Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

If Maya does lose, I could see it happening because her revenge is for Meti and not truly herself in spite of what she's said prior to this. I'm also expecting that it won't be the only thing readers will be mad about if that goes down. Bad times have arrived.

good times for sickos and knight belligerents

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

GreyjoyBastard posted:

starting to feel like this incubus guy isn't great

when we saw him in his realm, he was emerging from a (freshly filled?) pool of stagnant blood

this does seem to be the Lord of the Pit's preferred fast travel mechanism

I love this because we'd already seen 3 Demiurges 'just' teleport there without much fanfare. Incubus is just an extra bitch.

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Oct 17, 2020

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

KILL 6 BILLION DEMONS: A Memory of Fight

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Have we seen Maya's arm scars before? I swear that's a new detail and she's kept them hidden before now.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
We have actually, when she shanked Juggernaut. I know this because my husband has only really gotten into this in the last book or so and only reads over my shoulder, so I keep having to pull up old pages so I'm like "Ok, this is auntie maya and here's why she's cool and also here's the page where we figured out she had the key first".

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

shirts and skins posted:

From here on out it's just gonna be Chekov's Guns blasting like the finale of the 1812 Overture

I just want to take a moment to enjoy this wonderful metaphor. :allears:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
All the chickens are coming home to roost. All of them

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Incubus rising out of the filth is such an unsubtle, hammer to the face metaphor.

I like it

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Rayuba City proper seems to have not been too affected by the blast. The crowd of onlookers should better prepare to evacuate and go seek cover on the other side of some big mountain range that's itself behind the horizon as seen from the remains of the Ring of Power.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Cat Mattress posted:

Rayuba City proper seems to have not been too affected by the blast. The crowd of onlookers should better prepare to evacuate and go seek cover on the other side of some big mountain range that's itself behind the horizon as seen from the remains of the Ring of Power.

Right now, Theres nowhere in this solar system thats safe for a regular person.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

shirts and skins posted:

From here on out it's just gonna be Chekov's Guns blasting like the finale of the 1812 Overture

Wyld Karde posted:

I just want to take a moment to enjoy this wonderful metaphor. :allears:

Loving the vivid imagery of Anton Chekhov going full gun witch

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

I wonder what this showdown would've been like with whatever the original roster of the seven were, the one in which Savvy Jack was the sixth member.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

ThaumPenguin posted:

I wonder what this showdown would've been like with whatever the original roster of the seven were, the one in which Savvy Jack was the sixth member.

I dunno but I loving love this guy.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
He has the four most punchable faces I've ever seen.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

ThaumPenguin posted:

Loving the vivid imagery of Anton Chekhov going full gun witch

Instead of materializing guns like some kind of pleb he just turned the entire world into a john wick movie years ago, and there are guns stashed everywhich where.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Split the difference-- he can materialize guns at any time so long as he reaches behind/under/in something first.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

ThaumPenguin posted:

Jagganoth, the early years before he left Gluttony to Mottom and decided to bench-press instead.
Gog-Agog was already worm-themed but looked more like some sort of Ankou than the jester gal persona.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cat Mattress posted:

Jagganoth, the early years before he left Gluttony to Mottom and decided to bench-press instead.
Gog-Agog was already worm-themed but looked more like some sort of Ankou than the jester gal persona.

I think OG Gog actually became Incubus.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I think OG Gog actually became Incubus.

yeah that pic does have that same "leaning heavily on his sword" look with the tree

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I get from that figure, with the melting candle on the head and the dripping worms, that this version of the demiurge was basically "walking reminder of human mortality". You know the whole "conqueror worm" thing, whose mere presence screams at everyone to remember they'll be worm food eventually.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Don't know if it's just the gold mask but Savvy Jack reminds me most of Praman Nand

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Incubus rising out of the mud like that is giving me some serious Nøkk(en) vibes.

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Oct 17, 2020

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Tekne posted:

good times for sickos and knight belligerents

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Absolutely incredible :eyepop:

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

:sickos:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Xand_Man posted:

I love this because we'd already seen 3 Demiurges 'just' teleport there without much fanfare. Incubus is just an extra bitch.

You know I argue that crawling out of mud is actually significantly less ostentatious then arriving by a loud-rear end thunderbolt.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Number of cities obliterated via teleportation of one's self or one's city: 2

Number of cities obliterated via teleportation by wet ground: 0

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Inky boy there is a lurker, delurking.
Also someone make a gif emote of Incubus rising from the muck like a weird cryptid plz

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Seems like Auntie Maya has been waiting to take her shot at Incubus, she just needed him to show up somewhere she could get at him.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Being a demiurge means never getting particulates in your eyes

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

:perfect:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

habeasdorkus posted:

Seems like Auntie Maya has been waiting to take her shot at Incubus, she just needed him to show up somewhere she could get at him.

I get the feeling he's been hiding in his own domain or at the Concordances for a long time now, considering the only other time we've seen him is hanging out in Allison's head. This might well be the first time he's taken the field and been Maya's chance at revenge.

Actually just a thought about Maya; I'm wondering if the lesson of the rat wasn't realized until after she tossed her Key and Incubus took it. If she didn't want Unlimited Power, she should've made sure nobody else took it...

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

I feel attacked.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

My favourite thing about Incubus is that he knows he's a peace of poo poo, and that everyone else knows it too. It's why he's so pissed off all the time.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Is this a Qanon thing?

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I appreciate Incubus rising out of what looks like a river of pure poo poo.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Incubus thinks he’s as good a person as can exist - the only justice in this rotten world, after all, is the power to kill. (Which he said just before Zoss clowned on him.) That’s winning, to him. He sees the inescapability of violence and says ‘that’s why I, a smart person, have dedicated my life solely to violence and do not seek anything beyond it’ - which is truly mastery of Sword Law, even if it sucks.

E: funny Incubus thought, his head is indestructible, because of Head of John. Maybe that also makes taking his keys ridiculously hard, and the others consider that cheating? The cheese strat of demiurge war.

Joe Slowboat fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Oct 18, 2020

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Joe Slowboat posted:

E: funny Incubus thought, his head is indestructible, because of Head of John. Maybe that also makes taking his keys ridiculously hard, and the others consider that cheating? The cheese strat of demiurge war.
Jagganoth's in absolutely no position to call him out on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

What kind of lovely dumbass would be stopped by an unbreakable head.