Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

All I wanna know is what happun to Brennan Williams after getting Brock Lesnar'd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Pat. Pat. I guess you never watched power rangers.

https://twitter.com/PeachSaliva/status/1315790594149675008?s=20

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Grouchio posted:

All I wanna know is what happun to Brennan Williams after getting Brock Lesnar'd

he's on raw as a part of a new antifa faction designed to destroy the wwe because they're jealous of people getting paid for being good wrestlers

he wears a mask and his new name is mace

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Smoking Crow posted:

he's on raw as a part of a new antifa faction designed to destroy the wwe because they're jealous of people getting paid for being good wrestlers

he wears a mask and his new name is mace

they also have contracts and were drafted last night.

but yes his name is MACE

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

the other people in this faction are named slapjack, t-bar and reckoning

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

drat they were this close to having a wrestler named flapjack with a pancake gimmick

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

ItohRespectArmy posted:

his name is MACE

...the Dark Age?

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

So I tried listening to CSB after taking a break, and is it just me or does Woolie sound miserable these days? It felt like half the podcast was him interrupting Pat to railroad towards the next FGC thing, and the rest was heavy sighs and rambling, incoherent variations on 'Yeah, so, uh, you know what I mean, anyway *sigh*". It bums me out, especially since the pre-breakup podcast had a really wonderful blend of neurotic ticks, bizarre tangents, and genuinely interesting takes that I haven't really found an equivalent for.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
He spends 5 hours a week talking to pat who is 80 percent of time trying to be disingenuous

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
It also doesnt help that Pat is a Tremendous Windbag when it comes to topics he's interested in the minuscule minutiae of and how he struggles with certain things that big him,, which is great when it's a topic that's interesting, but when there's no Matt to cut through and Woolie has the patience of a saint but I can see how woolie has to suffer through a 1 hour monologue about Baldurs gate 3 and struggle to keep up interest.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Oct 14, 2020

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Oh no 1 hour of a notable video game release, what a horror. Need more time to talk about street fighter hitboxes.

E: also woolie was literally taking an active part in the BG3 talk so

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Oct 14, 2020

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
hell even the podcast upload video is woolie talking about BG3

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture

The mummies as fuel thing is of course a myth based on a joke by mark twain because egypt doesn't have many trees. Not that we didn't treat everything we found in egypt like poo poo, mummified egyptian animals did get ground up for fertilizer and human mummies were taken apart to entertain folks back home. I should also listen to the rest of the podcast.

Wallrod fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Oct 14, 2020

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Rody One Half posted:

Oh no 1 hour of a notable video game release, what a horror. Need more time to talk about street fighter hitboxes.

Also definitely rollback, I've heard of it but I'm not sure what it is - I wish they'd explain.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

gschmidl posted:

Also definitely rollback, I've heard of it but I'm not sure what it is - I wish they'd explain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jb0FOcImdg

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

He was acting really defensive about his personal opinions, even when Pat was just making the lightest jokes about them possible. Like him joking about how he should like Reptile simply because he's green, or saying that Woolie's mad at Anji Mito because Baiken is being paired with him instead of Woolie himself. He also seemed 100 percent serious when he went into a rant about how "Echo Fighters are stealing slots", which if true he needs to gently caress off with that poo poo. That false mindset is what leads to idiots harassing Sakurai with poo poo like "How dare you put Dark Pit in this game and not Travis?!" en masse.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
"stealing slots" has never been a real loving thing and it's only the most FGC-poisoned brains who can think of it as one

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

gschmidl posted:

if you don't want to watch an hour long video here's one that's 8 minutes and is good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NLe4IpdS1w

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Kay Kessler posted:

"How dare you put Dark Pit in this game and not Travis?!"

A correct thought though.

Also stealing slots is real, see: Blanka in SFV

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Hypocrisy to replace a bow user for yet another anime swordsman

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Yardbomb posted:

remember when sf3 came out and people on usenet complained that the entire roster stole the sf2 cast's roster spot

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Smoking Crow posted:

remember when sf3 came out and people on usenet complained that the entire roster stole the sf2 cast's roster spot

Yeah but those people sucked, Blanka begone.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Smoking Crow posted:

if you don't want to watch an hour long video here's one that's 8 minutes and is good

Now I feel bad about a lovely joke about the 6 times in a row they talked about rollback for an hour.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Oh my god this Later Alligator game Woolie is playing is adorable (and really funny.)

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tae posted:

Hypocrisy to replace a bow user for yet another anime swordsman

Me when people cheered for Cloud getting added when I wanted Viewtiful Joe

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

His inability to remember Beast Wars is even more offensive.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I never thought Power Rangers were cool, even as a first grader. :colbert:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Grouchio posted:

I never thought Power Rangers were cool, even as a first grader. :colbert:

don't worry, you'll make it to second grade eventually

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Does anyone think that Woolie and Little V sound a bit burnt out on Halo 3 ODST? It was a lot more fun when Little V was curating Woolie's run through the other Halo games but since he hasn't played ODST very much he doesn't have the same passion for it. I'm also a little bummed that they aren't hunting down the audio logs considering how the Halo 2 logs led to Woolie's incredible "IT'S A BIBBLE GAME!" realization.

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

Halo 1-3 are full of hype moments and while odst isn’t bad it’s very... I dunno, plain compared to the others? It added cool stuff to multi but it’s really obvious the single player was always meant to just be an expansion so I don’t blame Woolie for being kind of lukewarm.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Oxyclean posted:

Oh my god this Later Alligator game Woolie is playing is adorable (and really funny.)

i know it's very short but it's a crime how little recognition it ultimately received, this thing deserved to be an undertale-tier darling

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Reaverbot posted:

Halo 1-3 are full of hype moments and while odst isn’t bad it’s very... I dunno, plain compared to the others? It added cool stuff to multi but it’s really obvious the single player was always meant to just be an expansion so I don’t blame Woolie for being kind of lukewarm.

He also apparently had a whole bunch of tech issues and had to replay the first chunk of the game solo on heroic on XB1, so I wouldn't be surprised if that poisoned the experience a little.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Yardbomb posted:

It totally isn't though. The absence of a character does not by necessity mean the inclusion of another character. "I can't believe they gave x's slot to y" is operating under the assumption character x ever had a chance of getting in to begin with.

Takes like "TRAVIS TOUCHDOWN WAS SNUBBED IN FAVOR OF STEVE" requires you to have this massively enclosed bubble view of a world where a character from a wildly niche third party M-rated game franchise that essentially only barely sells enough copies to keep going every game was a shoo-in for a Smash roster spot if it wasn't for that dastardly kiddie game Minecraft.

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Oct 16, 2020

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Blockhouse posted:

It totally isn't though. The absence of a character does not by necessity mean the inclusion of another character. "I can't believe they gave x's slot to y" is operating under the assumption character x ever had a chance of getting in to begin with.

you know skullgirls literally did that with donation drives to get certain characters in the game

it's not just for characters, devs even do the "if you buy our other game, we might make the game you like!!"

remember when the persona 4 arena director said that if people buy enough cross tag dlc atlus might let them make persona 5 arena

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

it doesn't happen all the time, but beowulf legitimately did take annie or umbrella's spot

praise be annie is back tho

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Smoking Crow posted:

it doesn't happen all the time, but beowulf legitimately did take annie or umbrella's spot

True but there's a difference between a forward facing public vote and internal development decisions.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

L-block would totally have gotten in if Steve didn't steal the spot!

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

the p4a director saying that you have to buy all the new cross tag dlc to get a sequel to the game you like is loving insidious

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Smoking Crow posted:

the p4a director saying that you have to buy all the new cross tag dlc to get a sequel to the game you like is loving insidious

yeah but that's also not uncommon in like every genre in the industry

Travis Strikes Again was basically a plea for No More Heroes 3 funding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Smoking Crow posted:

Panzerfaust’s spot, excuse you.