Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Kibayasu posted:

Mila Jovovich is the baddest bad rear end that ever bad assed - Paul WS Anderson, probably

Man if people handed me money to make movies of my wife kicking all kinds of rear end and not have to actually make them good movies I'd do it in a hot second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

I got that confused with Paul Thomas Anderson and was bewildered for a few minutes until I googled it.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Is this... Yakuza-skinned Final Fight? :hellyeah:

Orv
May 4, 2011

Starks posted:

I got that confused with Paul Thomas Anderson and was bewildered for a few minutes until I googled it.

The sequel to There Will Be Blood had a very different oeuvre to it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ceyton posted:

Yep! I am sad that it's only going to be available until October 19th. I hope there is a huge amount of attention and downloads and it convinces Sega to keep it up as a free game.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
That monster hunter movie looks like the dumb kind of poo poo I need in my life

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Orv posted:

Man if people handed me money to make movies of my wife kicking all kinds of rear end and not have to actually make them good movies I'd do it in a hot second.

What are you talking about? There are already loads of movies out there with your wife licki... oh, you said kicking rear end? Nevermind then.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I can sync my gog games with my steam account right? Part of the reason I play them so little is because I do everything on steam

Orv
May 4, 2011

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

What are you talking about? There are already loads of movies out there with your wife licki... oh, you said kicking rear end? Nevermind then.

God I could be such an rear end in a top hat right now but I won't.

E: My wife died of stomach cancer earlier this year but I didn't want to actually use that as a cudgel, tempting as it is it seems like a real dick move, even if I am doing better.

Orv fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Oct 14, 2020

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

Milo and POTUS posted:

I can sync my gog games with my steam account right? Part of the reason I play them so little is because I do everything on steam

You can manage them with gog galaxy

sometimes they let you add them through gog connect but that has not happened for a while.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Probably as part of the big Sega sale the Mega Drive and Genesis Classics Bundle is 90% off. For $7 I'm tempted.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Ceyton posted:

I think it's Yakuza-skinned Streets of Rage.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Orv posted:

God I could be such an rear end in a top hat right now but I won't.

E: My wife died of stomach cancer earlier this year but I didn't want to actually use that as a cudgel, tempting as it is it seems like a real dick move, even if I am doing better.

I'm sorry, man. Hugs.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Ah poo poo Orv, sorry to hear that.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I appreciate it, I'm a lot better than I was though it's obviously still the worst possible thing at the moment.

Anyway, point being I love a good trash action movie and Monster Hunter will probably suit.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Orv posted:

I appreciate it, I'm a lot better than I was though it's obviously still the worst possible thing at the moment.

Anyway, point being I love a good trash action movie and Monster Hunter will probably suit.

Condolences.

Mindless stuff is all I want to watch right now. Get the gently caress out of here with depressing movies. I don't care if they won a hundred awards. I rewatched Hot Fuzz and World's End back to back last night and I am a better man for it.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

It's 2020 and I just installed Runescape on Steam, what is wrong with me :ohdear:

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Orv posted:

yeah they've got a good thing going

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I've gotten about 2 hours into Vigil: The Longest Night and it's made a pretty good impression. Very nice and fluid Soulstroidvania vibe they've got going on with some cool bosses and simple intuitive soulslike combat. I also like the more Castlevania-esque additions of a skill tree and buyable potions/weapons. Translation is a bit sketchy and I have no idea what the story of this game is supposed to be about, but not bad so far!

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

explosivo posted:

It's 2020 and I just installed Runescape on Steam, what is wrong with me :ohdear:

Everybody chooses to express their self loathing in their own way.

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat

exquisite tea posted:

Translation is a bit sketchy

That's a bit of an understatement. I doubt a native English speaker looked at this.

Edit: Also, it feels like it wants you to start investing skill points in specific weapon types straight away, with improvements having zero crossover between them. Just let me level up strength, don't make me choose to raise my attack power in swords only to find out I hate the style. The dual swords special ability is right at the end of the tree, how do I know if its crap to use?

Fatty fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Oct 15, 2020

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

If they ever make a David Bowie biographic in the vein of I'm Not There it would be criminal not to cast Milla Jovovich in it imo.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

exquisite tea posted:

I've gotten about 2 hours into Vigil: The Longest Night and it's made a pretty good impression. Very nice and fluid Soulstroidvania vibe they've got going on with some cool bosses and simple intuitive soulslike combat. I also like the more Castlevania-esque additions of a skill tree and buyable potions/weapons. Translation is a bit sketchy and I have no idea what the story of this game is supposed to be about, but not bad so far!

Keep us posted on updates! The store page looks really, really interesting so I'm interested to hear how it develops for you.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Fatty posted:

That's a bit of an understatement. I doubt a native English speaker looked at this.

Edit: Also, it feels like it wants you to start investing skill points in specific weapon types straight away, with improvements having zero crossover between them. Just let me level up strength, don't make me choose to raise my attack power in swords only to find out I hate the style. The dual swords special ability is right at the end of the tree, how do I know if its crap to use?

You get an honestly absurd amount of levels to the point where I think they just want you to use everything eventually. But the dual swords special ability is very janky to use, it's like a parry but the timing is annoyingly tight. Does a lot of damage but uses up a lot of stamina.

Also JFYI to anyone else playing this, there are unmarked points of no return. Don't play the ocarina until you've done every quest you have available besides the ones you obviously can't do without it. I have like three quests in my book marked with X's now and it's kinda killed my drive to keep playing. It wasn't really particularly good anyways.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

Ragequit posted:

Huh, I had no idea this movie was in the works

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc1qwginrWU

I got chills. I'm down to watch it.

E: Also, give me RPG gun-blades.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I don't think this is an explicitly Baldur's Gate related problem, more of a Steam thing, but I seem to have hit a snag downloading the latest BG3 update -- it just hangs there saying "Unpacking" forever, and pausing and resuming or completely exiting steam doesn't stop it. Any fix that doesn't involve me having to redownload the whole game would be really appreciated, my internet isn't that fast!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

goferchan posted:

I don't think this is an explicitly Baldur's Gate related problem, more of a Steam thing, but I seem to have hit a snag downloading the latest BG3 update -- it just hangs there saying "Unpacking" forever, and pausing and resuming or completely exiting steam doesn't stop it. Any fix that doesn't involve me having to redownload the whole game would be really appreciated, my internet isn't that fast!

How much free space do you have on the drive it's installed on?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

How much free space do you have on the drive it's installed on?

Not a ton but still like 50 gigs? Either way, a reboot fixed it. Should have tried that before posting!

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

goferchan posted:

It did the same thing for me. Took around 30 minutes to “unpack”. I have never had it take that long before.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
I have found that, from the few times I boot Windows to play Arma, that Windows Update likes to interfere heavily with Steam. As soon as I murdered Windows Update Steam resumed patching and downloading; as soon as I mercifully allowed Windows to update Steam stopped.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Steam has problems sharing bandwidth with other programs in general. I've not made that experience with Windows Update in specific yet, but trying to stream something on Youtube at the same time kills download speeds way in excess of what the stream should actually be taking up.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Jamfrost posted:

I got chills. I'm down to watch it.

E: Also, give me RPG gun-blades.

Okay that actually looks super dope, way better than the first teaser they released. I'm here for it.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Cardiovorax posted:

Steam has problems sharing bandwidth with other programs in general. I've not made that experience with Windows Update in specific yet, but trying to stream something on Youtube at the same time kills download speeds way in excess of what the stream should actually be taking up.

I actually had this happen earlier today. Adobe creative cloud pushed an update at the same time I was updating a game on steam and both downloads took forever to complete on my PC. I did a speed test on my cell using the wifi and it was fine, just steam + another download at the same time tripped something up.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Cardiovorax posted:

Only on Windows for me. :smuggo:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
So I bought Din's Legacy after having played and enjoyed Din's Curse a long while back. I fuckin' love this dumbass janky game, if only for the amount of different ideas they crammed into the game and how they basically work the same as a sketchy extension cord powering the whole garage. The ability to create different areas and to move your characters among them is super cool and I'm hoping to start figuring out how the town dynamics work more soon.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Noita's out of early access now.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

ultrafilter posted:

Noita's out of early access now.

I just came here to post this, it's always nice seeing EA games get actual releases! It's been a while since I played it, curious to see what changes they've made since then.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Is there a quick way to see if a game is steam cloud enabled in the new interface? In the old one you could see the little cloud symbol in the list view.

I just tried playing Lego incredibles on another machine but the save wasn't there from my laptop so i dunno if it was s synching issue or if it's just not a steam cloud game.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Holy cow a new Crew game from the Bomber Crew guys. Looks like FTL but a expanded into the Bomber Crew kind of management.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiUcA6iggdE

Hyped to die painfully and silently in space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

on the store page you get the list of steam features on the right like this

i dont know if there is a way to see from the library list

lego incredibles doesnt list cloud support