Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

If you drop live turkeys out of a helicopter, they hit the ground like sacks of wet cement.

Uhhh, Pinochet led a coup, not a coop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNE2oCZH_4k

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I'm too old. All I could think was "who is going to clean up that mess?!?"

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

We did it boys. 2 pages without one goddamned chuckle picture. Good to know pinochet led a coup, though. Great job!

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

If you drop live turkeys out of a helicopter, they hit the ground like sacks of wet cement.

As god is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJlcjMgbo9w

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Proteus Jones posted:

As god is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly

They can't fly but they can use their wings to glide, it's just that if you drop them out of a plane quite often they'll go "Uh .... what .... ???" and forget to extend their wings

There's a festival in the US somewhere where they used to drop turkeys out of planes, which is how we know

E: Yellville, Arkansas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3MbCNodleI

E: even if they try to slow their fall they can only flap their wings for a very short period before they get too exhausted

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 07:11 on Oct 17, 2020

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

They can't fly but they can use their wings to glide, it's just that if you drop them out of a plane quite often they'll go "Uh .... what .... ???" and forget to extend their wings

There's a festival in the US somewhere where they used to drop turkeys out of planes, which is how we know

E: Yellville, Arkansas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3MbCNodleI

E: even if they try to slow their fall they can only flap their wings for a very short period before they get too exhausted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf3mgmEdfwg

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

We did it boys. 2 pages without one goddamned chuckle picture. Good to know pinochet led a coup, though. Great job!

Mods rename me Jesus of Methlehem.

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!
Eat more chicken?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MIDusVEjcE

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
From my understanding of physics and extensive experience being irresponsible on playgrounds, I think the thing to understand with the slides is more related to that A: an object in motion tends to stay in motion, and then the Square-Cube Law, and 3: the design and shape of the slide as well as its size and slope.

As is pretty easy to observe, a small amount of energy goes a long way with smaller and lighter objects, and smaller creatures are less susceptible to gravity's harsh laws. As the old story goes- you drop a spider down two stories and it'll hardly notice, a mouse might walk away, a horse will break all its legs and an elephant will splash. Kids can get tossed around relatively easy but tend to suffer less injuries from it than an adult who's thrown around with equivalent force.

That and the slide isn't a typical one, it's built into the smoothed cement. It's going to be a much faster drop than a plastic or metal slide because I imagine it has a lot less friction with the smooth, singular material, and doesn't have as much of a drop at the end as a free-standing slide will that allows someone to in theory land on their feet. And on top of that, the slope may seem gentle but the above factors mean you're going to take the ending a lot faster than a regular slide, and you see why massively oversized slides and water slides tend to have very long and gradual stopping slopes to slow you down before the end... which that concrete slide really doesn't have.

So an adult is going to hit the bottom much faster than they expect to, likely an experience they're not at all prepared for, especially from a deceptively humble looking attraction, and still have their momentum going when they reach the bottom causing them to flip over and land face-first in the woodchips, much to the amusement of onlookers.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
https://i.imgur.com/vLoTTpF.mp4

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

Ah but you see the velocity of the science when it meets the ratio of the resistance is q to the power of 9. It's very important to let everyone know I'm very smart in the funny pictures thread of all places you see.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING

Once again it seems an appropriate time to whip out this old chestnut

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.
https://twitter.com/FacesPics/status/1317157165493354498?s=19

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Hyperlynx posted:

Wait, hold on. That can't be right - everything falls at the same speed, regardless of how heavy it is. Acceleration due to gravity is constant.

Catching up, more pages to read but
Force= mass x acceleration.
Acceleration due to gravity would be the same across all bodies going down the slide but the mass of an adult is significantly higher than a child and the force of landing will be proportionally higher equaling adults faceplanting and joy in observers

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Dance McPants
Mar 11, 2006

Brutalism is healing.

https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/1317232099938611201?s=20

I have to go now, my planet needs me

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Is this the conclusion to that heebie-gbs thread about making an album?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dance McPants posted:

Brutalism is healing.

https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/1317232099938611201?s=20

I have to go now, my planet needs me

Flamboni

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Careful, that was an ice resurfacing machine. You’re going to get a letter from Zamboni.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:actually: unless it's from the Zamboni region of France, it's called a Sparkling Re-icer

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Infinitum posted:

:actually: unless it's from the Zamboni region of Paramount, California, it's called a Sparkling Re-icer

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

:jerkbag:

This joke was played out three decades ago. I'm in a grumpy loving mood, but seriously this fruit is so low-hanging it's on the ground, rotted, and full of insects.

Tax:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

mind the walrus posted:

:jerkbag:

This joke was played out three decades ago. I'm in a grumpy loving mood, but seriously this fruit is so low-hanging it's on the ground, rotted, and full of insects.

Tax:

Lol buddy maybe don't randomly attack another poster for inadequately fresh covid/star trek memes and then counter with a "cats are mean" photo.

Wow holy poo poo cats are jerks sometimes! That's so fresh. Did you come up with that yourself? That cats are jerks? Holy poo poo I've never heard of someone making that joke before lmao incredible.. That's so current and new omg lol do you have a book I can buy about how to make the newest hottest memes? Thank you so much for your service brave warrior

Efb, :lol:

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Careful, that was an ice resurfacing machine. You’re going to get a letter from Zamboni.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

:golfclap:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

drat horror queefs posted:

Lol buddy maybe don't randomly attack another poster for inadequately fresh covid/star trek memes and then counter with a "cats are mean" photo.

Wow holy poo poo cats are jerks sometimes! That's so fresh. Did you come up with that yourself? That cats are jerks? Holy poo poo I've never heard of someone making that joke before lmao incredible.. That's so current and new omg lol do you have a book I can buy about how to make the newest hottest memes? Thank you so much for your service brave warrior

Efb, :lol:

Yes that was the joke I tee'd myself up for. I knew I was being an rear end in a top hat-- I said as much-- and set myself up to get blasted. You can pretend that was the "lol I'm not owned" or I'm being retarded on purpose" or whatever tired meme from five years ago, but that is what I did and y'all are even dumber than I thought if you're being sincere and thought that was an actual own.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

:munch:

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

holy poo poo it’s actually happening

Yesssss

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I'm going to Xerox their response and use it as Kleenex then toss it on the ground and Hoover it.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

mind the walrus posted:

Yes that was the joke I tee'd myself up for. I knew I was being an rear end in a top hat-- I said as much-- and set myself up to get blasted. You can pretend that was the "lol I'm not owned" or I'm being retarded on purpose" or whatever tired meme from five years ago, but that is what I did and y'all are even dumber than I thought if you're being sincere and thought that was an actual own.

why are you like this

why are you always like this

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

freeedr posted:

holy poo poo it’s actually happening

Yesssss

It's not me this time for the record.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

lmao

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
God drat an unironic puppetmaster defense in TYOOL 2020

Ballbot5000
Dec 13, 2008

Fabricati diem, pvnc.

Super Waffle posted:

God drat an unironic puppetmaster defense in TYOOL 2020

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Lol, I can't remember the last time I saw someone corncob that hard.