Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Eyyyyy! Carona-19! That's-a real Italiano!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

otter posted:

Now Nick Saban has it. What happens of Saban dies? Will the cognitive dissonance ripple cause the whole South to implode upon itself?

The show will go on.

I don't think he's been involved with the Power Rangers for at least 15 years

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Eyyyyy! Carona-19! That's-a real Italiano!

(very Bart Simpson voice) Ay corona!

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

I'm like 99% confident Trump is going to claim victory in the election before hardly any of the mail in votes are counted and will say as president-elect he's disqualifying Joe Biden because of the Russia and/or Ukraine poo poo

Lewis Skolnick
Nov 4, 2011
Do they count mail-in votes as they come in or are they just letting them pile up to count on election day?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Any changes started now are too late for the election. Remember, they literally ruined sorting machines in all this - removed parts and took them away, left machines outdoors to get rained on and rust. Can’t turn that poo poo around overnight.

Maybe this will be soon enough to not gently caress up Christmas mail volume, we’ll see.

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

SRQ posted:

The absurdly long lines are not at all normal and shouldn't be viewed as normal. In that 16 hour day my partner and I got through a few hundred people. Our polling area got through a few thousand. I can't even imagine the level of underpaid and underfunded staff and systems that could lead to early voting lines being this long and times being that bad. We never had a line for more than 15 minutes, which was the end of the day rush and the lines at each station were around 30 people long. That was the absolute worst- on election day itself.

Just wanted to comment on what you're seeing, it's because there are far less early voting locations than locations open on election day. For example in my county, early voting started but only at one location - the county government building. This is a county with about 300,000 people. I showed up day-of (mostly so I could tune out political poo poo, you can see how well that's going lol) and there were about 2-3 dozen people in line when I got there and in line when I left. If the same is true for bigger counties, I'd imagine you'd see longer lines. In the past few weeks, a few more locations in the county have opened up, now on a one-per-town basis. By election day, I'd assume there will be a few dozen polling places open. For example, the guy across the street from me goes to a different polling place that I do, and they're both within walking distance.

I think what you're seeing is an initial crush to get a vote in early. You're seeing a ton of enthusiasm, and I'm taking this enthusiasm as an extremely good thing.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Lewis Skolnick posted:

Do they count mail-in votes as they come in or are they just letting them pile up to count on election day?

This is state by state.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Lewis Skolnick posted:

Depends on the state. Florida starts counting them I believe 14 days before Election Day, whereas my dumb non-swing state waits until polls close on Election Day before they even start counting mail-in votes.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Also lol at "They have so many names for this virus, I can't even remember them all!" My dude. You made up all but like 3 of them.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
I received my ballot in the mail today. I immediately filled it out and dropped it off at the county elections division on my way to an appointment. I could have mailed it but people have started raiding curbside blue mailboxes, wrenching them open, and emptying their contents here in Portland lately. I can rest soundly knowing that my middle finger to Trump is already in the hands of the people who will count it.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Catastrophe posted:

I received my ballot in the mail today. I immediately filled it out and dropped it off at the county elections division on my way to an appointment. I could have mailed it but people have started raiding curbside blue mailboxes, wrenching them open, and emptying their contents here in Portland lately. I can rest soundly knowing that my middle finger to Trump is already in the hands of the people who will count it.

I haven't gotten mine yet but yeah I'll do the same.

Oregon is good.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

lol

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Ben Carson is still Secretary of Housing and Urban Development? Fuckin' lol.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Ben Carson is still Secretary of Housing and Urban Development? Fuckin' lol.

Dude, he's black. He's hip. He's urban!

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

3 DONG HORSE posted:

He's probably at least one of those things.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1316542704344469504?s=20
he really is a piece of poo poo lol

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

i was going back to listen to what trump had said about charlottesville and it is somewhat incredible how more and more incoherent hes become. like in 2017 he was saying some foolish things but overall his speech patterns were coherent. then you just keep going on and on and you see how deteriorated his speech has become. first even before corona he has been pushing his voice out during his rallies and you didnt really hear that until 2019/2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSliBPlM9KA

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
Spotted at a laundromat by my dentist's office, today. 2020 is bizarre. Places where you rinse out your dirty underwear are telling you to go participate in the democratic process

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Strong Sauce posted:

i was going back to listen to what trump had said about charlottesville and it is somewhat incredible how more and more incoherent hes become. like in 2017 he was saying some foolish things but overall his speech patterns were coherent. then you just keep going on and on and you see how deteriorated his speech has become. first even before corona he has been pushing his voice out during his rallies and you didnt really hear that until 2019/2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSliBPlM9KA

Sometimes I think a big part of it is that he started running out of material and that, coupled with his rotting brain, makes him repeat himself to kind of stall for time. I mean the guy brought up loving MS13 in.his speech. Nobody cares about MS13 anymore!

Mrs. Sexual
Feb 3, 2020

That will earn some undecideds I’m sure

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Sometimes I think a big part of it is that he started running out of material and that, coupled with his rotting brain, makes him repeat himself to kind of stall for time. I mean the guy brought up loving MS13 in.his speech. Nobody cares about MS13 anymore!

he kept ranting about how he cant possibly lose to this politician because he himself is not one. it would be very embarrassing for him to lose.

so i guess hes going to go through with the coup and all that. real cool.

edit: imagine foreign world leaders having to end up denouncing the coup and having to "recognize" biden as the rightful president of the US. lol.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Aaaaandd the entire Hunter Biden + Burisma news cycle has closed and moved on to the comedy stylings of Mickey Rooney Rudy Guiliani.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

he tries to make a joke about how biden went into the primary against the radical left ( i thought he was the radical left? )... with "alfred e neumann." he repeats it twice before saying, "pete buttigieg".. so its either two things

1. he either tried to make a MAD magazine joke which hits the boomers I guess? I read MAD magazine I guess so maybe Millennials know it but what a weird reference.
or 2. he forgot pete butt's name.. which would be funny since he was saying joe biden walks around not knowing anyone's name.

really glad we have two old people running for president. it's a battle of who can remember things first.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Strong Sauce posted:

he kept ranting about how he cant possibly lose to this politician because he himself is not one. it would be very embarrassing for him to lose.

so i guess hes going to go through with the coup and all that. real cool.

edit: imagine foreign world leaders having to end up denouncing the coup and having to "recognize" biden as the rightful president of the US. lol.

What would happen if you were living abroad and your country's government collapsed? Asking for a friend

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

After Trump's YMCA isn't it time for Biden to start using Macho Man as a bigly manly response?

cantwellmuckenfuss
Mar 30, 2011

Catastrophe posted:

And you're supposed to see this as normal. It's cool that voting here in the USA (the bastion of lolberty) is as accessible as getting your fishing license. If you have a car to get to the county office on the day that they're there but it's all cool and the States don't have a grotesque history of hating Black people. Well they did but I'm sure it ended somewhere in 1968. And if MLK wanted to ensure the vote for brown people he'd have exploited markets to make it true.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Catastrophe posted:

What's up, fellow voting PNW goon?

Got my WA ballot today and had it filled out/sealed up within 30 minutes. Dropping it off tomorrow at one of the official county boxes as I also don't trust any other way right now.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

And he's still looking for his luggage!

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Strong Sauce posted:

he tries to make a joke about how biden went into the primary against the radical left ( i thought he was the radical left? )... with "alfred e neumann." he repeats it twice before saying, "pete buttigieg".. so its either two things

1. he either tried to make a MAD magazine joke which hits the boomers I guess? I read MAD magazine I guess so maybe Millennials know it but what a weird reference.
or 2. he forgot pete butt's name.. which would be funny since he was saying joe biden walks around not knowing anyone's name.

really glad we have two old people running for president. it's a battle of who can remember things first.

Yeah. The the second cringiest part of that video is how he keeps repeating the same exact thing over and over, expecting people to laugh. But nobody does so he keeps trying. Dude. Let it go!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Bronze Fonz posted:

After Trump's YMCA isn't it time for Biden to start using Macho Man as a bigly manly response?
trump uses that too :ohdear:

cantwellmuckenfuss
Mar 30, 2011
LOL. I'm drunk and prob me but gently caress you to the guy who thinks voter suppression isn't a thing because his dumb, white rear end doesn't have a problem because he lives in small density county. I hope you never get cancer cause these big, bad cities have every amenity your hayrick couldn't gently caress a cow to achieve.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

nooneofconsequence posted:

trump uses that too :ohdear:

Looks like Biden's left with the songs In the Navy and Sex Over the Phone

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Google knows me a bit too well I think because it just autocompleted my "can supreme court justices be impeached" query when I'd only finished a word and half

sorry bitch you're just an old man yelling at clouds now, no one gives a gently caress and Joe Biden doesn't have to do poo poo for you

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

cantwellmuckenfuss posted:

LOL. I'm drunk and prob me but gently caress you to the guy who thinks voter suppression isn't a thing because his dumb, white rear end doesn't have a problem because he lives in small density county. I hope you never get cancer cause these big, bad cities have every amenity your hayrick couldn't gently caress a cow to achieve.

loving cows cures cancer?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

LabyaMynora posted:

Depends on the state. Florida starts counting them I believe 14 days before Election Day, whereas my dumb non-swing state waits until polls close on Election Day before they even start counting mail-in votes.

Arizona has a new law that allows early ballots to start being counted 14 days before Election Day. In all previous elections it was 7 days, but Arizona has a huge number of early/absentee ballots which was causing very late election results, which is why the law was changed finally.

consensual poster
Sep 1, 2009

:laffo:

Hide the Pain Harlan

That's the most punchable face imaginable.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Gotta show off the gams I guess

catapede
Jul 1, 2018

Eatin' fish leaves
Gettin' strong

loving cows cures cancer?

That's not how herd immunity works

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Looks like Biden's left with the songs In the Navy and Sex Over the Phone

It's not that difficult but I'm unsure if Biden has the footwork. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuJ5Q2mLx4g

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Oct 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Play posted:

Google knows me a bit too well I think because it just autocompleted my "can supreme court justices be impeached" query when I'd only finished a word and half

I got the same thing. I think it means that the vast majority of the country wants to know if that woman can be removed after Biden takes office.