Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

muscles like this! posted:

https://www.rifftrax.com/charade
This week's release is a Mike and Bridget riff of Charade.

Holy poo poo they riffed an entire movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

More importantly they riffed a good movie.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
We JUST re-watched their riffs of Grey's Anatomy's first two episodes and said Mike and Bridget should work together more. Her appearances on the 372 pages podcast quarantine minis are always fantastic.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Even more importantly, it's not a just-the-jokes riff

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/372Pages/status/1309874382576201731

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

A quick reminder: Starship Troopers live in 10 minutes. They Will Fight and They Will Win!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

They Will Not Win, because the page isn't loading for me :argh:

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

ringu0 posted:

A quick reminder: Starship Troopers live in 10 minutes. They Will Fight and They Will Win!

Well timed. I can't possibly think of something else happening tonight that people should maybe watch instead.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Not a lot of winning going on so far

https://twitter.com/RiffTrax/status/1311102257304281089

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Big surprise. Technical difficulties

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

They are online

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Bedurndurn posted:

Well timed. I can't possibly think of something else happening tonight that people should maybe watch instead.

If I'm going to see an old white dude promote fascism, might as well have jokes and tits with it.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Watching people having meltdowns on facebook over the movie starting 15 minutes late was almost more entertaining than the movie.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Dienes posted:

If I'm going to see an old white dude promote fascism, might as well have jokes and tits with it.

A rare username/movie combo

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Watching people having meltdowns on facebook over the movie starting 15 minutes late was almost more entertaining than the movie.

It is shocking how little some fans of all things RT related never learned the 'I should really just relax' part.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

BaronVonVaderham posted:

I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly they got it up and running after the crash.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Dawgstar posted:

It is shocking how little some fans of all things RT related never learned the 'I should really just relax' part.

Right? I didn't feel like I missed out by skipping the debates, I still got plenty of karens shrieking about imaginary slights against them and calling for boycotts of companies acting reasonably.

Breadallelogram posted:

I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly they got it up and running after the crash.

Agreed. Especially being a developer myself and having gone through horrendous crashes during major live events, they handled it quite well. They kept everyone informed that they were working on it, let us know when they had a fix and an ETA, and they got it back up and running really fast. It's kind of a pet peeve of mine, people raging about tech glitches like that when I know it's a miracle anything on the internet works as well as it does.

That's also why the meltdowns were so hilarious to me. We lost the pre-show (unless you're on Patreon, then they posted that a few hours before the show and you can watch it there), but otherwise the movie just started 17 minutes late. One boomer rear end in a top hat in particular was raging about how it wasn't "just 17 minutes" then immediately devolved into personal attacks and how I'm the reason this fandom is toxic.......for being reasonable and not rabidly attacking the people we're supposedly fans of over a minor inconvenience?

I guarantee they built in a 30 minute pre-show for exactly this reason, and that worked out beautifully for them.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

On a minor note, it is only watching the RT version of Final Justice wherein I learned that the Italian mob boss talking to the guy on the run from Geronimo is actually eating a meatball. (Bill: "Because standing in front of a neon sign that says 'GABAGOOL' was too subtle.")

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Dawgstar posted:

More importantly they riffed a good movie.

This was the first movie pick that baffled me. Charade is a great movie. I don't think I'd be able to appreciate the riff because it would just be somebody talking during a good movie. Are they going to riff Vertigo next?

That said, I'm clearly not being fair. Is this riff good?

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

InfiniteZero posted:

This was the first movie pick that baffled me. Charade is a great movie. I don't think I'd be able to appreciate the riff because it would just be somebody talking during a good movie. Are they going to riff Vertigo next?

I enjoy the Wizard of Oz riff.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Bridget and Mary Jo are riffing Amanda and the Alien. All I remember from this movie is that hot chick from that old Showtime series Sherman Oaks gets naked in it.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Bridget & Mary Jo? Not even looking at the title, buying.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

InfiniteZero posted:

Yeah, it is fun. Because it is Mike and Bridget the tone is much lighter and less confrontational than the Mike/Kevin/Bill riffs. So it is more like they're making jokes alongside the movie than making fun of it. Also a lot of ribbing at each other's expense.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

oh, heavens. Amanda and the Alien stars Nicole Eggert AND Michael Dorn. Delightful!

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

InfiniteZero posted:

They probably picked Charade because of its Public domain status. So its the rare good relatively modernish movie they can do a video version of, so why not? Back when all they did where just the jokes tracks they did a bunch of classics.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It was a Kickstarter reward so it was probably just a movie Mike wanted to do and this gave them the excuse.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

remusclaw posted:

They probably picked Charade because of its Public domain status. So its the rare good relatively modernish movie they can do a video version of, so why not? Back when all they did where just the jokes tracks they did a bunch of classics.

Their riffs of Jaws and Casablanca are both fun. Much more roast than rib.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
I don't know why, but this was a saved reply for this thread.

quote:

Where's the serious movie set in the competitive world of professional bowling the world has been crying out for?

Anyway, I watched Light Blast and that sure was a movie-like object. Great riff though. Any other weird action movies I should check out?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Fezz posted:

Anyway, I watched Light Blast and that sure was a movie-like object. Great riff though. Any other weird action movies I should check out?

Stone Cold definitely if you haven't.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Fezz posted:

I don't know why, but this was a saved reply for this thread.

Death Promise. It’s so grimy!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The titular Amanda from Amanda and the Alien sure is quick to murder her boyfriend.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Sale goes through the end of today. They're also donating 10% of the proceeds to Native Like Water. I picked up a few things to encourage this change from their usual Columbus Day sale.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Sale goes through the end of today. They're also donating 10% of the proceeds to Native Like Water. I picked up a few things to encourage this change from their usual Columbus Day sale.

Thanks for the head's up. Picked up Swing Parade, Amanda and the Alien and Jack Frost. A heady brew.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Really enjoying Gymkata halfway in. Making up a new country so the writers could invent new racial stereotypes paid off big time.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Every village should contain a hobby horse for maximum gymnastics in their town square.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of funny how the filmmakers clearly didn't trust the lead to actually act seeing how there are long stretches with no dialog.

Edit: The guy who plays the leader of the made up country (Buck Kartalian) is a Rifftrax veteran. He was also in Octaman and in the Cinematic Titanic riff Legacy of Blood.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Oct 18, 2020

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

One thing Gymkata has going for it is that the whole "village of the crazies" section is an unintentional Bloodborne adaptation.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Is anybody going to see Jack-o this week?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Mister Kingdom posted:

Is anybody going to see Jack-o this week?

The nearest theater is 90 minutes away for me, so no. I can't fuckin believe they're doing this in theaters via Fathom. There's ZERO reason for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I'm 99% sure the reason is because they legally have to put something out there.