Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

oldpainless posted:

I kid I kid. I recommended her for the position after turning it down for the 6th time.

More like oldstarless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Grem posted:

gently caress this dude so hard

limaCAT posted:

Well, it gives a new meaning to the phrase "Eat the Rich".

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
I didn’t notice the Ellen Muth avatar the first time I saw that posted. That is on point for 2020.

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...
the moon got its revenge

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

coronatae posted:

Women in Stephen King's It have a peculiar condition where fear or anxiety causes their nipples to harden

OwlFancier posted:

My left nipple hardens in the presence of orcs, my right one in the presence of water, I am available for hire.

Phy posted:

And if both go hard, you know you're near an evil port

Full of stevedorcs

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

In my last DnD game, my gladiator, who only wore a loincloth and obsessively kept his body well oiled, got a set of adamantium nipple rings of alarm. If I moaned it meant we were about to be ambushed. He later got transformed into a Yuan-Ti and was named Beefsnake.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Serious, can you explain this one? I feel like I should get it but I got nothing.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Outrail posted:

Serious, can you explain this one? I feel like I should get it but I got nothing.

“Stevedores” are people who load and unload cargo vessels.

“Orcs” are evil creatures from fantasy literature.

Platystemon has a new favorite as of 05:34 on Oct 14, 2020

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

oldpainless posted:

I kid I kid. I recommended her for the position after turning it down for the 6th time.

More like oldjobless

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

T-man posted:

it's the microchip that grows from the covid vaccine, trump's gonna become a bimbo

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Phlegmish posted:

Moon Slayer's not a mod anymore? I missed that. He wasn't awful, but definitely a bit all over the place.

I see sweeperbravo's a mod now. Think that's a good pick, I've never seen her be lovely.

oh i didn't notice that either. amusing that they're just cycling through the webcomics crew to find mods though.

hopefully sweeper's a bit less "tee hee look at me arbitrarily dole out probations, as a joke"

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Sweeperbravo is cool af.

Very few users I dislike are mods anymore, it's nice. :unsmith:

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Empty Sandwich posted:

one time, apropos of nothing, a guy walked up to me while I was selling at a Sunday market and told me he had a theory that microwaves mutate the DNA of food. his specific example was hotdog DNA. hotdog DNA. the hotdog genome. he did not buy any pottery.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Phlegmish posted:

Moon Slayer's not a mod anymore? I missed that. He wasn't awful, but definitely a bit all over the place.

I see sweeperbravo's a mod now. Think that's a good pick, I've never seen her be lovely.

after this post the writing was on the wall:

Moon Slayer posted:

It really seems that in the last few years an extremely vocal minority of posters has formed who don't like mods as people or as a concept. Who think that the Forums don't need mods, that the Forums shouldn't have any mods, and that having mods makes the Forums worse. Maybe I'm being Poe's Law-ed here but people seem to genuinely be lumping mods in with cops as just universally bad, no question. People who said "hey maybe you're making too big a deal of this" were called "cop lovers," "bootlickers," and "authoritarian types."

Now I personally think that throwing those accusations around is on par with calling someone a pedophile: it's serious and not something you can just say without consequences for someone. I want it to fall under the same general rule as accusing another poster of being a pedophile or alt-right, i.e. you'd better have proof and not just saying it because you disagree. We're discussing it going forward.

I don't know. Maybe it's just the times we live in. It's still pretty disheartening to think that someone out there genuinely believes that me, a volunteer subforum moderator on a once-famous, now obscure internet comedy forum is a figure of authoritarianism and ethnonationalism. I just want people to not have slapfights, not poo poo threads up with low-content posts, and to have a good time.

On the other hand though:

I guess I'm not doing that bad after all.

i just feel like that we were cheated out of a good meltdown

hopefully he posted one on the mod forums or pms so that at least someone got some entertainment out of him

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Mod: *shits at the dinner table*
Everyone: Hey why did you poo poo at the dinner table?!?
Mod: Wow you hate mods!

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Mod: *shits at the dinner table*
Everyone: Hey why did you poo poo at the dinner table?!?
Mod: Wow you hate mods!

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

ChubbyChecker posted:

after this post the writing was on the wall:

i just feel like that we were cheated out of a good meltdown

hopefully he posted one on the mod forums or pms so that at least someone got some entertainment out of him

It’s not long or completely unhinged, but it’s still quite good. His post whining about being called a cop sounds exactly like the sort of monolog actual cops give while melting down over the realization that actually people don’t like them. He compared being called a bootlicker to being accused of pedophilia, and declared that people need to be punished for saying mean things to him.

He also worked in sad grandpa, “it’s disheartening to think,” I’m doing it for you, “me, a volunteer,” and making GBS threads on the population he claims to be serving, “a once-famous, now-obscure internet comedy forum.”

It’s not hall-of-fame material, but it’s not bad.

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."
Moon Slayer was a bad mod in the same way bad cops are bad. Rather than being a servant of the people, ensuring things go the way people want, he treated his position as having been entrusted to make decisions on how things should be and enact his vision on the people.

The stakes are clearly much lower for forums moderators, and it's not like he was overtly horrible like some other mods, but it's just not really want you want.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Wait, is he repeatedly referring to that one post I made a month or so ago? Yeah, the language I used there was hyperbolic (unbreakable goon habit), but nearly everything I ever said to him was in good faith. I'm actually a bit sad that it had to go that way. I think he was just looking for an out, I'd never want to be a mod to begin with.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Phlegmish posted:

Wait, is he repeatedly referring to that one post I made a month or so ago? Yeah, the language I used there was hyperbolic (unbreakable goon habit), but nearly everything I ever said to him was in good faith. I'm actually a bit sad that it had to go that way. I think he was just looking for an out, I'd never want to be a mod to begin with.

Congratulations!

ChubbyChecker has a new favorite as of 16:25 on Oct 14, 2020

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

I thought Moon Slayer was decent and am kinda sad to see him flame out so fast. This community needs mods like any other and chews them out in a far too rapid succession imo.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

ChubbyChecker posted:

Congratulations!

lol

It'd be a nightmare. Goons can be like a pack of wolves. Although also like wolves, if you know how to treat and handle us, and give us belly rubs from time to time, it's not so bad.

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

It’s not long or completely unhinged, but it’s still quite good. His post whining about being called a cop sounds exactly like the sort of monolog actual cops give while melting down over the realization that actually people don’t like them. He compared being called a bootlicker to being accused of pedophilia, and declared that people need to be punished for saying mean things to him.

He also worked in sad grandpa, “it’s disheartening to think,” I’m doing it for you, “me, a volunteer,” and making GBS threads on the population he claims to be serving, “a once-famous, now-obscure internet comedy forum.”

It’s not hall-of-fame material, but it’s not bad.

Yeah, I've properly read it for the first time now, and what a sour note to go out on. Few of the people criticizing him were the type of goon who is always complaining about mods no matter what. The authoritarian = pedophile thing is really far-fetched. As I said, I think he was just looking for an excuse to quit a demanding/unpaid job.

Phlegmish has a new favorite as of 16:33 on Oct 14, 2020

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

barbecue at the folks posted:

I thought Moon Slayer was decent and am kinda sad to see him flame out so fast. This community needs mods like any other and chews them out in a far too rapid succession imo.

He's a fundamentally nice person who stepped up to help out at a very weird and difficult time for the forums, and I did and do appreciate that.

That's really all I have to say about it! :shobon:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Pastry, I think you're cool.

Unless you anger me in some way, then I will destroy you too after another relentless vendetta. Grr mods

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I kind of skimmed it and thought he was arguing that it was mean to accuse someone of being a mod without evidence, which, yeah

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Sounds like something a star trek fan would say

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I’d say he was a bad mod but the trick is that there are no good mods

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

More like how.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Snowy posted:

Which tea is best for steeping in a cup of black coffee?

Unironic answer: Chicory.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Captain Diarrhoea posted:

goatse has more artistic merit than anime

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Goatse is the result of years of grueling training and simultaneously an ironic and unironic testament to the beauty of humanity's indomitable will, so this checks out.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
moon slayer was a good mod overall but that was a really weird and bad hill to die on and he should have just, like, listened to everyone and gone a little lighter on the comedy sixers.

like "don't give out so many comedy sixers, people don't think they're funny anymore" is not really a difficult request.

e: like, it's probably worth keeping in mind that the nonsense with him started because he gave out a loving shitload of comedy probes, people started going "hey uh maybe go a little lighter on that," and he just kept doubling down and doubling down until the people who were originally asking him were nuclear pissed about it. this was not exactly an unavoidable situation and he willfully walked directly into it.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

:agreed:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Oh, I didn't realize they were funny.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

The Maestro posted:

Lmfao he was probated for that? Worth it

I was gonna mention the 13th amendment/for-profit prisons when Internet Explorer mentioned "not being reminded of slavery" but he seems touchy

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

BOOTY-ADE posted:

I was gonna mention the 13th amendment/for-profit prisons when Internet Explorer mentioned "not being reminded of slavery" but he seems touchy

it's amazing how people like him and moon slayer keep ending up as mods

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

moon slayer was a good mod overall but that was a really weird and bad hill to die on and he should have just, like, listened to everyone and gone a little lighter on the comedy sixers.

like "don't give out so many comedy sixers, people don't think they're funny anymore" is not really a difficult request.

e: like, it's probably worth keeping in mind that the nonsense with him started because he gave out a loving shitload of comedy probes, people started going "hey uh maybe go a little lighter on that," and he just kept doubling down and doubling down until the people who were originally asking him were nuclear pissed about it. this was not exactly an unavoidable situation and he willfully walked directly into it.

As one of the people that was like ‘dude chill’ I agree. He was mostly fine and he’s definitely a fine person, but reacting to being told ‘hey maybe less comedy 6ers’ by doing more just made him look bad. People weren’t even that mad. Like, obviously it’s SA, so people said hyperbolic stuff on the internet but that’s how this place has always been.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

BOOTY-ADE posted:

well hell, someone has to :(

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Mod: *hands out probation as a joke*
Also Mod: *probates poster for making a joke on a comedy website’s forums*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

The Maestro posted:

Mod: *hands out probation as a joke*
Also Mod: *probates poster for making a joke on a comedy website’s forums*

i mean those were entirely different people...? moon slayer was the one going too hard on comedy sixers and internet explorer was the one who probed for the joke