Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

It doesn't have the energy drink stuff or caffiene in any more, so it's just another malt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Cody Hall is not bitter at all about having gotten himself kicked out of three major Japanese companies and becoming a persona non grata

https://twitter.com/alexhammerstone/status/1316846952974151680?s=19

What exactly did he do?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

TL posted:

Maybe Teddy Hart?

Crack is a reason.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Most recently he was fired from DDT for making a lovely Coronavirus "yellow fever" joke on social media to Chris Dickinson. https://twitter.com/Zombiemastaahh/status/1226713241331458049?s=19

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Lamuella posted:

Most recently he was fired from DDT for making a lovely Coronavirus "yellow fever" joke on social media to Chris Dickinson. https://twitter.com/Zombiemastaahh/status/1226713241331458049?s=19

It’s no less lovely but that doesn’t seem to be a racist coronavirus joke, it’s that racist old “Asian women are attractive” joke.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's a twofer certainly.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Vagabundo posted:

What exactly did he do?

Dude was in the New Japan Dojo and got to be Bullet Club young lion and really just sucked until he vanished. Then turned up in NOAH and was poo poo and then a couple years he hosed off, seemingly mad that he didn't get the push he thought he deserved by being taller than Takashi Sugiura. Despite being 1/100th the wrestler of Takashi Sugiura

And then for some reason DDT gave him a chance and he did a racism. What a guy

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im surprised wwe hasnt tried to pick him up based on his size alone

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Also they love nepotism hires

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Joey McChrist posted:

cody has the size and his fathers name but absolutely zero talent or charisma

also hes a prick

Scott Hall had zero charisma until he lucked into doing a impression of Al Pacino in Scarface.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Davros1 posted:

Scott Hall had zero charisma until he lucked into doing a impression of Al Pacino in Scarface.

You weren't sold on the Diamond Studd?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

You weren't sold on the Diamond Studd?

Heh.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Davros1 posted:

This isnt really a criticism that holds weight - look at Shinsuke Nakamura, look at Daniel Bryan. Sometimes people need to feel themselves before they get "it" and previous can be charisma vacuums.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Sigh I know I've been talking to him for hours as soon as he posted this.

He's pretty ripped atm.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Apparently that combo has turned Eddy into a time traveller

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

This is unfair. Scott had his problems but comparing him to Cody is just weird. Cody was an arrogant entitled prick despite having nothing his dad had except the surname

Scott has been a piece of poo poo even after DDP saved him unfortunately

Don't follow him on twitter if you still have any respect for him

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Lid posted:

This isnt really a criticism that holds weight - look at Shinsuke Nakamura, look at Daniel Bryan. Sometimes people need to feel themselves before they get "it" and previous can be charisma vacuums.

So you're saying there's a chance for Cody Hall??!

https://twitter.com/EvilUno/status/1316884534827405314?s=20

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

explosivo posted:

Yes but they took the sugar (or something?) out of it so it didn't kill kids anymore therefore nobody bought it after the change and it mostly faded away.

they removed the caffeine and taurine

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I just saw the UpUpDownDown vs BRE, (Jessamyn Duke's video game posse) crossover youtube thing.

I would like to submit a formal application to add Shayna Bayzler to the list of Adorable Cutiepies that are scary monsters in the ring that can kick arse.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

The amount of times I've seen Cody Hall tweet something dumb at an infinitely cooler and more respected worker is nigh infinite, dude is just determined to be blacklisted from every fed. Might be the only guy from Bullet Club who did gently caress-all with his opportunity

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

https://mobile.twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/1143688432499200001
And getting absolutely dogwalked by Joey Janela that one time.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

The amount of times I've seen Cody Hall tweet something dumb at an infinitely cooler and more respected worker is nigh infinite, dude is just determined to be blacklisted from every fed. Might be the only guy from Bullet Club who did gently caress-all with his opportunity

You seem to be forgetting about both Jeff Jarrett and Bone Soldier 1. I can see not counting Jarrett though.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
DDT is a pretty loose promotion as far as who they employ/use. It's not that they keep around serial abusers or anything like that, but they definitely look past a lot of things, especially if a person is from America. You have to be spectacularly bad to get fired from DDT Pro, all he had to do was just not use Twitter and he'd probably still employed at least somewhere.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

RealFoxy posted:

DDT is a pretty loose promotion as far as who they employ/use. It's not that they keep around serial abusers or anything like that, but they definitely look past a lot of things, especially if a person is from America. You have to be spectacularly bad to get fired from DDT Pro, all he had to do was just not use Twitter and he'd probably still employed at least somewhere.

Maybe he was booked for a match that had your opponent try and stick a bottle rocket in between your buttcheeks and he wanted out of that?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jiro posted:

Maybe he was booked for a match that had your opponent try and stick a bottle rocket in between your buttcheeks and he wanted out of that?

More of an FMW thing unless your name is Kota Ibushi

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
It's really impressive to me how much Cody sucks despite all the opportunities he's had. He's been surrounded by some of the best wrestlers in the world but by sheer belief in his height and weight being the only things that matter he has shown zero improvement.

It's like he bought into all that Vanilla midget stuff his dad and Nash says without ever realising that it was just them protecting their spot from guys who were better at the job than them.

Edit: here's a tweet

https://twitter.com/SexyChuckieT/status/1317013457670164480?s=19

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

cody rhodes is one of the greatest in ring wrestlers for All Elite Wrestling

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I see that we've reached the "this guy who is massively over and keeps having great matches is actually super bad" stage of the discourse again.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Is there confusion here about which Cody is being talked about? Or am I just misreading things? The talk about the lovely Cody is regarding Cody Hall, not Cody Rhodes.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Is there confusion here about which Cody is being talked about? Or am I just misreading things? The talk about the lovely Cody is regarding Cody Hall, not Cody Rhodes.

i think the confusion was caused by one poster referencing both codys in a single tweet. the only solution i can come up with is immediate Rovert Ruling the poster and confining them to the motorcycle forum.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Jerusalem posted:

Well in that case I rescind my earlier comment, because I thought we were talking about Cody Rhodes based on that tweet.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Have you seen his tattoo though? How could a good wrestler have that?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

JOHN CENA posted:

i think the confusion was caused by one poster referencing both codys in a single tweet. the only solution i can come up with is immediate Rovert Ruling the poster and confining them to the motorcycle forum.

Typical Superman booking from John Cena, trying to banish someone to the Phantom zone.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

I'm seeing double, FOUR Codys?

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Gonzo McFee posted:

It's really impressive to me how much Cody sucks despite all the opportunities he's had. He's been surrounded by some of the best wrestlers in the world but by sheer belief in his height and weight being the only things that matter he has shown zero improvement.

It's like he bought into all that Vanilla midget stuff his dad and Nash says without ever realising that it was just them protecting their spot from guys who were better at the job than them.

just lmao at this wrong post

ok sorry its early and i forgot we were talking about cody hall and i immediately got defensive for my beautiful boy, the rollercodester

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

boxcarhobo posted:

just lmao at this wrong post

we've figured out he's talking about cody hall, i was in error

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Again, for clarity's sake :)

Gonzo McFee posted:

This is about Cody Hall!

This is about Cody Rhodes!

Also, here is another tweet:

https://twitter.com/TheDonCallis/status/1316812219066187778

Kinda bizarre at how much, well, everything has changed in the last 3 years.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

and its all cyrus's fault

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/EXP_KOSHIEN/status/1317042956050690049?s=20

The context doesn't matter, I just want to share this photo of Sugiura & NOSAWA jamming out

(It's for the 30th anniversary of a big Onita exploding ring death match except the original match was on August 4th & this is scheduled for 29th November but who is counting?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

JOHN CENA posted:

and its all cyrus's fault

Jackyl's trick.