Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

A Springfieldian Film

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

My question is why is there a poster for it? Is it just a normal length episode?

I personally stopped watching the Simpsons when it, you know, became unwatchable poo poo.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Because people are bored, someone came up with an idea, and either a producer told someone to make it, or an artist came up with it and showed it around, and it was decided to share it online to create that sweet, sweet can viral content.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
if it goes on long enough i expect the simpsons to become very avant garde and nihilistic, which will probably be pretty good. unfortunately this could be ten or fifteen years away

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

scary ghost dog posted:

if it goes on long enough i expect the simpsons to become very avant garde and nihilistic, which will probably be pretty good. unfortunately this could be ten or fifteen years away

This has been happening for a while now, just not with the official product.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

scary ghost dog posted:

https://youtu.be/m78gYyTrG7Y

It is, indeed, pretty good.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

Gripweed posted:

S29E13 The 120 Rules of Springfield Elementary

After a misunderstanding leads Bart, Milhouse and Nelson to believe that they will be assigned permanent detention the next morning, they lock themselves in the school overnight and attempt to break every rule in the student handbook. Things get out of hand when they discover that Lisa and her Oubliettes & Wyverns group has also arranged a lock-in that evening. Meanwhile, Homer discovers a love for bicycle racing. Guest starring Eddy Merckx and Bernard Hinault.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

To prop up his dying presents business Santa (Mel Gibson) has become a military contractor, which comes in handy when a rich kid who got coal for Christmas hires a professional Hitman (Walter Goggins) to ice him.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Oct 8, 2020

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I never realized how many weird-rear end D-grade films stars get roped into.

Like you run through a list of releases and suddenly it's Jessica Alba, Bruce Willis and Danny Trejo in Vengeance Factor 7: The Atlantis Project

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Mel Gibson has actually been doing great stuff since he was cancelled.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Man Frozen 3 looks like they’re going on a very different direction

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained
Dont know about you guys, but I'd gently caress that robot. The red one, I mean

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

Why does that robot have child bearing hips

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Duckula posted:

Why does that robot have child bearing hips

Compare to her previous design

Gripweed fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Oct 10, 2020

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Wall-e 2 lookin cool

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Guy Goodbody strikes again.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

If you aren't excited for more Fireball, that's your loss. It's the best thing Disney has done this decade.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Gripweed posted:

If you aren't excited for more Fireball, that's your loss. It's the best thing Disney has done this decade.

I mean I have no idea what the hell that is.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Maxwell Lord posted:

I mean I have no idea what the hell that is.

It's a CGI series about a robot princess, Drossel von Flugel, and her giant robot butler, Gedachtnis, having strange and funny conversations in their castle while the forces of humanity slowly battle their way through the robot city around them.

For some reason there's very little discussion about it on the internet. All I could find on Youtube was a couple AMVs and this unsubtitled trailer for the second season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z804oJtrfu0

Gripweed fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Oct 12, 2020

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
oh poo poo, Fireball! :stare:

I remember checking that out when I was a baby weeb back in high school and thinking it was hilarious

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

What the hell is Fireball and why is it not on Disney+?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Fartington Butts posted:

What the hell is Fireball and why is it not on Disney+?

It's amazing and it's on ShoutFactoryTV for free. It's a precursor to Space: 1999 and the like, but with more of a 1950s monster movie flavor. Highly recommended if that's your thing. Shout has tons of the Gerry Anderson stuff up including Space: 1999, Thunderbirds, Supercar, Stingray, Joe90, Terrahawks, and more. All of them are incredibly cool in their own way, if a bit disconcerting before you get over the hump.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Was semi-recently unearthed as a long lost early ep of MST3K as well

https://mst3k.fandom.com/wiki/MST3K_K02_-_Revenge_of_the_Mysterons_from_Mars

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

that's captain scarlet, not fireball

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Light Gun Man posted:

Was semi-recently unearthed as a long lost early ep of MST3K as well

https://mst3k.fandom.com/wiki/MST3K_K02_-_Revenge_of_the_Mysterons_from_Mars

Holy poo poo this was found 4 years ago and I never knew!

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/nagamasa_san/status/1316425998859198465?s=19

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Movie going to be so bad.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Have you seen the trailer? It looks awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc1qwginrWU

And they have confirmed that the cat chef is in it.

Kitala
Sep 2, 2012

Not Some Opera Floozy

Monsters look good, story looks bad.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I predict it's going to be one of those movies that simultaneously feel very expensive and very cheap.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Kitala posted:

Monsters look good, story looks bad.

Do the MH games even have a story?

Kitala
Sep 2, 2012

Not Some Opera Floozy

Spazzle posted:

Do the MH games even have a story?

Technically yes. It’s about being in a village and something is happening that makes more and more elder monsters show up, and the most recent game had even more developed plot about being an exploration crew trying to determine whats going on with the elder monster migrations. I get that is not an engaging movie storyline. However, I think they could do something more creative than alternate dimension plot.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Kitala posted:

Technically yes. It’s about being in a village and something is happening that makes more and more elder monsters show up, and the most recent game had even more developed plot about being an exploration crew trying to determine whats going on with the elder monster migrations. I get that is not an engaging movie storyline. However, I think they could do something more creative than alternate dimension plot.

The word is Isekai.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Gripweed posted:

And they have confirmed that the cat chef is in it.

WHAT?! I was already gonna watch this mess, but that seals it.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Fartington Butts posted:

WHAT?! I was already gonna watch this mess, but that seals it.

According to Eurogamer,

Additionally, Meowscular Chef - Monster Hunter World's brawny Felyne canteen overseer, and, in the movie, sidekick to Ron Perlman's character Admiral - will be getting the big-screen treatment too. Anderson describes the Chef as a "fantastic character" who has a "rather flirtatious relationship" with Milla Jovovich's Captain Artemis.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

hexwren posted:

that's captain scarlet, not fireball

maybe it was the other one, then? i seem to recall there being a musical number featuring the word fireball.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The biggest complaint about the Monster Hunter movie I heard so far is that dual flaming swords are the opposite of appropriate when going against Diabolos or Rathalos, but then again maybe that's why Mila is running away from them.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Oct 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The MSJ posted:

The biggest complaint about the Monster Hunter movie I heard so far is that dual flaming swords are the opposite of appropriate when going against Diabolos or Rathalos, but then again maybe that's why Mila is running away from them.

She's probably in Demon Mode.

Although the movie having her make cool new weapons only to discover that they're the wrong element for the monster she's hunting would be a truly impressive level of faithfulness to the source material.