Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Gatts posted:

Da Browns in contention for the league!!! At least until next week when they face a scary Pittsburgh defense

Browns are going to get killed by the Steelers. Ben, and Claypool are going to destroy our secondary, and without Chubb our offense has no hope. Baker seems like he is still regressing form his rookie year. Still its cool to be 4-1, and have a chance at maybe going 10-6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/jamisonhensley/status/1315726429104078848

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

"lamar do... throw an interception, whatever you... do... throw the ball to a bengals player"

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Smiling Mandrill posted:

Browns are going to get killed by the Steelers. Ben, and Claypool are going to destroy our secondary, and without Chubb our offense has no hope. Baker seems like he is still regressing form his rookie year. Still its cool to be 4-1, and have a chance at maybe going 10-6.

man after yesterday's game the Bengals can't start Burrow against the Steelers for the sake of his career

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i bet the steelers won't even get [looking at oddsshark] 12.5 sacks on joe burrow in the first game

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Steelers will get around the same amount of sacks just not with mostly DBs

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

I need to see the steelers beat a better team than the texans before i declare them AFC North champs this year

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
https://twitter.com/chaseclaypool/status/1315409994993545216?s=21

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Dad is living his best life.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Eifert Posting posted:

Dad is living his best life.

I love thrushes. Swainson's breed further north and west but can be pretty easy to find during migration. I like when you get to hear them sing in the spring :). Love that buffy eyering and spectacle! Soon all that will be around are Hermit Thrush. And Robins and bluebirds of course :D

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

The Bengals rule

how many levels of irony are you on

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

https://twitter.com/andrewsiciliano/status/1316048185576448005?s=21

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

lmao

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
"We love being in the kitchen. AFC North ball is in the kitchen. It's hot in the North."

- JXPrime, in his own unique way, says he's excited to switch his fan allegiance to the Steelers.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/DeCostaLacie/status/1316077427815337984

Julio Jones to the Ravens

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Man I saw the text you wrote first and got so excited for a split second. Although I'm not even sure it would do much good right now. The offense is broken.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I'm legitimately sorry I disappointed you, Kawalimus

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Ravens, maybe hand off more than once a game to the guy who can regularly pull of 30+ yard runs instead of emphasizing fresh legs. Thnx

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

would you take aj green. like just free next year and use him in the slot on about 18 snaps and win him a ring

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

https://twitter.com/BSO/status/1316109483626594304

Mike Thomas to the ravens

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

Man I saw the text you wrote first and got so excited for a split second. Although I'm not even sure it would do much good right now. The offense is broken.

having a receiver taller than 5'5" who isn't named Miles Boykin can wonders for the passing game

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they left me on read adriel. i cant do anything. no i won't keep sending more msgs. maybe they will respond later

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

chamois posted:

having a receiver taller than 5'5" who isn't named Miles Boykin can wonders for the passing game

It doesn't matter who we bring in at WR we always get the least out of them we can. If he's taller it will be some other excuse. Oh he's old. Oh he dropped a pass once. Oh he was a system player in his old success. Etc etc etc. This franchise is inept.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1316355576960618496?s=19

AFCN rookies = players of the week

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Cavauro posted:

they left me on read adriel. i cant do anything. no i won't keep sending more msgs. maybe they will respond later

I see you but I can't think of anything smart to reply

that's my posting story

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Someone reboot the cavauro football markov bot

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Was Queen pegged to last that long in the 1st?

He seems really loving good.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

IIRC that was right around where he was expected to go. There were a couple of better LBs in the draft class and there was some rumbling about him being undersized. I’m still happy to have him as a Raven though - he’s struggling a bit with assignments as a rookie pressed into starting immediately but once he gets that worked out I think he’s going to be a big time impact guy for a while.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Freaquency posted:

IIRC that was right around where he was expected to go. There were a couple of better LBs in the draft class and there was some rumbling about him being undersized. I’m still happy to have him as a Raven though - he’s struggling a bit with assignments as a rookie pressed into starting immediately but once he gets that worked out I think he’s going to be a big time impact guy for a while.

I think the only LB you can say some people thought was better than him was Kenneth Murray and even then it was kind of a toss-up

But yeah, most guys were concerned because he is undersized (which is funny because — not comparing both players obviously — that's part of the reason why Ray Lewis fell to the same Ravens) and the fact that he barely played until his junior year since he had to compete with Devin White for the previous two

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

:yeah:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
As I recall Queen wasn't even a LB at LSU until last year. Certainly wasn't a starter until after the season kicked off. With his speed and instincts he'll be a top 5 guy if he ever figures out what routes are running behind him. Of course that's a big if.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

:qq: Asked for his reaction when the Bengals kicked the field goal, Martindale said Thursday, "He knew what it was because it was awful quiet when I yelled it across the field. There are some people that take that as a victory. We'll see. We'll have plenty to talk about the next time we play them." :qq:

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

that seems like a normal thing for a coach to say, imo

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

The Puppy Bowl posted:

As I recall Queen wasn't even a LB at LSU until last year. Certainly wasn't a starter until after the season kicked off. With his speed and instincts he'll be a top 5 guy if he ever figures out what routes are running behind him. Of course that's a big if.

He was a linebacker he was just thoroughly and completely stuck behind other LBs there and couldn't get any playing time which was why I thought he was a one year wonder, among other reasons

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
:siren::frogsiren::supaburn: Buckle Draft Error Alert!!!! :supaburn::frogsiren::siren:

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Oberst posted:

:siren::frogsiren::supaburn: Buckle Draft Error Alert!!!! :supaburn::frogsiren::siren:

👻

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

i'm really excited for another day of AFC North football

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

my team is getting covid tomorrow and going to give it to yours unless you can avoid all tackles and blocks, which should be easy, but you must also avoid blocking and tackling so please keep that in mind

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Oct 18, 2020

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

Cavauro posted:

my team is getting covid tomorrow and going to give it to yours unless you can avoid all tackles and blocks, which should be easy, but you must also avoid blocking and tackling so please keep that in mind

ravens don't play the bengals until week 17, a full year from today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
There's probably a German word for desperately craving the passage of time but also shrinking away from its cruel touch like an abused, neglected dog.

Right?