Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

The freedom of speech grift is all performative and just marketing - Rogan probably doesn't give a gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Slotducks posted:

The freedom of speech grift is all performative and just marketing - Rogan probably doesn't give a gently caress
I loved listening to him jerk off to free speech with Jordan Peterson, then go "you shouldn't be able to say that stuff!" when, not long after, he had on ex-Westboro Baptist Church member Megan Phelps-Roper.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

https://mobile.twitter.com/brendaschwaub/status/1307951236780568577

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
gently caress Diaz too but it is hilarious seeing Rogan get on Spotify, say something dumb and then immediately have to put out an apology.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Lol god drat, Joey truly gives zero fucks

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

yeah, old shitheads rarely do

deep space nein
Aug 25, 2011

XIII posted:

yeah, old shitheads rarely do

Sir, are you trying to tell me that an ex-addict drug dealer and a bunch of other stuff isn't a good person?? :monocle:

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'm the person that really gives a gently caress whether dummy Joe Rogan is "censored". In a better world, he wouldn't have any platform at all and would do something useful to society instead.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I hope he has Joey Diaz on 5 times in a row to spite people like you.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

deep space nein posted:

Sir, are you trying to tell me that an ex-addict drug dealer and a bunch of other stuff isn't a good person?? :monocle:

He only went to jail for armed robbery. Jeez.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Joey Diaz's greatest crime was being as unfunny as he is.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I love that story where Joey eats too many edibles and then devours as family sized bag of pirates booty.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

XIII posted:

Joey Diaz's greatest crime was being as unfunny as he is.

Oh come on, you're telling me you've never chuckled at his stories?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd3KkNKaIzM

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

toggle posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4WvTCemyRo

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
I feel like Doug Stanhope’s story about Joey “Jingles” Diaz stealing laundry coins from him kinda sums him up to me, and I trust Stanhope’s side of the story way more than I could ever trust Jingles.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

deep space nein posted:

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

toggle posted:

Honestly, no. And I'm not trying to be That Guy or anything, I just genuinely don't like him and don't understand why everyone else is so over the moon about him. I've tried to like him, hell, I WANTED to, but I just cannot stand listening to him. I've never seen him do standup (which I'd be down to do if comedy clubs are ever really a thing again), so I'm just talking about him as a podcast guest/host.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Joey's the kinda guy I can take in small doses. Like, the Pirates Booty and Changing Flavours stories are funny, but I don't wanna sit for an hour and listen to him try and tell six different stories that all go nowhere.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Sep 25, 2020

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I can listen to Joey Diaz ramble on for about the same length I can listen to ten hours of Bill Burr ranting about poo poo. Superb background noise.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

XIII posted:

I just cannot stand listening to him.

That's fair enough.

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Joey's the kinda guy I can take in small doses. Like, the Pirates Booty and Changing Flavours stories are funny, but I don't wanna sit for an hour and listen to him try and tell six different stories that all go nowhere.

I'm the same, he has more misses than hits. But those classic stories still make me laugh just thinking about them.

Grouchio posted:

I can listen to Joey Diaz ramble on for about the same length I can listen to ten hours of Bill Burr ranting about poo poo. Superb background noise.

I'm sure someone will make one of those '5hr music for study' youtube videos, but it's just Joey's wet phlegm coughs and stories of him eating smelly poon.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

I gave up on Joe a few months ago but I am very happy he introduced me to YMH.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYofrxaVgrQ

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I hope cum town comes to spotify just to see how many heads explode

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Maybe I'm the only one here, but I do like the ongoing series of podcasts Joey Diaz doing with Ryan Sickler. It's chronological, Ryan keeps him on task and Joey doesn't get stoned and incoherent.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Yeah but if you've heard one podcast or one standup set from Joey Diaz then you have heard everything he has ever said. Same three jokes over and over, the novelty drops off fast. If you're really high all the time that might actually be awesome, you wont remember what he said last time then it's like fresh new comedian every day.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Pryor on Fire posted:

If you're really high all the time that might actually be awesome,

Wait, there are people who aren’t really high all the time!? :aaa:

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

hot sauce posted:

Wait, there are people who aren’t really high all the time!? :aaa:

Not everyone lives here in CO

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Does anybody have the mp3 where somebody edited out Redban and compiled like the first 40 or so episodes of the podcast?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I'm glad Joe Rogan never podcasted with Kanye or had Biden vs Trump this year.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Tim Dillon is the best thing to come out of this show in a long time.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

always be closing posted:

Tim Dillon is the best thing to come out of this show in a long time.
Do tell, do explain

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Tim Dillon is a partisan moron that believes in too many dumb conspiracy theories.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

Tim Dillon is hilarious if you've never experienced a loud blowhard conservative ever before in your life.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Well he was formed by neglectful mentally ill parents, drugs, and NYC talk radio. He’s no tig naruto I’ll give ya that.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Tim Dillion is a real good guest.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Well, if you're interested in the latest Killary Clinton conspiracy theories and why Trump is a secret defender of democracy, maybe.

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks
Joe being annoyed he got heat for being an idiot that can't spot an obvious fake dumbell, then having to check with 2 experts to make sure it's fake, then explaining he doesn't understand heavy lifting as he only does "functional movements" is pure Joe Rogan experience.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

His bullshit detector is perma fried from the copious amounts of elk meat and weed he's been consuming

sweet_jones
Jan 1, 2007

...and on that note, Kanye.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Jamie got the crow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

toggle posted:

Jamie got the crow?

He did and its shut down the shows for now, including that Kanye one (which he was designing the set for?).