Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Xiahou Dun posted:

I sincerely, honestly want to know why they care so strongly about the election of Senators.

Senators used to be appointed by state legislatures instead of elected by statewide popular vote.

Look at all the state legislatures Republicans control via gerrymandering even when Democrats get more votes statewide, those states would all have Republican senators.

Also senate seats were for sale, guaranteeing they stay in the hands of our lordly Job Creators

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

O no. I get that. I want to hear them try to explain it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

"More power for us, gently caress you" is an entirely consistent political approach if you think you're in the right.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Xiahou Dun posted:

Its usually "we cant be ruled by the tyranny of the majority" when the majority favors Democrats and "the government cant force things upon us!" When the government favors a Democrat solution.

And if its both? "The constitution says..."

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

RagnarokAngel posted:

Its usually "we cant be ruled by the tyranny of the majority" when the majority favors Democrats and "the government cant force things upon us!" When the government favors a Democrat solution.

And if its both? Silent majority.

And then "Well the democrats are the minority so we can force things upon them no prob"

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.

RagnarokAngel posted:

And if its both? "The constitution says..."

Reminds me of: When the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. When the law is on your side, pound on the law. When neither is on your side, pound on the table.

Sarcastr0
May 29, 2013

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE BILLIONAIRES ?!?!?

Xiahou Dun posted:

The Founders intended Moar States Rights.

Sarcastr0
May 29, 2013

'Unmasking' probe concludes without 'finding any substantive wrongdoing': report

quote:

To: yesthatjallen
Even with Barr, Dems get away with it EVERY SINGLE TIME

2 posted on 10/13/2020, 8:13:01 PM by Sarah Barracuda

quote:

Barr is DS scum, nothing will happen to these people.
20 posted on 10/13/2020, 8:28:04 PM by Major Matt Mason (America has a DemocRat and RINO problem.)

quote:

The Swap protects its own.

40 posted on 10/13/2020, 8:48:03 PM by Governor Dinwiddie (Guide me, O thou great redeemer, pilgrim through this barren land.)
Freep: The Swap protects its own.

quote:

Did he find evidence to exonerate Obama, Hillary, Biden, et al.? Well, then they’re guilty.

121 posted on 10/14/2020, 4:37:40 AM by Eleutheria5 (JOBS NOT MOBS!)

quote:

Threats, bribes, your grand children, your mother's dog.. WHATEVER it takes to get things moving in the "left's" direction.. It's been that way every sense the Clintons came to town...
62 posted on 10/13/2020, 9:11:45 PM by unread (A REPUBLIC..! If you can keep it....)

quote:

To: Jane Long
The way Just Us works is you narrow the scope of the investigation so that you are looking for a needle in a haystack.

Then you spend thousands of hours and lots of staff time hunting for the needle.

Then you don’t find it.

This stuff is _so_ predictable.

24 posted on 10/13/2020, 8:30:03 PM by cgbg (Masters don't want slaves talking about masters and slaves.)

quote:

Perhaps some folks need a new slogan instead of: "Trust the Plan!"

124 posted on 10/14/2020, 6:25:16 AM by SkyPilot ("I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6)

quote:

Its up to Trump. Declassify the world and go after Barr and Durham for covering it up!

99 posted on 10/13/2020, 11:06:40 PM by The MAGA-Deplorian (It is the Trump way! It is the only way!)

quote:

Trump should have appointed his son as AG right out of the gate.

36 posted on 10/13/2020, 8:39:05 PM by Dogbert41

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

I agree, point Trump's petty grievance obsession in Barr's and make don jr ag

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
What, Freep: The Swap.avi protects its own is right there!

This is predictable. It's the same mindset that sees "11 congressional investigations and thousands of hours and millions of dollars later, and Clinton hasn't been found to be at fault for Benghazi" and just comes to the conclusion of "we haven't investigated enough!"

The verdict has been reached. Now the trial must be held.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

quote:

Did he find evidence to exonerate Obama, Hillary, Biden, et al.? Well, then they’re guilty.

121 posted on 10/14/2020, 4:37:40 AM by Eleutheria5 (JOBS NOT MOBS!)

Ah yes, the "guilty until proven innocent" approach.

quote:

Threats, bribes, your grand children, your mother's dog.. WHATEVER it takes to get things moving in the "left's" direction.. It's been that way every sense the Clintons came to town...
62 posted on 10/13/2020, 9:11:45 PM by unread (A REPUBLIC..! If you can keep it....)

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, "Let there be Reagan" and there was Reagan. And God saw Reagan, that he was good.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I am not excited about Biden, but I am excited about reading FReep after election night.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Based on the early voting data, maybe you shouldn't.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

i just want HRC to be at fault for benghazi so we can put VIlerat's name on THE HILLARY BODY COUNT

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Mantis42 posted:

Early voting data seems to suggest Biden is winning. Trump getting corona hurt him with seniors (his best group) because seniors often will vote on appearance and trump looks like poo poo and a fool to them for banging on about how corona is fake then getting it.

Regardless the data isnt the concern, its more that covid is going to gently caress up who can vote and if its even a little close the gop will bang on about the election being invalid a la 2000.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

RagnarokAngel posted:

Regardless the data isnt the concern, its more that covid is going to gently caress up who can vote and if its even a little close the gop will bang on about the election being invalid a la 2000.

lol like being close or not will stop them

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Trump defeat = it was rigged
Trump victory = it was rigged but Trump’s genius and the Silent Majority defeated the Deep State

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

lol like being close or not will stop them

I didnt define what close was.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Mantis42 posted:

I'm not drunk enough to start trusting polls, but I think that things look favorable for a Trump loss.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
The early voting data is good for Biden. The only place where it looks "even" is in a site that's basically just making stuff up because the states they're saying they're tracking don't actually report party ID for ballot requests and returns.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Trump victory = it was rigged but Trump’s genius and the Silent Majority defeated the Deep State

the worst fuckin deep state if they fail to stop Trump twice

Sarcastr0
May 29, 2013

quote:

To: livius
Nothing needs to be done unless you live in one of the Africanized American cities.

If you are unfortunate enough to live in one of the Africanized cities, you have two choices........ endure or leave. Regardless, your standard of living is going to fall

If you don’t live in one of the Africanized cities, all you can do is just watch.

As Africanized cities fail, business elsewhere will improve

14 posted on 10/19/2020, 8:14:37 AM by bert ( (KE. NP. N.C. +12) t Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay My, o. h, my, what a wonderful day)

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Jesus Christ.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
FReep has this demented vision of cities. It's like they think that any town with more than 50,000 people in it is Mogadishu circa 1990.

They also think we're going to collapse or whatever and that the fallout would all be contained within city limits and wouldn't have any effect on their lives. Though they do fantasize about black people killing all of us city-dwelling palefaces and then gunning them down when they leave the city to find more loot.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The racism is so disgusting that my brain protects me by projecting an image of terrified urban freepers futiley blasting shotguns into swarms of africanized* honey bees.

*nairobi strain :bahgawd:

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Oct 19, 2020

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I also was thinking bees.

Finnankainen
Oct 14, 2012
Grogs.txt meets Freerepublic.com

Any Freepers Play Strategy Board Games?

quote:

My all-time favorite is Advanced Third Reich by Avalon Hill. It can be combined with Empire of the Rising Sun for a Global War!
1 posted on 10/18/2020, 1:31:05 PM by rfreedom4u
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

quote:

To: rfreedom4u
Panzer Blitz
Haven’t played since college, 38 years ago.

20 posted on 10/18/2020, 1:39:10 PM by mkleesma (`Call to me, and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.')
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

Third Reich, Luftwaffe great game, Panzer Blitz, were favorites. There must be online and mail leagues these days.

29 posted on 10/18/2020, 1:45:23 PM by ghost.of.patton (Labor Participation Rate FED Reserve)

quote:

I like to play “Messianic Jew.”

We take two or three Christians and give them cards filled with transliterated Hebrew words.

The goal is insert them into Free Republic posts, pretending they are Jews.

Every misappropriation gets five points. Mispronunciations get ten points, and total misinterpretation of the Old and New Testaments get twenty points.

Double points if you quote Matthew, Mark, Luke, or John in Hebrew or any other language you have never spoken nor ever read, including Aramaic, Urdu, and Braille.

The first one to scream “Oy! Yeshuah Ha’Melech” wins the game.

35 posted on 10/18/2020, 1:51:37 PM by golux

quote:

My all-time favorite is Advanced Third Reich by Avalon Hill.
I had that at one time. I traded it to friend for Outdoor Survival. 😐

My first game was Richthofen's War.

-PJ

37 posted on 10/18/2020, 1:53:02 PM by Political Junkie Too (Freedom of the press is the People's right to publish, not CNN's right to the 1st question.)

quote:

My brothers and I played LeMans, Blitzkrieg, there were others, those were the two I recall clearly, ( it’s been about 50 years ).

38 posted on 10/18/2020, 1:53:08 PM by csvset (tolerance becomes a crime when attached to evil)

quote:

Panzergruppe Guderian, Kasserine Pass, Kriegspiel were some favorites until my late 20's when everyone started getting married, having kids, and finally getting real jobs!
Alexander was a classic, had great balance and whenever I played the Persian side I would always make a run for the Greek baggage camps, which is really a bad strategy!

69 posted on 10/18/2020, 2:38:39 PM by Left2Right (Keep America Great!)

quote:

Played Avalon Hill Afrika Corp. There was a Stalingrad board game but I don’t remember if it was Avalon Hill or not. I think we may have played Blitzkrieg too.

These were my cousins games and he was pretty good at them.

Chess, Risk... my nephew used to say “anyone for a quick game of Risk?” Of course he was joking.

92 posted on 10/18/2020, 4:14:58 PM by Clutch Martin (The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 17 | View Replies]

Not that playing old WWII wargames makes you a Nazi, but I can take a wild guess about what side these guys liked to play.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
That pisses me off because the same poo poo freepers probably believe about WW2 is still around today, the decades-out-of-date myths of soviet conscript hordes and superior german engineering and all that poo poo. Any strategy game community outside of SA is full of that poo poo coming from people our age and it's a loving dice roll if a given game store is chud central.

The golux post legit made me chuckle, cuz I thiiiiink they're calling out freeper evangelicals.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
It is interesting what types of people are attracted to wargames. I think you do get a small number of actual nazis, but mostly you get people who bought the Superior German Steel propoganda and want to play Germany because it has "superior" equipment. Even in these forums today, you will now and then get a goon posting an utterly misunderstood belief of history because the German Kruppstahl vs. Soviet Hordes myth has become utterly ingrained in Western military ethos.

Similarly, in modern setting games you will get loads of Russian nationalists posting about the superiority of cold war Russia over the Western militaries. A sort of "Make Russia Great Again" attitude.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

I hate to pedantically "defend" a Freeper, but Kriegspiel, despite the German name, either refers to a variety of chess played blind or this weird rear end proto wargame from the 1600's. It's the one non-Nazi thing in the post.

But I understand the assumption cause I doubt there were a lot of people talking about Agricola or whatever.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

These people are like the folks that play hearts of iron and refuse to play anything but Germany.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Xiahou Dun posted:

I hate to pedantically "defend" a Freeper, but Kriegspiel, despite the German name, either refers to a variety of chess played blind or this weird rear end proto wargame from the 1600's. It's the one non-Nazi thing in the post.

Avalon Hill published a game called Kriegsspiel in 1970. It bore no relationship to the earlier games of the name name, but was interesting in that it was an ahistorical game with a symmetrical setup to make it an even contest.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

mllaneza posted:

Avalon Hill published a game called Kriegsspiel in 1970. It bore no relationship to the earlier games of the name name, but was interesting in that it was an ahistorical game with a symmetrical setup to make it an even contest.

And, let me guess, it had Nazis? I stand corrected.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Any news on Freeper voting? Are they voting early? Using mail?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Xiahou Dun posted:

And, let me guess, it had Nazis? I stand corrected.

It did not. It was vague red and black pieces with no real historical marker.

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

Her navel is all time musky... Bt look at her face... Her face makes my ROD wakes
I’m not shocked at all that a bunch of freepers are Wehraboos

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

PhallicPhalanges posted:

I’m not shocked at all that a bunch of freepers are Wehraboos

Funnily enough I do have a conservative family member who is big into WW2 stuff and yet all he talks about is the Red Army. I don't know what the Soviet equivalent of Wehraboo-ism but he is definitely not a tankie or any kind of communist :v:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

DarklyDreaming posted:

Funnily enough I do have a conservative family member who is big into WW2 stuff and yet all he talks about is the Red Army. I don't know what the Soviet equivalent of Wehraboo-ism but he is definitely not a tankie or any kind of communist :v:

Just a guy who appreciates a cool army.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

T-34 is objectively the sexiest tank. Peak armor performance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Just a guy who appreciates a cool army.

Odds are also pretty good they're tankie. With WW2 wargamers never trust them.

(Evidence: I play the Red Army in WW2 historicals)