Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Boco_T posted:

The new MangaPlus detective series Ron Kamonohashi: Deranged Detective has quite a good first chapter.
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/titles/100119

Not sure why the guy robbing and killing the rich is a villain, but it was a good chapter! Looking forward to seeing where it goea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Its a sherlock holmes type manga with a twist.
Its not immediately 100% copaganda but well see.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Its a sherlock holmes type manga with a twist.
Its not immediately 100% copaganda but well see.

He has a "condition" that makes all the criminals he catches conveniently kill themselves, so there's already a whiff of copaganda about that.

At least it can't be any worse than loving Hardboiled Cop and Dolphin.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Latest chapter of Jujutsu Kaisen. :negative:

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Man I want that bike from roboco

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Fabricated posted:

Do not like, the main 3 characters right now are 2 guys and a girl, if anyone should be dying it should be dog guy.

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Oct 11, 2020

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Fabricated posted:

Can somebody please just kill Mahito?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Brought To You By posted:

To be fair he's the only mega-dangerous special grade curse left. Dagon, the plant guy, and Jogou all got waxed. The cursed fetus guy is pretty clearly not on the level of Jogou/Mahito/etc, and all of the mook-tier sorcerers are dead I think now.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Asumi ending arc of WNL was fun, and probably the second best after Uruka.

But it's loving time.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Fabricated posted:

To be fair he's the only mega-dangerous special grade curse left. Dagon, the plant guy, and Jogou all got waxed. The cursed fetus guy is pretty clearly not on the level of Jogou/Mahito/etc, and all of the mook-tier sorcerers are dead I think now.

We still have the brain person in Getou's body and Sukuna just existing. I really just want Mahito to bite it, he's killed relatively fewer characters but man has he only killed named characters I liked.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
What is Roboco referencing when she's grabbing the air while saying "more like this?" I swear I should recognize it and it's driving me crazy.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Jujutsu question: Can't Sukuna heal Nobara? Didn't he do that for megumi at one point? Give me eye patch Nobara or riot

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Jerkface posted:

Jujutsu question: Can't Sukuna heal Nobara? Didn't he do that for megumi at one point? Give me eye patch Nobara or riot
Sukuna knows reversal sorcery, and the school specifically has someone who can do it too (the goofy doctor lady who wanted to dissect Yuji after he died the first time- Gojo also figured out reversal sorcery on the verge of death from her describing it once). Sukuna never healed Megumi, he just spared him and made sure he wasn't in range of his domain a handful of chapters ago- which given how he casually murders literally everyone within arms reach of him when he's out is interesting.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

Fabricated posted:

ok I know this looks bad, but her head didn't fully explode... there's a chance she survives this with a badass eyepatch & scar, right? :pray:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Sindai posted:

What is Roboco referencing when she's grabbing the air while saying "more like this?" I swear I should recognize it and it's driving me crazy.

Its her "push people into the ground" technique. Shes improving.

Fabricated posted:

Sukuna knows reversal sorcery, and the school specifically has someone who can do it too (the goofy doctor lady who wanted to dissect Yuji after he died the first time- Gojo also figured out reversal sorcery on the verge of death from her describing it once). Sukuna never healed Megumi, he just spared him and made sure he wasn't in range of his domain a handful of chapters ago- which given how he casually murders literally everyone within arms reach of him when he's out is interesting.

Sukuna seemingly has plans for Megumi, so he wants him alive.
Now
Will someone please kill mahito.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Jerkface posted:

I don't think people can use reverse curse power to heal the wounds Mahito inflicts because they harm the soul directly.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Fabricated posted:

It's funny. I thought I was jaded because of Chainsawman but I was just shouting "Noooooooo".

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Fabricated posted:

It's kind of funny that Jogo got beaten down like he did. Considering that he was the most powerful of the Disaster Curses and probably the second most powerful Curse we have seen after Sukuna. (Considering he was considered to be almost half as strong as a full powered Sukuna.)

Like Mahito at the start was considered to be about half as strong as Jogo.

Still from Jogo's final moments they implied that the Disaster Curses will return in someway if Mahito does something.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Oct 11, 2020

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Been reading Shaman King and while I like it as a whole one thing that is super gross that keeps coming up is Ryu's attraction to "younger" girls aka children while he's a grown rear end man.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Dexo posted:

Asumi ending arc of WNL was fun, and probably the second best after Uruka.

But it's loving time.

Hell yeah time for the best ending arc let's go.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I really wonder what's going to happen after the Sensei ending. I assume we get one final chapter, but all I can think it could be is one last goofy chapter of everyone back in high school.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Ethiser posted:

I really wonder what's going to happen after the Sensei ending. I assume we get one final chapter, but all I can think it could be is one last goofy chapter of everyone back in high school.

If he doesn't do the classic VN either Bad end, or Harem end I don't even know what the point is.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/me-and-roboco-chapter-13/chapter/21404?action=read

Don't get between Mash and his creampuff
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/mashle-chapter-34/chapter/21402?action=read

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Spoilers for Jujutsu Kaisen are out aaaaand Nobara is alive but unconscious. And obviously she lost her left eye.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/me-and-roboco-chapter-14/chapter/21429?action=read

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/mashle-chapter-35/chapter/21428?action=read

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
My JJK review:
MAhito needs to die already.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

i flunked out posted:

My JJK review:
MAhito needs to die already.

I'm worried for Todo because literally everyone Yuji could possibly care about are making a conga line to Mahito. And as much as I trust the best brother his presence here puts a solid death flag on him. Doubly so because I believe his mentor is currently a brain inside Geto's body so using him for the surprise reveal seems appropriate.
But hey, reinforcements have arrived so maybe Mahito will in fact die?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Magu was surprisingly sweet this week. Magu and Roboco are probably the first gag manga in Jump I've liked for a while. Agravity Boys kinda bounces off me a bit.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
mangaplus

Mashed is very good.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

I'm worried for Todo because literally everyone Yuji could possibly care about are making a conga line to Mahito. And as much as I trust the best brother his presence here puts a solid death flag on him. Doubly so because I believe his mentor is currently a brain inside Geto's body so using him for the surprise reveal seems appropriate.

Well in this very specific instance the right guy is there, as the swap places power is pretty useful when you're facing someone you don't want to touch you. Especially if he can swap with someone who is immune to the touch powers. Please just let this be the end of this fight :( The beginning part of the chapter with Gojo's shirt was so good. Let them all survive !!

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
This week's Roboco had probably my favourite Hunter x Hunter reference yet. I hope this manga gets 500 more chapters.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Fabricated posted:

Magu was surprisingly sweet this week. Magu and Roboco are probably the first gag manga in Jump I've liked for a while. Agravity Boys kinda bounces off me a bit.

Yeah Magu is really settling into its place as a wholesome gag manga, it doesn't make me laugh like Roboco and Agravity Boys do, but it always makes me smile. I hope it sticks around! High School Family is pretty forgettable though. I chuckled at this week's chapter where protag was helping the cat do situps but I legit think that's the only time I've laughed the entire time so far.

I'm not sure on Phantom Seer, it's got some charm to it but overall is a bit bland. Some posters here disliked that the woman protagonist didn't have any agency, but it seems like that may have been intentional setup for what this chapter introduced. I'll keep en eye on it but it wouldn't surprise me if it doesn't last longer than another ten or so chapters.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Funny how We Never Learn continues to be completely obsessed with Kirisu's butt.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Rohan Kishibe posted:

This week's Roboco had probably my favourite Hunter x Hunter reference yet. I hope this manga gets 500 more chapters.
I wish he would stop reminding me that HxH still hasn't come back yet. But yeah, great reference

Jerkface posted:

Well in this very specific instance the right guy is there, as the swap places power is pretty useful when you're facing someone you don't want to touch you. Especially if he can swap with someone who is immune to the touch powers. Please just let this be the end of this fight :( The beginning part of the chapter with Gojo's shirt was so good. Let them all survive !!

I could be pessimistic and say that Nobara also provided a hard counter to Mahito and it didn't work out for her. But I don't actually want Todo to eat it hence why I think his potential mentor being apart of this whole event is the real reason he's making his appearance.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

muscles like this! posted:

Funny how We Never Learn continues to be completely obsessed with Kirisu's butt.

Good.

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010

I could be pessimistic and say that Nobara also provided a hard counter to Mahito and it didn't work out for her. But I don't actually want Todo to eat it hence why I think his potential mentor being apart of this whole event is the real reason he's making his appearance.

She was only a hard counter to Mahito's clone, she had no special advantages against Mahito himself.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

considering that guy mentioned treating kugisaki and said she's only "probably" dead, I think there's a good chance she's alive and makes it through this

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A little worried that Moriking might be heading to a cancellation with the rush to endgame. I think the series is fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

muscles like this! posted:

A little worried that Moriking might be heading to a cancellation with the rush to endgame. I think the series is fun.

Moriking always gets a sensible chuckle out of me, but it's definitely on its way out.

Jujutsu Kaisen:

Manatee Cannon posted:

considering that guy mentioned treating kugisaki and said she's only "probably" dead, I think there's a good chance she's alive and makes it through this

I believe in Eyepatch Nobara.