Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:

Sormus has a new favorite as of 15:33 on Oct 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Woebin posted:

I like thinking that the person in blue just decided this was a good opportunity to come out as trans :3:
I was going to say being a woman isn't a job but to my understanding it's definitely a chore

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Don't overlook Jesus in the lower right corner!

I thought that was an elve.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Splicer posted:

I was going to say being a woman isn't a job but to my understanding it's definitely a chore

Neither is "Gandalf", "Wolverine", or "Darth Vader".

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Just cause it's not a job doesn't mean it's not the job I want.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Tiggum posted:

Neither is "Gandalf", "Wolverine", or "Darth Vader".
Itinerant Wizard, Costumed Vigilante, and Emperor's Right Hand Man are all jobs.

They don't all pay mind you.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/yeetgarf/status/1317523457102446598

https://twitter.com/flatgarf/status/1317823684405563392

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Why would anyone want Jesus's job? I always got the impression that getting crucified sucks, like really really bad.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

By popular demand posted:

Why would anyone want Jesus's job? I always got the impression that getting crucified sucks, like really really bad.

The on-the-job injury rate may be bad but the healthcare is fantastic.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Well it could be worse. You could be stabbed.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

:eyepop:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

That was his kink. His job was carpentry and later catering.

rollick
Mar 20, 2009

(source)

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Not sure I like how Crusader Kings has been going lately.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

cross post from the kill six billion demons in the bss subforum

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Here is one of my many favourite Nedroids:

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Godamnit KSBD updates so loving slow.

It's probably the ridiculous, insane lusciously detailed artwork.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Elviscat posted:

Godamnit KSBD updates so loving slow.

It's probably the ridiculous, insane lusciously detailed artwork.

I'm always sad when it's mentioned because I just can't handle keeping up with serialized comics, especially on irregular schedules. I stopped last summer to wait for some time when it was more complete.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Captain Hygiene posted:

I'm always sad when it's mentioned because I just can't handle keeping up with serialized comics, especially on irregular schedules. I stopped last summer to wait for some time when it was more complete.

I think I read it when it hadn't been out terribly long. I haven't been back to it, as I hate getting invested then waiting.

Same thing with Gunnerkreg court. I come back every couple years

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

KSBD, Gunnerkrig and a lot of other webcomics have RSS feeds. Get a reader, add that as a subscription, and you'll be notified whenever they publish a new update.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I present the saga of Bartholomew

(Boat chases)

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

ultrafilter posted:

KSBD, Gunnerkrig and a lot of other webcomics have RSS feeds. Get a reader, add that as a subscription, and you'll be notified whenever they publish a new update.

It's more a matter of interest for me. I know from experience that getting a dripfeed of story increments that take 30 seconds to read will make my investment in a story completely drop out even if it's something super well done.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
TRUCK OUT

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think one of my favorite Nedroid arcs is definitely the Rudl saga.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
Gunnerkrigg is way better at regularly updating than KSBD but GC seems like the king of dragging out a story, nothing like waiting 2 days for a couple of words and some meaningful looks. At least the wait for a new KSBD page feels like decent payoff when it finally comes.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
If I don't feel like waiting to see how something ends, I just write it down in my old man book. You know, my book for writing down things to check on when I become an old man.

My handwriting is very bad.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

I fell off of Cucumber Quest for the same reasons, and then came back to find it stopped being a comic.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
The comic with the most consistent schedule I can think of these days is Oglaf.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Girl Genius if you want to combine a consistent update schedule with waiting forever for payoffs for some reason.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
The only comic I keep up with, week to week, is Order of the Stick, because I am a fuken nerd that's been reading the same webcomic for 15 goddamn years.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Johnny Aztec posted:

The only comic I keep up with, week to week, is Order of the Stick, because I am a fuken nerd that's been reading the same webcomic for 15 goddamn years.

Jesus Christ didn't that end 11 years ago?!

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Captain Hygiene posted:

It's more a matter of interest for me. I know from experience that getting a dripfeed of story increments that take 30 seconds to read will make my investment in a story completely drop out even if it's something super well done.

good news it should be ended in a few months. this is the final book and each book took about 4ish months. so around march or april you can binge the entire thing!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Just Offscreen posted:

That and Gunnerkrigg.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Just Offscreen posted:

if you mean "updates on a regular schedule and not forever apart" then xkcd and Penny Arcade both update MWF every single week. Dinosaur Comics, Questionable Content, and SMBC (I think) all update every day.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

morallyobjected posted:

if you mean "updates on a regular schedule and not forever apart" then xkcd and Penny Arcade both update MWF every single week. Dinosaur Comics, Questionable Content, and SMBC (I think) all update every day.

I'm assuming he meant consistently updates with an actual comic, not a tedious essay accompanied by some scribbles an intern did

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Crane Fist posted:

I'm assuming he meant consistently updates with an actual comic, not a tedious essay accompanied by some scribbles an intern did

I think the "tedious essay" is referring to SMBC? that's the only one I remember getting that kind of complaint for sometimes being too long, but those always seemed like the exception because the last very many comics are all regular-comic length or single panel. that remark certainly doesn't really make sense for any of the other ones.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Ryan North lovingly draws those dinosaurs every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

morallyobjected posted:

I think the "tedious essay" is referring to SMBC? that's the only one I remember getting that kind of complaint for sometimes being too long, but those always seemed like the exception because the last very many comics are all regular-comic length or single panel. that remark certainly doesn't really make sense for any of the other ones.

SMBC, XKCD, Dinosaur Comics all fit that mold as does QC unless you really enjoy two stiffly-posed mannequins staring past each other and speaking with one voice, I mean are you serious, my dude