Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
Thank you. I was curious about that one, I was thinking about it recently for the first time in years but hadn't heard anything definitive

Capt.Whorebags posted:

A few Libs have commented that Peta held absolute sway over Tony, beyond anything they could understand. But there was no indication they were sleeping together.

"beyond anything they could understand" is a great line coming from Liberals on the topic of interpersonal dynamics and the human psyche

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
act election looks like it's a decent swing to the greens so that's something

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-10-17/act-election-voting-labor-liberal-greens-results/12778714

quote:

The Canberra Liberals have conceded the election to ACT Labor, as its leader Alistair Coe calls returned Chief Minister Andrew Barr to congratulate him on the result.

The ABC's election analyst Antony Green says ACT Labor will be returned for a sixth term with the support of the Greens.

But he says the surprise of the evening favours the Greens, as he predicts the party could win as many as five seats.

With 80 per cent of the vote counted, Labor has won 38.4 per cent of the vote, while the Canberra Liberals have won 33.1 per cent of the vote.

The ACT Greens appear to be the surprise winners of the evening, with a 3.6 per cent swing towards the party, potentially winning them as many as three additional seats.

Green says the party is likely to win a seat in Yerrabi, and retain its seat in Murrumbidgee, despite the retirement of member Caroline Le Couteur.

Alongside returning Greens leader Shane Rattenbury, Green says the party could pick up a second seat in the inner city Kurrajong electorate, as well as a seat in Ginninderra.

ABC tracker:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/elections/act/2020/results

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
A good day for leftism

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1317390165212602368

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

bowmore posted:

the nz national party is melting down lmao, put all their social medias on private

yeah .. ahaha what a bunch of snowflakes.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Ah poo poo, that boot-licking charlatan Basil Zempilas has been elected lord mayor of Perth.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Anidav posted:

A good day for leftism

And may there be many more

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Do businesses get to vote like in Melbourne city council?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Any economists who say the impact to the economy of lockdowns outweighs people's lives should be dragged out in the street and shot for the good of the economy.

Launchpad McQuack
Oct 21, 2010
Totalitarian much? Holy poo poo.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Launchpad McQuack posted:

You new the risk when you got your economics degree

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

disappointed. should have stayed the course and remained locked down until end of november.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

not happy with back flip dan

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

hambeet posted:

disappointed. should have stayed the course and remained locked down until end of november.

Good news is it's all futzy changes until then anyway.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i think elimination would have been ideal.

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008

hambeet posted:

stay inside then

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

nah i'm in regional vic, we're doing pretty well. i just don't want metro people infecting us again.

Breakfast Burrito
Aug 8, 2007

Proud of the hard work of everyone in Melbourne who dealt with the restrictions to get us here, despite the best efforts of some people to undermine all this work by e.g. going to parks outside of the restrictions just because they felt like it

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

hambeet posted:

nah i'm in regional vic, we're doing pretty well. i just don't want metro people infecting us again.

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008

hambeet posted:

Then stay inside.

Breakfast Burrito posted:

Proud of the hard work of everyone in Melbourne who dealt with the restrictions to get us here, despite the best efforts of some people to undermine all this work by e.g. going to parks outside of the restrictions just because they felt like it

Yeah man I really set us back a ways

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i'm sorry, i don't see why my life needs to be impacted on because people in metro area's can't abide by public health guidelines.

so no, no need for me to stay inside. i haven't had to for a month or so now. it's great. you all need to do your part better now.

good luck!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CelestialScribe posted:

stay inside then
you have to drive pretty far to arbitrarily break the rules now hey bud

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

hambeet posted:

i'm sorry, i don't see why my life needs to be impacted on because people in metro area's can't abide by public health guidelines.

so no, no need for me to stay inside. i haven't had to for a month or so now. it's great. you all need to do your part better now.

good luck!

Your posting needs to be locked down by the anti bio terrorism unit

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tommunist posted:

Your posting needs to be locked down by the anti bio terrorism unit

To stop them being infected by bad opinions? Yes.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

hambeet posted:

good luck!

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

hambeet posted:

Launchpad McQuack posted:

FWD had a heart attack while playing rugby at the age of 28. He never mentioned those heart problems to Justice Health when incarcerated in New South Wales, and gave his medical history as not having a history of heart disease. He had never been diagnosed with heart disease. On 28 December he had difficulty breathing while lying on his bed at Junee correctional centre and asked his cellmate to call for help. He was rushed to hospital but died, with the cause of death listed as ischaemic heart disease. His family said prisons should try to take more comprehensive medical histories.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Hambeet has been smugging victorians out of the "ring of iron" for large amounts if cash. It makes sense that he'd want the lock down to continue.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I’m making bank

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe

Tommunist posted:

Hambeet has been smugging victorians out of the "ring of iron" for large amounts if cash. It makes sense that he'd want the lock down to continue.

Could probably pin the missing Kiwis on Hambeet as well.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

hambeet posted:

Just wait until tonight when restrictions ease.

People should still be staying at home as much as possible, but you know there's going to be a loving tsunami of CelestialScribe's pouring out in every direction, just making GBS threads their pants at the opportunity to drive huge distances and lick doorknobs.

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008

Megillah Gorilla posted:

People should still be staying at home as much as possible, but you know there's going to be a loving tsunami of CelestialScribe's pouring out in every direction, just making GBS threads their pants at the opportunity to drive huge distances and lick doorknobs.

Why should people stay home as much as possible even when restrictions have eased?

I mean you might as well say we should stay indoors and shut everything down completely until there’s a vaccine.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
Finally

I was standing in line at the BWS to buy some bubbles, and the people both in front, and behind me were doing the same.

2 girls were taking selfies outside the closed hairdresser.

For the first time in months, I feel a tiny sense of optimism.

edit: there's a beach 23kms from my house. At dawn I'm driving there to swim. I cannot wait to walk on sand and swim again.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Megillah Gorilla posted:

going to laugh if there is a third wave

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

CelestialScribe posted:

Why should people stay home as much as possible even when restrictions have eased?

I mean you might as well say we should stay indoors and shut everything down completely until there’s a vaccine.

No. That isn't what's being said.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Yeast posted:

Finally

I was standing in line at the BWS to buy some bubbles, and the people both in front, and behind me were doing the same.

2 girls were taking selfies outside the closed hairdresser.

For the first time in months, I feel a tiny sense of optimism.

edit: there's a beach 23kms from my house. At dawn I'm driving there to swim. I cannot wait to walk on sand and swim again.

Same sense of optimism here. Gonna head down to the botanical Gardens tomorrow and I've got some walks planned next weekend with a mate now that we can finally see each other.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

Tommunist posted:

Same sense of optimism here. Gonna head down to the botanical Gardens tomorrow and I've got some walks planned next weekend with a mate now that we can finally see each other.

Mate, I don't know you from a bar of soap - but for going through the last 6 months with me. loving cheers, here's to you and your friend :)

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Typical that WA's COVID border was breached the moment Basil was elected mayor of Perth

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Tommunist posted:

go for a night swim at cheviot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

re ACT elections:

I am sorry is this is a flash of the blinding obvious, or has been discussed earlier. But I just had a realization as to why it has been won by Labor for 6 times in a row.

Nobody actively goes to the ACT to retire, so less olds.
Nobody rich wants to live in the ACT, so less rich people.
Most people who live in Canberra are public servants with young families, so as well as less olds, less boomers and more educated white-ish collar workers.

So to hurt the Liberal "base", there are less uneducated old boomer posh Tories. Hence 6 Labor victories in a row.

This is a slightly classist, half arsed personal theory mind you, so feel free to tear it and me down.