Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

God, this feels so god damned good. If we could distill feelings and then shoot them up, this would be mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I imagine "Convince me to vote for Joe without mentioning Trump" would result in an instantaneous "Thank you for your feedback. We have removed you from our list. Have a great day!"

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Code Jockey posted:

I imagine "Convince me to vote for Joe without mentioning Trump" would result in an instantaneous "Thank you for your feedback. We have removed you from our list. Have a great day!"

Nah it would have resulted in a response that mentions beating Donald Trump anyway.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zvahl posted:

lol hope it ruined their day

pennsylvania nojoes doing the most and are braver than troop

they responded with "I'm opting you out of texts immediately." and that was it. :)

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Sydin posted:

Nah it would have resulted in a response that mentions beating Donald Trump anyway.

Or that, yeah. "While I understand your concern, Donald Trump remains the biggest threat" blah blah whatever

Cycle after cycle we remain in a constant state of being half an hour away from the end of the superhero movie, we just have to come together and beat the Bad Man, then we all get to celebrate, roll credits, history is over! Also we're matching donations at 420% right now!

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
:lol::lol::lol: what the gently caress is "deep canvasing?" Sounds like some poo poo Q would be banging on about.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

102 times as effective.

Weak.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

getting my back blown out, from canvassing

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Why would you tell a potential voter what weird Machine Learning you're using to harass them? loving stupid

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Sydin posted:

:lol::lol::lol: what the gently caress is "deep canvasing?" Sounds like some poo poo Q would be banging on about.

it uses AI and the cloud

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Sydin posted:

It's boring https://callhub.io/deep-canvassing/

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
it feels fitting that democrats in their endless need for brand purification have twisted around the idea of 'talk like a human being' and rebranded it

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Zvahl posted:

it feels fitting that democrats in their endless need for brand purification have twisted around the idea of 'talk like a human being' and rebranded it

They probably think they invented it.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

What if we talk to people instead of telling them what they should believe?

Ten minutes later: uhhhh, guys idk if this works.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

quote:

Why does Deep Canvassing work?
Deep canvassing uses 4 techniques which helps in convincing voters to change their minds. The techniques are explained below:

Perspective-taking is rather simple. It considers or understands an issue from an alternative point of view. When canvassers share their perspective, it makes voters ponder and consider the alternative. Sharing their own experience adds value as they see the same old issue in a new light.

Cognitive Dissonance is the tension that comes from holding two conflicting thoughts in your mind at the same time. This is when your actions don’t match with your belief. The act of deep canvassing helps people realize that their beliefs and actions don’t go hand-in-hand, compelling them to change (voters decide on their own).

There is not an :ironicat: big enough for Biden canvassers to use this method.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Sydin posted:

There is not an :ironicat: big enough for Biden canvassers to use this method.

The thing that gets me the most is that I read this and it feels like I'm reading a document on Social Engineering 101.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Ruzihm posted:

Capital is certainly stronger now than when the soviet union was emerging victorious from the second world war

Capital is international though. It doesn't empower the US. It's the other way around

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

DEEP CANVASING IS 1,382 TIMES MORE EFFECTIVE THAN REGULAR CANVASSING

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Jewel Repetition posted:

Capital is international though. It doesn't empower the US. It's the other way around

hes speaking as a personification of capital, and "us" = capital as a whole ;)

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Do people actually respond positively to having cognitive dissonance pointed out or do they just devolve into frothing balls of incoherent rage?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

cenotaph posted:

Do people actually respond positively to having cognitive dissonance pointed out or do they just devolve into frothing balls of incoherent rage?

In my experience, when people have cognitive dissonance pointed out their response is THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ELECTION. HOW CAN YOU LOOK YOUR BLACK AND TRANS FRIENDS IN THE EYES

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Jewel Repetition posted:

In my experience, when people have cognitive dissonance pointed out their response is THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ELECTION. HOW CAN YOU LOOK YOUR BLACK AND TRANS FRIENDS IN THE EYES

Jokes on you! I don't have any friends :smug:

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Iron Crowned posted:

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

you can be my friend.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

lol at this "comparison"

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Unfortunately "what matters to me as a voter is that my candidate of choice is not a credibly accused rapist with a decades long career defined by racist and hawkish legislation" usually causes the conversation to fizzle out before you hit that 10-20 minute mark. :shrug:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Centrist Committee posted:

lol at this "comparison"

:thunk:

But that's just regular old canvasing with extra steps.

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

cenotaph posted:

it varies but most people just compartmentalize

it's automatic and unconscious so trying to confront somebody with cognitive dissonance is a loving stupid stragegy

lol democrats

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Radirot posted:

you can be my friend.

You do have a MacPlus as your av.

PipHelix
Nov 11, 2017

Centrist Committee posted:

lol at this "comparison"

So exactly the same but 2-4 times as much of an infuriating imposition on my time, got it great love it.

Code Jockey posted:

Also we're matching donations at 420% right now!

Also, I'm sure I've said this in this thread but they can get hosed with that matching bullshit. If you have some donor who has 4 million to give away if the hogs can scrape up 1 million, you have a donor who has 5 million spare to give away. Don't put that poo poo on me, look your donor in the eye and ask him why the gently caress he isn't just giving you the funds, some of which can yea, be used to reach out and fundraise to other donors. Just the weird guilt trip of "we all need to clap hard enough to make this rich guy loosen his fist a little bit or its all over!"

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

PipHelix posted:

So exactly the same but 2-4 times as much of an infuriating imposition on my time, got it great love it.

Also, I'm sure I've said this in this thread but they can get hosed with that matching bullshit. If you have some donor who has 4 million to give away if the hogs can scrape up 1 million, you have a donor who has 5 million spare to give away. Don't put that poo poo on me, look your donor in the eye and ask him why the gently caress he isn't just giving you the funds, some of which can yea, be used to reach out and fundraise to other donors. Just the weird guilt trip of "we all need to clap hard enough to make this rich guy loosen his fist a little bit or its all over!"

Chances are they were going to donate it anyway, it's just a ploy to get the unwashed masses to give up $27 of their hard earned money, which is comparatively more valuable to a poor persona than it is to someone who can just donate 4 million to a rapist..

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

my sister in nyc is trying to help biden by mailing out non-partisan postcards to people in kentucky telling them to VOTE and also tells them that whether or not they vote is public information

i question the effectiveness of white liberals in blue states sending vaguely intimidating messages to people, but the FAQ claims that over 100 controlled experiments have proven that it 2-3 times more effective than normal GOTV messages

U-DO Burger has issued a correction as of 21:37 on Oct 15, 2020

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Normie friend posted the below, wondering if there's any proof that it's an obviously loving staged I can provide goddamn cretinous morons

quote:

I think I'm going to keep posting this until election day because it's the best reason I can think of to vote for Biden. This is a candid picture that someone took outside of a DC theater of Biden talking with a homeless man. When the man asked for money, Biden gave it to him, then went back inside to get a piece of paper to write down the number of a personal connection who could help the man. The man said he believes that Joe didn't think the man recognized him. This is what character means. What you do when you think no one is watching. Can you imagine in your wildest dreams Donald Trump doing something like this? When he was in LA, Trump complained that the homeless were hurting businesses by being unsightly in their doorways. He has no clue what compassion is. What we desperately need right now is someone with true compassion, and that person is Joe Biden.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Yeah I don't believe that for a loving second

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug

T-man posted:

Normie friend posted the below, wondering if there's any proof that it's an obviously loving staged I can provide goddamn cretinous morons

Lmao, I remembered that exact picture and story from way back when Obama was running for president. I think this is from 2012?

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

The guy who gleefully helped throw a large amount of the black population behind bars and shows no contrition for anything he's ever done all of a sudden is loving Mother Teresa when a camera's near him :thunk:

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug
Big "I once walked in the rain to get the car for my friends" energy coming off that picture.

Serf
May 5, 2011

T-man posted:

why is the villain from phantasm talking to that man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

T-man posted:

biden probably trying to set this guy up with an appointment for joy erasure