Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

mods, new thread title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Deepened my position in no dropout earlier when everyone was waiting for Trump to get on the helicopter

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

A+ move

not touching that market because how fast bojo collapsed but i agree with your logic

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
even tho its an extreme longshot pence was so cheap i couldnt help but toss some dosh on it. if it pays out drat we buying mcds filet o fishes for the whole neighborh00d =O

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Smythe posted:

even tho its an extreme longshot pence was so cheap i couldnt help but toss some dosh on it. if it pays out drat we buying mcds filet o fishes for the whole neighborh00d =O

It doesn't matter how cheap it is if it's not undervalued. Pence running is correctly valued or maybe even overvalued because they would be so unlikely to change the ticket even if Trump died today and it becomes less likely with each day that passes. Plus even 9% is a generous chance of Trump dying or being incapacitated

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Jewel Repetition posted:

It doesn't matter how cheap it is if it's not undervalued. Pence running is correctly valued or maybe even overvalued because they would be so unlikely to change the ticket even if Trump died today and it becomes less likely with each day that passes. Plus even 9% is a generous chance of Trump dying or being incapacitated

Nice made up words and poo poo. gently caress off

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
dont need to do spectral calculus to make an epic bet on the testicle electrocutor to become potus. go back to nerd camp

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lmfao buying pence at .09

sum
Nov 15, 2010

https://twitter.com/cliffordlevy/status/1312398581194784768

Actuarial data seems to suggest that Trump has a 50/50 chance of surviving now that he's hospitalized and a 3 day period in between testing positive and needing oxygen is a pretty grim sign. Considering his pre-Covid odds were ~45%, I like "no" at 64 cents.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Smythe posted:

dont need to do spectral calculus to make an epic bet on the testicle electrocutor to become potus. go back to nerd camp

Sir, this is the thread for hucksters, flim-flam men, inhabitants of the House of the Rising Sun, and crooks

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

There is an interesting market up for the number of ballots returned in Florida by October 9th: https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/6913/How-many-mail-in-votes-reported-in-Florida-at-11-am-on-Oct-9

A professor from UF is doing some data aggregation and visualization here: https://electproject.github.io/Early-Vote-2020G/FL.html

Current total is around 571k returned.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

not touching that

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Here's my elite pro idea. Trump is probably gonna fail to be discharged tomorrow, or be rehospitalized. So I could sell my dropout Nos right now, make a 10% profit, then buy them up again right when that happens and ride them to the payout on Nov 1st

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

he's leaving! lol

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

i say swears online posted:

he's leaving! lol

I still expect there to be some kind of scare before it's over based on the corticosteroid he took and the quick discharge

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
You can now bet on Trump dragging things out: https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/6906/Will-Trump-or-Biden-personally-concede-defeat-within-two-weeks-of-Election-Day

quote:

This market shall resolve to Yes in the event that either President Donald Trump or former Vice President Joe Biden concedes that a candidate other than himself has won the 2020 general election for U.S. President, and does so no later than the End Date listed below. PredictIt’s determination shall be based on either of the following: a) a public, unconditional and unambiguous concession by Trump himself or Biden himself or b) media reports, that PredictIt in its sole discretion deems reliable, of an unconditional and unambiguous concession by either candidate personally.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Lol

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
I had placed some bets after the debate figuring that things would tighten back up, boy oh boy was I unprepared for October 2020.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Rationally I should buy some Biden.President.YES but Trump's magic, and the weirdness of the year, and the pendulum all make me too scared to

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Tip for anyone playing the presidential winner: the market's inflated so buying NO for the candidate who'll lose is cheaper than buying YES for the candidate who'll win. Which is extra crazy-because NO for the loser covers more possibilities (like Trump or Biden dying)

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
Does NO cover the election going to the House or is that in the terms?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

Does NO cover the election going to the House or is that in the terms?

The rules don't specify, but based on how Predictit has handled other odd situations, it's safe to assume whoever was made president by the House would be considered the Winner

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

things have re-tightened a bit, good time to get in on trump NOs across the board at decent prices

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

i say swears online posted:

things have re-tightened a bit, good time to get in on trump NOs across the board at decent prices

who the gently caress thinks the race is tightening lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

there's tons of magamoney out there ripe for the plucking

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

dex_sda posted:

who the gently caress thinks the race is tightening lol

As we close in on the end of October I expect prices to continue to tighten as casual players stream in. When October ends and some big free money markets (e.g., will Hillary run, Biden drop out, etc.) pay out then things will probably shift back the other way as the smart money triples down.

Halloween is your time to buy! Assuming Biden doesn't die on live TV at the last debate!

Vox Nihili has issued a correction as of 21:42 on Oct 13, 2020

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

he did just fine at the only and final debate two weeks ago

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

Vox Nihili posted:

As we close in on the end of October I expect prices to continue to tighten as casual players stream in. When October ends and some big free money markets (e.g., will Hillary run, Biden drop out, etc.) pay out then things will probably shift back the other way as the smart money triples down.

Halloween is your time to buy! Assuming Biden doesn't die on live TV at the last debate!

you're describing "winnowing"

it happens in every election. poo poo gets tighter right before the polls open

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

doesn't winnowing only apply in primaries as candidates are eliminated

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

The market for when the election will be called seems like an easy no for November 3 doesn't it? Maybe I just don't understand how to bet?

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

net work error posted:

The market for when the election will be called seems like an easy no for November 3 doesn't it? Maybe I just don't understand how to bet?
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/10/13/us/politics/when-votes-counted.html is a good guide here

Pennsylvania and Wisconsin probably won't be counted before midnight, but I suppose there's a chance that Biden wins Texas and Florida by midnight at which point he's pretty clearly won the whole thing

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

net work error posted:

If it's a blowout and both networks call it. Fox called it at 11:15 pm in 2012 and 2:45 am in 2016. Its probably easy money, PA and WI don't even process their mail in ballots until election day and Michigan only starts the day before. WI and MI are at ~25% of the total votes from 2016 being either mail in or early according to US Elections Project; PA is only 8%.

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

net work error posted:

IMHO this is essentially a bet on how close you think Florida/N. Carolina are going to be. I am basically going to be f'5ing sumter county returns on the night of. If it's roughly/slightly worse than where Trump was 4 years ago, then I'd bet no on Nov 3rd.

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

net work error posted:

nah it usually always happens as people have to make up their minds and there isn't an overwhelmingly terrible candidate*

*who doesn't have a brainwashed cult base

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

can we put in the OP of the thread the literal first sentence as:

DO NOT BET MONEY YOU CANNOT LIGHT ON FIRE AND THROW AWAY

i know the warning is there in the OP but it's kind of buried in a wall of text

i feel like a moral scold but i think we ran into this issue before and hopefully that would make someone think twice when clicking on this thread and wanting to bet money they cant afford to lose

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
also predict poo poo is not regulated and can just decide to keep your money.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Biden Drop out keeps taking slaps due to these email drops, nice to squeeze a little extra out of a free money market

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

The Chad Jihad posted:

Biden Drop out keeps taking slaps due to these email drops, nice to squeeze a little extra out of a free money market
Kinda hard to do this when I maxbet months ago!

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Elephanthead posted:

also predict poo poo is not regulated and can just decide to keep your money.

They can, but it's extremely unlikely they would because it's against their interests. In fact I'd bet money on it :dukedog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I have evolved past PredictIt and placed the following $5 moneyline bets on Bovada that the following states will go Biden (the cowards will not let me parlay these):

NC -120
IA +140
FL (EVEN)
AZ -135
GA +130
TX +265