Sliders left.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
Sad I found out about Beer-mas just a little too late. I just mailed out a few hundred dollars worth of beer to internet weirdos as early Christmas presents and now I'm tapped out (no pun intended).

I am however, going to crush my collection of Commonwealth that I've been amassing since before covid started:

highme
May 25, 2001

dphi posted:

I did used to go to birra deli before they made it a lottery joint and then rebranded, it's been years though. I don't hit Ancestry much anymore either ever since PDX Sliders left.

Birra is about a mile from my house and was my spot for way too loving long, back when they employed people who knew and loved beer. I wouldn't be surprised if we had a random convo about hip hop or some poo poo at some point.

edit: I refuse to set foot in G-Man or drink any of their beers. I'd go to that place when it was the Hot Seat to watch football occasionally, but holy gently caress it was awful. It was just the place where local gently caress muppets graduated to when they turned 21 and didn't need to use their fake ID at the Wichita any more.

highme fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Oct 14, 2020

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Sad I found out about Beer-mas just a little too late. I just mailed out a few hundred dollars worth of beer to internet weirdos as early Christmas presents and now I'm tapped out (no pun intended).

I am however, going to crush my collection of Commonwealth that I've been amassing since before covid started:

that rice lager is weird- very malty- and that Czech pale is wack. really like the hop combo on luminary, which is the first time i've come across julius; don't be surprised if we use that at some point

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
I could definitely source a bunch of hard to find Scandinavian beers, but shipping will be absolute killer.

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

King of rings, armlocks, hugs, and our hearts

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

im jelly AF. Loved Commonwealth when I lived in VA.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

thotsky posted:

I could definitely source a bunch of hard to find Scandinavian beers, but shipping will be absolute killer.

mule it across borders

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
trip report: Double Branch Artisan Ales in a lovely suburb north of tampa. Social media portrayed this place as a wannabe fuccboi brewery with slushee sours and haze. Yeah that's kinda confirmed. Place is nice enough, typical austere modern industrial aesthetic inside and plenty of space. Decent patio too. Got a 4pk each of Italian Pils, Haze, and West Coast IPA. Italian pils is serviceable, but not stellar. No perceived off flavors. So don't go out of your way to visit that place, but if you have family nearby and are looking for a decent beer place to go to, that's pretty much your only option in the area so gently caress it, go.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
It takes an Artisan to put orange juice in beer.

https://untappd.com/b/double-branch-artisanal-ales-ponderosa-painkiller/3893177

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Brass Monkeys can be good! But I call em beer-mosas

highme
May 25, 2001

I used to go to Ocean City, MD for a VW thing every year and stay in a huge house with 40 other people and one of the many things we'd drink were McMosas or O'Jickeys depending on where you land on the name. I found some dumb wedding champagne fountain on clearance at some grocery store, took hit back to the house, set that poo poo up and we had a malt liquor & OJ fountain until it got too gross to drink out of any more.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

funkybottoms posted:

; don't be surprised if we use that at some point

Looking forward to it.
The rice lager is very weird, but I like it.
The czech pils was fine for yardwork. I haven't touched the other 3 yet.

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

King of rings, armlocks, hugs, and our hearts

*no lactose*

:chloe:

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Brass Monkeys can be good! But I call em beer-mosas

High Life & OJ, does it get better.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

deedee megadoodoo posted:

Some people in the discord were interested in another BIF so I put together a new sign-up sheet: 2020 SA Non-denominational Holiday BIF: Cursed Year Edition

If you've never participated in a BIF here's what you need to know:

What is it?
BIF stands for Beer It Forward. It is essentially a Secret Santa beer exchange. You will be assigned a person to which you must send a box of beer roughly $50 in value.

What about the beer?
The beer you include should be local-ish or at least not generally available to the person you are shipping to.

Shipping?
If you've never shipped beer before, the trading thread has a good primer that I am not re-reading but will assume still applies: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3866181 In general, it shouldn't cost more than $50 to ship your beer. If you have questions about this someone in the thread can probably help.

What's the timeline?
You should try to have your box in the mail by the first week of December unless your BIF provides other instructions in the form.

Anything else?
Hail Satan

Bump.

I am going to leave signups open for another week. I know November starts to get hectic for people so I wanted to give everyone plenty of time to get their box out.

DROP TABLE PHIZ
Feb 10, 2018

IF YOU AIN'T GETTIN LIT YOU BETTER STAY OUT BITCH

highme posted:

I used to go to Ocean City, MD for a VW thing every year and stay in a huge house with 40 other people and one of the many things we'd drink were McMosas or O'Jickeys depending on where you land on the name. I found some dumb wedding champagne fountain on clearance at some grocery store, took hit back to the house, set that poo poo up and we had a malt liquor & OJ fountain until it got too gross to drink out of any more.

this checks out, very OC

ThePopeOfFun posted:

High Life & OJ, does it get better.

splash of campari

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

DROP TABLE PHIZ posted:

this checks out, very OC

splash of campari

just skip the OJ altogether

https://www.bonappetit.com/story/wet-city-brewing-spaghett

edit - oh wait, that's aperol. oh well whatever. this is good and everyone should drink it.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Impressed at the amount of artisanal drink makers in this thread.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

deedee megadoodoo posted:

just skip the OJ altogether

https://www.bonappetit.com/story/wet-city-brewing-spaghett

edit - oh wait, that's aperol. oh well whatever. this is good and everyone should drink it.

spaghett fuckin rules but don't worry about measuring. take a swig out of the high life bottle, refill it most of the way with aperol, add lemon to taste

deadwing fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Oct 16, 2020

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Control Volume posted:

Impressed at the amount of artisanal drink makers in this thread.

Malt Liquor inspires people

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

We need more beer up here!
Celebration is loving amazing this year, just like every year.

highme
May 25, 2001

It’s the only “Christmas” beer I look for every year.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Pizza Port makes a killer imp porter around winter time.

Plz, make more bacon n eggs! Im beggin ya

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Having a Treehouse 99 tonight and I think I like the smell way better than the taste.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Josh Wow posted:

Celebration is loving amazing this year, just like every year.

drat, wasn’t available at my wegmans yet-maybe next week.

Did pick up founders Wet Hops and I don’t hate it.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Quiet Feet posted:

Having a Treehouse 99 tonight and I think I like the smell way better than the taste.

The Curiosity series can be rough. That’s their experimental line so they just throw a bunch of hops in a tank and see what happens.

If you go back try to get some Dear Washington. It’s a wet hop IPA and it’s baller.

highme
May 25, 2001

nwin posted:

drat, wasn’t available at my wegmans yet-maybe next week.

Did pick up founders Wet Hops and I don’t hate it.

Can you taste the racism?

Edit: punctuation

highme fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Oct 19, 2020

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

highme posted:

Can you taste the racism?

Fresh. Like it came right off the Klan tree!

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

danbanana posted:

Fresh. Like it came right off the Klan tree!

talk about low hanging fruit

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Spanish Manlove posted:

talk about low hanging fruit

strange fruit

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Stoked about Sunriver canning their fresh hops now, D'Kine especially is one of my yearly faves

highme
May 25, 2001

I liked D'Kine way more than the Zero Hour. Might be one of my favorite fresh hop beers this year tbh.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

highme posted:

I used to drink way too much Hop Stoopid because it was a cheap bomber and 8.5%.

I can't blame you, it's actually a pretty drat nice beer fresh.

I'm kinda pissed they didn't start putting it in sixers until after they dicked me over and I stopped buying their poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Report on the Yeungling Hershey Porter.

To me it’s like Hershey syrup poured into a Mr. Beer porter.

My gf says she can’t really taste the chocolate at all :shrug:

Good thing I got a sixer of this year’s SN Narwhal to get the taste out of my mouth. :cheers: