Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Yes I get my political information from this website, what's the problem?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Honest Thief posted:

glad this isnt the same bob evans who did popeye

He also isn't Teddy Roosevelt's childhood pet guinea pig.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/TheLetterhack/status/1316907507235868672?s=19

madey
Sep 17, 2007

I saved the Olympics singlehandedly
From The Oasthouse: The Alan Partridge Podcast is a great way to spend one of your 6 unexpired audible credits if anyone else signed up to the free trial for the Chapo Book.

Make sure you use all your credits before stopping the subscription and not the other way round!

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

madey posted:

From The Oasthouse: The Alan Partridge Podcast is a great way to spend one of your 6 unexpired audible credits if anyone else signed up to the free trial for the Chapo Book.

Make sure you use all your credits before stopping the subscription and not the other way round!

I believe the Jakarta Method is available on audible.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Salvor_Hardin posted:

He also isn't Teddy Roosevelt's childhood pet guinea pig.

i love presidential trivia as much as the next dork but how is this what you think of when you hear a regular name like "bob evans"

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

jeez, what the gently caress happened to Archer, his coma got really boring

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

I believe the Jakarta Method is available on audible.
Yeah but Jakarta Method is a massive downer but Alan Partridge is always solid gold comedy.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

New Chapo is a banger. makes up for the boring Tim Robbins interview earlier this week

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
Liz’s ten minute rant at the end of the Assange ep is bellissimo

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Atrocious Joe posted:

New Chapo is a banger. makes up for the boring Tim Robbins interview earlier this week

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

I accidentally closed the Tim Robbins interview with like 15 mins left and didn't bother finishing it.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

a Loving Dog posted:

Liz’s ten minute rant at the end of the Assange ep is bellissimo

It was extremely good, definitely a top 3 podcast rant. I also loved Brace's rant at the end of Cock Bros Part 2, if you haven't listened to it, it's A++++

https://black-epstein-feed-trueanon.sounder.fm/episode/episode-95-kochd-up-part-2?page=2

If you want just to listen to the rant, starts at like 59:00 and ramps up big time by the end, god drat. although really listen to both cock bro parters for more impact, its a great set of episodes.

Xaris has issued a correction as of 00:26 on Oct 17, 2020

THS
Sep 15, 2017

the palantir trueanon eps have been my fav recently. incredibly dark but reinforced the need for butlerian jihad

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Atrocious Joe posted:

the poo poo about the libertarians is very fun. basically a classic goon project gone wrong

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I don't know why TrueAnon did an episode about dog fuckers but its so dark that it wraps back around to being hilarious

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Farm Frenzy posted:

the poo poo about the libertarians is very fun. basically a classic goon project gone wrong

libertarian municipal experiments turning out exactly as you'd expect will always be funny

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Atrocious Joe posted:

It felt like a classic dryboys episode. They should do more of those.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

Farm Frenzy posted:

Matt even mentioned Goon Island

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

The left should have a free state/free town thing imo, even if it fails it'll be a hell of a time

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

T-man posted:

The left should have a free state/free town thing imo, even if it fails it'll be a hell of a time

There are a ton of communes around, some of them even do decently well

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Gripweed posted:

If it looked like Trump was going to win, not voting for Biden would be easy. Because then you aren't getting on the losing team. Nobody wants to back a loser.

If it looked like it was going to be close, then not voting for Biden is an expression of power. You are part of a group that, while small, might actually decide the election. That's a good feeling. And it lets you look down and whisper "no" like from V for Vendetta, which is cool.

But it looks like Biden is going to win easily. So first off, you aren't on the winning team. All those libs trying to berate you into voting Biden, they get a big ol W and you get nothing. Which also makes you feel powerless. You are part of a group that, while small, is also completely ineffective and powerless. You have demonstrated that your opposition accomplishes nothing and the Dems don't actually need you. And that feels bad.

Well unfortunately voting makes me feel nothing

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
new alab on the michican fbi crime ring is very good, particularly the dramatic readings of their william wallace speeches set to music

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

TeenageArchipelago posted:

There are a ton of communes around, some of them even do decently well

Bernie's adventures on a stalinist kibbutz

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Joementum posted:

new alab on the michican fbi crime ring is very good, particularly the dramatic readings of their william wallace speeches set to music

yeah its masterful.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Lol apparently the expectation is that you never held any idealistic beliefs whatsoever.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/Sturgeons_Law/status/1317622837348192256

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

lol was about 2 post this

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

:hmbol:

https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1317624686604292096?s=20

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lmao brace

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

The true villain of the Syrian conflict.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

https://twitter.com/AJAY_PDX/status/1317626328347254784

Paffgen
Jul 13, 2009
Bryan Belchier

Paffgen
Jul 13, 2009
Not going to get into it but let's say looking at the imbd this show is not in safe hands! e:accidental double post

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Paffgen posted:

Bryan Belchier

oh come on that's not his real name is it? might as well have said Bruce Balden

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I hope he doesn't get the Homer Simpson 'Police Cops' treatment

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1317570938603536385?s=20

Felix has gotten the English libs angry again and calling him anti-Semitic

https://twitter.com/DanaHoule/status/1317687124401909763?s=20
https://twitter.com/bctrenor/status/1317583078269849600?s=20

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

It seems like British have a strange definition of anti-Semitism. It seems to mean "doesn't like liberals".

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

the ol' jam master is antisemetic just like bernie is racist: because it gives libs an out to not support the principles they pretend to hold if they convince themself the only person actually offering them is secretly evil.

see, liberals think they're the left. They so, so, so desperately want to be the "good guys" against the bad guy republicans, and any attack or canidate on the left threatens their west wing ~justice truth fighter~ self-myth. So they have to find a "left" wing reason to cancel them, and they reach to Dumb Person Idpol, stripped of the revolutionary potential the idea had before tumblr ruined it. (The internet has always made once-serious ideas into phone-tagged gibberish, see "ur fascism" on SA a few years back) And so they have a counter and don't have to wonder why Sempai Biden or Daddy Obama or Mother never seem to win or do the things they say they will.

Hopefully this big ol' crack is only going to widen should, unfortunately, Biden not eat poo poo, gets in power, and does nothing on his platform but the bad poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Terrible Opinions posted:

It seems like British have a strange definition of anti-Semitism. It seems to mean "doesn't like liberals".

Anti-semitic is the word you want to use to give someone a stink that will never come off. Anyone who's even described as anti-semitic can not ever be rehabilitated, and you certainly can't ever be seen agreeing with them in any way.

"described" is the key word here. Corbyn (or Bernie) never actually did anything anti-semitic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TT6XqnjHao

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/john-bercow-antisemitism-conservative-party-commons-speaker-latest-a9313791.html

Whoops! Turns out the reality is the exact opposite as described by the anti-Corbyn people.

Harold Stassen has issued a correction as of 15:59 on Oct 18, 2020