Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I don't think cops/governments have ever cared about the crowdsourced info or radio broadcasts warning of speed traps because they get people to not speed, which is the goal (revenue aside).

I presume they have different feelings on radar detectors because they only help the individual driver, and potentially may make the driver feel they're able to speed more than they usually would because they have a tool that will tell them when they can't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

"That's why I put up with it."
Either way they're slowing down for something, and it's not like signposted cameras and detectors don't lead to people doing the same 'speed until i know i shouldn't' routine anyway. EDIT: The alternative is "they don't know the radar is ahead and continue speeding" is what I mean here, and is contrary to the point of wanting people to slow down.

More importantly did you know you can get a Centrelink demerit point for not 'signing' a form on a seperate website within 24 hours of it appearing on said website with no notifications? Because THAT'S fun.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Drone strike anyone going over 40km/h

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

The Victorian opposition leader has a piece on the Age outlining his alternate strategy:

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/victoria/there-is-a-genuine-alternative-to-the-andrews-road-map-20201015-p565ek.html

quote:

As a proud and parochial Victorian, it pains me to admit it but looking to New South Wales gives proof of how a state can open safely and sensibly without having eliminated COVID-19. In July and August this year, NSW averaged more than 10 new infections a day. Yet their schools stayed open to all. Their small businesses continued to operate. Their families and friends were not kept apart.

In the absence of a vaccine, learning to live with this virus is essential. The alternative is to lock down our lives indefinitely, with all of the pain, suicide, mental and emotional anguish and financial ruin that comes with it. The Liberal Nationals have put forward an alternative road map – a realistic road map – to safely and sensibly reopen Victoria. Not open slather or laissez faire. But more open. More fair.

Only New South Wales and Victoria exist. Other states do not exist. Other alternatives do not exist.

PalaNIN
Sep 19, 2004

LRLRRRLLRRLRLRLRRLRLR

freebooter posted:

The Victorian opposition leader has a piece on the Age outlining his alternate strategy:

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/victoria/there-is-a-genuine-alternative-to-the-andrews-road-map-20201015-p565ek.html

Only New South Wales and Victoria exist. Other states do not exist. Other alternatives do not exist.

The article also fails to show the comparisons re any of the points that the health team mentioned over the last few days when quizzed about the NSW-VIC comparison. Difference in total mystery cases during the pandemic, difference in total current active cases (VIC around 4-5x that of NSW), etc.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
Comparing Victoria to other states at all is boring and not helpful.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

My comparison of VIC to other states:
It is further south than NSW on average.
It is further north than TAS in total.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Solemn Sloth posted:

Drone strike anyone parking in a slipway

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Amoeba102 posted:

My comparison of VIC to other states:
It is further south than NSW on average.
It is further north than TAS in total.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

AFP to investigate the 30M land grift for the second airport. No other details but there is a story saying this on ABC. Will something come of this?

Fakedit: Theyll arrest someone for releasing the cost and value of the sale.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

freebooter posted:

Isn't this basically what most of them believe by default

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Isn't this basically what most of them believe by default

vic and nsw are 60% of the population so majority rules.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Amoeba102 posted:

AFP to investigate the 30M land grift for the second airport. No other details but there is a story saying this on ABC. Will something come of this?

Fakedit: Theyll arrest someone for releasing the cost and value of the sale.

Yeah the AFP will be raiding journos again.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Kiwis detained for getting a plane to melbourne.

I assume they're new zealanders who live in melbourne but were in NZ the past few months.

https://twitter.com/bridgerollo/status/1317005864432144384

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

gently caress off we're full of rona

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
chaz: gently caress off, we're full

wazza: fully sick mate

chaz: eyyy

wazza: eyyyyy

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
the idea of hordes of new zealanders fleeing their corona-free hellhole and smashing through the borders to melbourne so they can sit inside and gripe online about lockdowns fills me with existential, patriotic dread. the horror of it. the nerve. there's nothing we can do except continue work on the domestic dystopia project and hope to god that it eventually clicks

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Sulla Faex posted:

chaz: gently caress off, we're full

wazza: fully sick mate

chaz: eyyy

wazza: eyyyyy

Wish they’d put a firewall around those kiwis

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

scoff.gif at the idea of invading New Zealand leaners.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

https://twitter.com/VicGovDHHS/status/1317216609564590082?s=20

Honestly the best news I've had in months

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Extremely cool

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I have to try not to get optimistic even though that number is good. I really want to see my family again. I hate zoom

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
now don't gently caress it up by having a doorknob licking party, ok?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Knobbs are cool and good imo.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Knobb Manwich posted:

Knobbs are cool and good imo.

Yeah?

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

don't do it

RC Bandit
Sep 7, 2012

Hanson: It's Time

Grimey Drawer
You can't tell me to not lick my own knobb!

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Guardian AU posted:

Three federal infrastructure department officials and federal MP Angus Taylor separately met with Louise Waterhouse while she lobbied for potentially lucrative changes to her vast landholdings near the Western Sydney airport.
The department would not say whether it brought probity advisers into the meeting, a common practice when discussing planning matters with individuals who stood to gain from them.

Hey wow, that obviously wildly corrupt thing, turns out to have been wildly corrupt.

EDIT: Linky-doodle-doo https://www.theguardian.com/austral...-sydney-airport

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

GoldStandardConure posted:

now don't gently caress it up by having a doorknob licking party, ok?

kirbysuperstar fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Oct 17, 2020

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

that's a door handle, and its being bitten, so under the dandrews lockdown laws it is ok.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Scummo looking bright and fresh:
https://twitter.com/tiny_watermelon/status/1316953005179195392?s=21

Not seeing any valid excuses for skipping the national cabinet meeting:
https://twitter.com/qldaah/status/1316928283599163393?s=21

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
This is your quadrennial token post about the ACT Election. You may now resume going about your day.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

This is your quadrennial token post about the ACT Election. You may now resume going about your day.

I was just watching ABC24 for a few minutes. Didn't realise the ACT had multiple member seats, wish more states would that.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/albericie/status/1317365576314974208

Did she think this through?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

indeed 'twas sexism that felled the corrupt LNP member.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Remember when Barnaby Joyce hosed?

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

Did anything ever come of the Tony and Peta thing? A quick google suggests it was really only in the news cycle for the 2016 fed election campaign period, so I don't know where we landed on whether there was anything behind that or it was just politick as usual

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the nz national party is melting down lmao, put all their social medias on private

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Sulla Faex posted:

Did anything ever come of the Tony and Peta thing? A quick google suggests it was really only in the news cycle for the 2016 fed election campaign period, so I don't know where we landed on whether there was anything behind that or it was just politick as usual

They did everything together, like skiing, sharing a villa in france on holiday and allegedly Peta fed him with her own fork at a restaurant but there's no evidence they hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

A few Libs have commented that Peta held absolute sway over Tony, beyond anything they could understand. But there was no indication they were sleeping together.