Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
They get killmails but little benefit. Querious George didn't toxx so his feathers are going to bristle with crushing need of mentioning loot and salvage, but the problem with spoils is that when you have such a big coalition, it's always going to be impossible to divvy them up in such a manner that'll please everyone.

TEST claims they're in this to "exterminate" us, but that's ideological (it's also bullshit). The other powers are in this to somehow profit from our demise. They want what they feel is coming to them for their investment of blood and treasure. Their motivation wanes as the curve of fun versus profitability nears equilibrium.

And crow (or squawk) as they are now, they're no doubt noticing that the cost to destroy a defended (and not even onlined) Keepstar is a trillion-plus isk per cycle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

Raged posted:

I have been having some trouble revetting.

I tried to join the little_bees channel and it said I was banned or it did not exist. I know I was never banned

So I went to the forum to try to Auth and it let me auth my old hauling alt but not my main character. It kept coming up with this error.

Error
Internal server error
Request ID: |b8872cc5-4524ef334b98deea.

any idea what I am doing wrong?

Yeah, ESI isn't letting me authorize one of my market alts no matter how many times I authorize them to take all of the data, I'll probably just send Asher all my poo poo cause I don't have like 5 hours to figure out how to join my own team.

edit okay i figured out what I was doing wrong on ESI, i will hopefully still not lose EVE.

Torpor fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Oct 17, 2020

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

The entity to benefit the most from this war is FRT, they're going to swoop in after this is done and clean up the remains, so they can expand their rental (botting) empire to even more of nullsec. We'll be looking at a duopoly for a little while before it devolves into Serenity v2.

AeroZ
Nov 9, 2016

Agrikk posted:

... with an A name my survivability rate hovers at zero.
This used to be the case but it seems that not anymore. Long time ago I also had the A-name curse but it looks like not anymore. If I flew a logi then maybe.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

BIG HEADLINE posted:

They get killmails but little benefit. Querious George didn't toxx so his feathers are going to bristle with crushing need of mentioning loot and salvage, but the problem with spoils is that when you have such a big coalition, it's always going to be impossible to divvy them up in such a manner that'll please everyone.

TEST claims they're in this to "exterminate" us, but that's ideological (it's also bullshit). The other powers are in this to somehow profit from our demise. They want what they feel is coming to them for their investment of blood and treasure. Their motivation wanes as the curve of fun versus profitability nears equilibrium.

And crow (or squawk) as they are now, they're no doubt noticing that the cost to destroy a defended (and not even onlined) Keepstar is a trillion-plus isk per cycle.

To be fair it costs a trillion isk to suicide enough ships into a defended keepstar to kill it while anchoring. Killing the fleet defending the structure, then the structure itself would presumably way way cheaper (if you win) or possibly more expensive (if you start feeding Titans).

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Imo 1 trillion isk worth of t1 ships is very much NOT the same as 1 trillion worth of t2 ships or capitals.

In fact, virtually all t1 losses (at least pre mineral distribution) are (were) essentially infinitely replaceable and shouldn’t count at all towards an ‘isk war’ imo.

Since the changes this isn’t as much the case, but it still kinda is. If anything t1 losses are just an inconvenience.

GuyonthecoucH
Apr 10, 2004

AeroZ posted:

This used to be the case but it seems that not anymore. Long time ago I also had the A-name curse but it looks like not anymore. If I flew a logi then maybe.

As an A name haver in game it's a great way to learn how to call for reps at the right time, overheat modules, all that good poo poo

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

AeroZ posted:

Primaries seem to get called out of the middle of the alphabet as frequently as anywhere else. I have two combat pilots, one name starts with k, the other h, and they have both been locked up and shot before other folks in fleet with A and B names. :iiam:

dialhforhero posted:

Imo 1 trillion isk worth of t1 ships is very much NOT the same as 1 trillion worth of t2 ships or capitals.

In fact, virtually all t1 losses (at least pre mineral distribution) are (were) essentially infinitely replaceable and shouldn’t count at all towards an ‘isk war’ imo.

Since the changes this isn’t as much the case, but it still kinda is. If anything t1 losses are just an inconvenience.

I'd agree regarding the hulls, but faction fittings and ammo are probably going to bottleneck before hulls do, and T2 will get there eventually.

Jazzzzz fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Oct 17, 2020

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I always seem to be primaried, even outside of my sabre

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

Apparently Test has just dropped their first Keepstar in YZ9

AeroZ
Nov 9, 2016

Malefitz posted:

Apparently Test has just dropped their first Keepstar in YZ9

That was fast. Good that I didn’t lose my Raven yesterday.

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

Apparently they're trying a ~new~technique~

An astrahaus has been dropped on the same grid of the keep. That's good so we won't have to warp back and forth to shoot both.

:cawg:

minchar
Feb 10, 2013

They're aware of our love of rear end and are hoping people will be distracted and shoot the asshouse instead of the keepstar

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

AeroZ posted:

That was fast. Good that I didn’t lose my Raven yesterday.

Guess my bomber rides again tomorrow afternoon :v:

Gonna try and get a full 15 runs off this time before it dies.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

This is getting to be routine now

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

raminasi posted:

Won’t it be easier for them to shoot our keeps because they’ll be able to control the grid when they do it?

Would they control the grid? Their strategy so far has been to online 1 or 2 forts on grid next to the goon keep so that their supers can stay in tethering range and just launch fighters risk free. That is not sustainable for 60 keepstar fights.

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009

froody guy posted:

Apparently they're trying a ~new~technique~

An astrahaus has been dropped on the same grid of the keep. That's good so we won't have to warp back and forth to shoot both.

:cawg:

This astra?

oops

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Ajaxify posted:

This astra?

oops

Lmfao

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

Ajaxify posted:

This astra?

oops

ohnoes they need a newer technique now /o\

again

:getin:

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
lol hope that astrahus wasn’t important to the strategy

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009
Slow and methodi... oh, it’s dead.

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Their slow and methodical plan is being ruined by our fast and reckless actions.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

The Claptain posted:

Their slow and methodical plan is being ruined by our fast and reckless actions.

loving goons man

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

Papi trying to exhaust our ammunition supplies with that Asshaus. Slow and methodical

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

rocketrobot posted:

loving goons man

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
I don't know what happened but it sounds awesome.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

As much as heavy tidi fights suck, this stage of the war really satisfies that meatgrinder itch I've had since the bad old days when it was us facing off against BoB with 46DP as the no man's land.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Jazzzzz posted:

Primaries seem to get called out of the middle of the alphabet as frequently as anywhere else. I have two combat pilots, one name starts with k, the other h, and they have both been locked up and shot before other folks in fleet with A and B names. :iiam:

I'd agree regarding the hulls, but faction fittings and ammo are probably going to bottleneck before hulls do, and T2 will get there eventually.

The fittings could bottleneck, yes, but t2 fittings are waaaay easier to mass produce and move than the t2 hulls.

Also in a pinch there id always meta modules.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

The Saddest Robot posted:

I don't know what happened but it sounds awesome.

They blew up the rear end of the snake

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

319 yesterday was pretty fun even in the tidi. I did the ECM burst ceptor thing for a bit and then some throat slitting of offline/disconnected dudes for a few hours.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Lmao the top comment on this

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/jczuhe/delve_round_5/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

DGC773 posted:

To give you all a break, I will only post again when PAPI drop a keepstar.
EDIT: drop a keepstar in Delve and get it online.
EDIT: applies to this thread

I'm desperate to see this toxx happen in a couple of days lmao

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

Wibla posted:

The entity to benefit the most from this war is FRT, they're going to swoop in after this is done and clean up the remains, so they can expand their rental (botting) empire to even more of nullsec. We'll be looking at a duopoly for a little while before it devolves into Serenity v2.

You're probably on to something

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Ajaxify posted:

This astra?

oops

Was this yours or theirs?

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009

notaspy posted:

Was this yours or theirs?

This was a snek Astra dropped on the same grid as the snek KS we will be fighting on tomorrow.

Paused and destroyed with 53 seconds left on the timer.

Ajaxify fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Oct 17, 2020

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Rapulum_Dei posted:

Slow and methodi... oh, it’s dead.

:pusheen:

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Ajaxify posted:

This was a snek Astra dropped on the same grid as the snek KS we will be fighting on tomorrow.

Paused and destroyed with 53 seconds left on the timer.

Another KS?!

Keep this up and you'll have to go on a diet.

But seriously, what would happen if the snek stopped for a month and pulled themselves together as a proper unified force with some half decent logistics behind them?

Would you guys be be able break out (if you wanted too) or would they be able to bottle you up?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Upvoted

These weaklings apparently need sleep, I say let them have it

GREAT SATAN
Aug 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
If you're thinking of returning from a long break, the water is fine and you should jump in. CCP did a great thing by giving the option to buy skill points because starting over again from 0 kept me from returning for a long time. I'm just loving around in high sec doing the basic missions right now and actually having fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super.Jesus
Oct 20, 2011
If that astrahus was a second keepstar or at least a fort then that might have been an idea.

E: Btw is there a reason beyond everyone being burned out at the end of a 10 hour fight not to randomly occasionally try to gank a titan or super as the are extracting to knock the fear of God into them, after they grow complacent with their easy evacs?

Super.Jesus fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Oct 17, 2020