Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Screw Team America, what about Axe, the guy who's mutant power is that he has an axe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rochallor posted:

Screw Team America, what about Axe, the guy who's mutant power is that he has an axe?

I'd rather hang out with the people who make me an awesome stunt motorcycle driver just by hanging out with them.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
drat I never knew how badly I wanted motorcycle mania to spread around Krakoa.

Xavier Life 10: "Why did life 9 fail?"

Moria Life 10: " Yeah too many mutants kept dying in motorcycle accidents. Like Jean must have died in that ball where you drive a motocycle inside of it like once a week. Just couldn't keep the five off of their bikes and eventually there was no redundancy and that was the end of mutant kind. We can't rez Team America this time."

Rick fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Oct 14, 2020

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I'm glad someone had an intervention for Rappaccini's Daughter about her hair. Its hard to be a hype man when you keep pointing the wrong way because you can only see out off one eye.

Barry the Sprout
Jan 12, 2001

Hellions was fun this week, and always good to see that (Hellions character spoiler) Empath continues to be a shitbag.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Ilyana continues to get a lot of love, and I'm not complaining. Interesting new threat set up, I wonder if it's going to tie into Moira's thing in the future, since the Phalanx's final evolution is also said to be outside of reality.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Mentioning Moira and Ilyana reminded me that while she's not a precog technically, Magick's kinda a precog, because she's got one of the rare time travel abilities that doesn't create alternate universes.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Hellions was very good. Just the right amount of dark humor, good character writing, all the while using better Excalibur's own set pieces. I'm giddy, waiting for things to go badly for most of those characters on next issue.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I feel like there's something fucky going on with Scott and Jean now, but I also have a feeling that if I'm right, this is going to be one of those long running things brewing in the background that will only erupt way later on.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Gologle posted:

I feel like there's something fucky going on with Scott and Jean now, but I also have a feeling that if I'm right, this is going to be one of those long running things brewing in the background that will only erupt way later on.

Oh the thing where everyone is smiling while communicating telepathically so their son couldn't hear seemed suspicious to you?

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
X-Force was also very nice this week. I love Doug Ramsey and this was a good issue for him. I guess it walks back a little bit of his "well, I can fight really well because fighting is a language" business but I'm ok with that.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Skwirl posted:

Mentioning Moira and Ilyana reminded me that while she's not a precog technically, Magick's kinda a precog, because she's got one of the rare time travel abilities that doesn't create alternate universes.

Well the rule is 'No Precogs' plural.

Isn't she not really human anyway? I thought the deal with her resurrection was she's the shard of soul that was merged with a demon and stayed in limbo then forged a new body out of chaos stuff?

radlum
May 13, 2013

Saoshyant posted:

Hellions was very good. Just the right amount of dark humor, good character writing, all the while using better Excalibur's own set pieces. I'm giddy, waiting for things to go badly for most of those characters on next issue.

I liked Hellions for the characters, though I don't expect their mission to do much.

New Mutants was good, though now I'm 100% sure that Doug is gonna die and that makes me sad.

Cable was OK; didn't enjoy it as much as previous issues.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Gologle posted:

Maybe, maybe not. It seemed they had everything in hand plus, you know, they didn't die. But not showing the end of what happened after Cable pulled the sword out is suspicious.

We'll probably find out more when SWORD comes out. But Scott and Magik's communication was coded anyway, and I think that's more of a straightforward thing where Scott has a plan to help the swordbearers.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

Maybe, maybe not. It seemed they had everything in hand plus, you know, they didn't die. But not showing the end of what happened after Cable pulled the sword out is suspicious.

We'll probably find out more when SWORD comes out. But Scott and Magik's communication was coded anyway, and I think that's more of a straightforward thing where Scott has a plan to help the swordbearers.

Scott always has a plan.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

How Wonderful! posted:

X-Force was also very nice this week. I love Doug Ramsey and this was a good issue for him. I guess it walks back a little bit of his "well, I can fight really well because fighting is a language" business but I'm ok with that.

You mean New Mutants? My take from what the story was about is that eventually Doug can learn to read how to fight someone, like he did after a bunch of bouts with Illyanna. But that he has no chance against other opponents who aren't just sparring and thus won't give him the time to get a read/learn how to fight them. He's doomed. And he's still going anyway.

Also, I appreciate that this issue is the first time in the new era that Exodus did something relevant and in-character other than just telling stories to kids and verbally abuse Sinister.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Skwirl posted:

Scott always has a plan.

Step 1. Find someone who looks just like my dead girlfriend.
Step 2. Marry her.
Step 3. ...

Step 67. Success! Just how I planned it!

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

danbanana posted:

Step 1. Find someone who looks just like my dead girlfriend.
Step 2. Marry her.
Step 3. ...

Step 67. Success! Just how I planned it!

I mean, he's barbecuing for his future-kids and his space-wife and her boyfriend in a garden on the moon, with occasional bouts of Philly cheesesteak.

Dude is doing something right.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

I mean, he's barbecuing for his future-kids and his space-wife and her boyfriend on the moon, with occasional bouts of Philly cheesesteak.

Dude is doing something right.

One of those kids- his baby with the clone-wife he abandoned- got sick and had to be sent into the future to get cured. The other is from a dystopian future where his people are in concentration camps because- in part- his "plans" failed. As a parent myself, I would not have these things planned out for my kids, as they are extremely volatile situations that could have gone horribly wrong.

Or to put it another way: judging decisions by their results is not good.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Scott's pretty well defined by his current position on Krakoa: they appreciate his talents as a field leader, but they're sure as gently caress not gonna let him make big picture decisions anymore.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

Saoshyant posted:

You mean New Mutants? My take from what the story was about is that eventually Doug can learn to read how to fight someone, like he did after a bunch of bouts with Illyanna. But that he has no chance against other opponents who aren't just sparring and thus won't give him the time to get a read/learn how to fight them. He's doomed. And he's still going anyway.

Also, I appreciate that this issue is the first time in the new era that Exodus did something relevant and in-character other than just telling stories to kids and verbally abuse Sinister.

Yeah, oops. My brain got caught in 1991 I guess. I also really liked the scene with Exodus. It felt kind of logical from a certain perspective but still deeply unsettling, which is kind of where I like his character to land.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010
I am confident Doug isn't going to die just because of how big a to do has been made of it. I'm kind of expecting him and Krakoa or Krakoa and Warlock to become a gestalt entity so that Krakoa can compensate for Doug's shortcomings as a fighter with raw power while not cheating the rules.

That or some good ol' remote piloting through psychic links.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

Doug has been one of my favorite mutant characters for decades so I do hope that whether he lives or dies the outcome is interesting and satisfying. I really like how the current status quo has found a really rich way to utilize his skillset.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

hcreight posted:

Scott's pretty well defined by his current position on Krakoa: they appreciate his talents as a field leader, but they're sure as gently caress not gonna let him make big picture decisions anymore.

Scott said he didn't want to be on the council. Plus when it comes to them being at war, he gets to make all the decisions. He's probably got the best position of anyone besides the five.

Also thinking about it, Saturnyne wanted them to find the Peak. She made Rachel and Cable set the image. So my thoughts are she wanted them to use the same way the virus travels to get to Otherworld.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I wonder if Empath is going to die and be brought back like Rockslide to facilitate possibly having some kind of redemption for him. Because he's awful and irredeemable, but if he's just like 1000 alternate reality Empaths and most of them are good then that's fine, I guess.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Empath is resurrected from the alternate universe where he was a purple-haired female Asian assassin.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

Oh the thing where everyone is smiling while communicating telepathically so their son couldn't hear seemed suspicious to you?

well, maybe if he practiced...

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

gently caress, this was a good week of X-Men books.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

rantmo posted:

gently caress, this was a good week of X-Men books.

Yeah every one of these was better then another fetch quest, which is what I assumed was all we'd be be getting till the sword based advent calendar is complete.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Yeah uh Hellions is the book I never knew I needed. A real breath of fresh air after the dourness of Wolverine/X-Force

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

Yeah, but that is a bit of a walkback from how Doug came back in Necrosha. He was really good at fighting, because he could instantly read their body language to fight them. He singlehandedly took down the rest of the new mutants easily. I think it wasn't that interesting the way it appeared in Necrosha however. I'm much more interested in how a person who's power is communication feels out of place in the violent world of superhero comics.

hope and vaseline posted:

Yeah uh Hellions is the book I never knew I needed. A real breath of fresh air after the dourness of Wolverine/X-Force
I agree. Greycrow is a character I am really rooting for, I want him to find happiness on Krakoa and to murder Empath repeatedly. Considering I only knew him as part of Mutant Massacre before, it is surprising how much I like him.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I like that Nanny and Orphan-Maker are both excited to be heroes but don't really get what that concept is. Though Nanny threatening to get Sinister for all the poo poo he's done is great. And yeah, Greycrow is the breakout character so far.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I don't like that they made Mister Sinister really hot.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

JordanKai posted:

I don't like that they made Mister Sinister really hot.

He's been hot since at least when Gillen was on Uncanny in 2013.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Wells writes a really good Gillen-style Sinister.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

rantmo posted:

Wells writes a really good Gillen-style Sinister.

Yeah, it's been a real delight.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

radlum posted:

I liked Hellions for the characters, though I don't expect their mission to do much.
Wouldn't be much of a fuckin' event if the side story in Hellions pre-empted the big event from happening, but it'd be HILARIOUS if it did and then there were just 10 issues of baseball games, beach parties, hanging out at the Krakoa bar, etc and also Real Rockslide is brought back to life because of reasons and also I am there and all the girls like me especially Laura who comes out of the place she's been for subjectively several millennia and is not traumatized at all by it.

Whoa, sorry, I think I fugued out for a minute.
I haven't been reading Hellions because I wasn't interested in it at all but... I do really like sassy Sinister. Do the previous issues have enough of him to make going back for them worth it? Haha, when he just grabs a rando off the street and says "I usually wear a cape, if you're wondering!"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Diet Poison posted:

Wouldn't be much of a fuckin' event if the side story in Hellions pre-empted the big event from happening, but it'd be HILARIOUS if it did and then there were just 10 issues of baseball games, beach parties, hanging out at the Krakoa bar, etc and also Real Rockslide is brought back to life because of reasons and also I am there and all the girls like me especially Laura who comes out of the place she's been for subjectively several millennia and is not traumatized at all by it.

Whoa, sorry, I think I fugued out for a minute.
I haven't been reading Hellions because I wasn't interested in it at all but... I do really like sassy Sinister. Do the previous issues have enough of him to make going back for them worth it? Haha, when he just grabs a rando off the street and says "I usually wear a cape, if you're wondering!"

He's in this issue a lot more than previous ones, he's in the first issue a bit then the next three are the Hellions off on a mission and have very little Sinister (maybe none in one or two), but the book as a whole has been really good.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Diet Poison posted:

I would unironically love a book that's just the Krakoa Softball League.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Dawgstar posted:

I would unironically love a book that's just the Krakoa Softball League.

MARVEL DO A SPORTS-MANGA-STYLE X BOOK YOU COWARDS