Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

Whats goon etiquette on joining a posted DD code? My wife plays this and just wants to see whats up / shop for different stuff, etc. She's really into the Halloween stuff and doesnt want to miss anything.

We dont have good stuff to leave behind (can you even?) Saw above someone was watering plants - we can do that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Most people are pretty chill, just don't go picking every flower on someones island or just taking stuff at random. Most people will just say if they want stuff doing!

You can leave stuff behind but I think most people still playing already have lots of stuff!

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Anyone feel like putting up a dodo code so my wife can come grab 3 yellow roses? She's trying to make some flower cart thing.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

Fun Times! posted:

Anyone feel like putting up a dodo code so my wife can come grab 3 yellow roses? She's trying to make some flower cart thing.

CLOSED

Mau-Mau is open to everyone else as well for candy, costumes and pumpkins. I'll be AFK so thanks for visiting.

SilentChaz fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Oct 19, 2020

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

pumped up for school posted:

Whats goon etiquette on joining a posted DD code? My wife plays this and just wants to see whats up / shop for different stuff, etc. She's really into the Halloween stuff and doesnt want to miss anything.

We dont have good stuff to leave behind (can you even?) Saw above someone was watering plants - we can do that!

Whenever I open, I highly encourage visitors to take anything laying out like DIYs and clothing. I don't need any tips or other stuff left behind, that's how I got my giant mess in the first place! Watering is always appreciated, and I don't even mind if you shake my fruit trees. I don't have roses but I'll try to open up more often again.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
I don't mind at all if non-goons come, just as long as they respect the island (don't trample flowers or take things that aren't posted as up for grabs). I personally don't mind people shaking my fruit trees, as long as they don't strip my island bare. The more the merrier!

Speaking of...

Come visit Rhosyn! It's fall cleaning time, so come and catalog your garbage bins, oil cans, tools and other garage goodies. Also available for cataloging are the floor lights, studio floor lights and studio wall lights. Help yourself to things near the airport, but once you cross the river, it's touch only. There are also various costume pieces for cataloging out as well. I'll be mostly AFK. Buy anything you want at the stores. Dodo: Closed

Bonster fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Oct 19, 2020

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Slugworth posted:

For whatever reason, it's very difficult googling specific flower breeding questions. Every single Google search just brings up the same handful of general flower breeding articles. That being said, if I place 2 flowers next to each other, is there any guarantee that a resulting new flower is definitely crossbred, and not just a clone of one of them? Will they always breed instead of cloning when placed together? Essentially I'm trying to come up with ways of differentiating hybrid flowers from identical looking standard ones.
Yes. If a flower has a viable breeding partner, it will always opt to crossbreed. So if you have two flowers and only two flowers adjacent, they will always produce a hybrid of some description (even if that description is "genetically identical to one parent").

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Bonster posted:

I don't mind at all if non-goons come, just as long as they respect the island (don't trample flowers or take things that aren't posted as up for grabs). I personally don't mind people shaking my fruit trees, as long as they don't strip my island bare. The more the merrier!

Speaking of...

Come visit Rhosyn! It's fall cleaning time, so come and catalog your garbage bins, oil cans, tools and other garage goodies. Also available for cataloging are the floor lights, studio floor lights and studio wall lights. Help yourself to things near the airport, but once you cross the river, it's touch only. There are also various costume pieces for cataloging out as well. I'll be mostly AFK. Buy anything you want at the stores. Dodo: 5Q2KC

Very cool island! Btw there are some metal shelves and a metal wardrobe in one of your houses basements that I've never seen before. Are they craft items?

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

track day bro! posted:

Very cool island! Btw there are some metal shelves and a metal wardrobe in one of your houses basements that I've never seen before. Are they craft items?

I believe they're the iron closet and iron shelves, if they are what I think you're talking about. They're craft items, and they come out black initially. You can customize them otherwise. The metal shelves with all the stuff loaded on them are tool shelves, which are actually out for cataloging.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Bonster posted:

I believe they're the iron closet and iron shelves, if they are what I think you're talking about. They're craft items, and they come out black initially. You can customize them otherwise. The metal shelves with all the stuff loaded on them are tool shelves, which are actually out for cataloging.

Aww darn, so I've still got more diys missing. I can't believe I still haven't got basic furniture diy's even though I've been playing since release. drat you rng!

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

I have a bajillion recipe cards on my beach if you wanna come get some! PM me and I'll open up for you wherever.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
As long as we're talking recipes, if anyone has the ironwood dresser, I'd water the poo poo out of some flowers for it. Or bring a strange amount of pumpkins to your island. I need it for two other recipes, and it's driving me crazy. Months. Months.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Slugworth posted:

As long as we're talking recipes, if anyone has the ironwood dresser, I'd water the poo poo out of some flowers for it. Or bring a strange amount of pumpkins to your island. I need it for two other recipes, and it's driving me crazy. Months. Months.

I don't have it atm, but I can make you as many as you want to tide you over!

pech
Jul 19, 2004

Does anyone want a recipe for spooky lantern and a spooky chair or something? I can make you Halloween stuff too if you need anything

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

If anyone is interested, I've got Tammi the peppy monkey in boxes! She was my first peppy villager so she had the generic peppy house on my island but when she moves to yours she should have her "canon" house.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Looks like I have the falling turnip prices this week. :/

Pretty crappy, as I blew all my money on them... I'm still in the house upgrading loop.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

My decision to center my halloween area around a custom pond design has an unexpected little :spooky: benefit in my island map.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Rageaholic posted:

I didn't even get enough time to know Quillson. Oh well!

Quillson is on my island. Imagine a goon in a duck's body. A Doon?

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Pretty successful evening. Wished on a couple of shooting stars, grabbed a zodiac recipe off Celeste (wish it was a proper meteor shower but this is still good) and finally caught a scorpion for Blathers, with the aid of Lucky helping distract the little bastard.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Dodo code is Closed
We had a bit of a hiccup yesterday, but we're back up for the newest of the Sand Souci Celebration, open daily in Celebration of Halloween!

I am your gracious host Sweet Zombie Honkzus!

The main attraction is The General's Fun Park the biggest attraction in Sand Souci. Come see the various stands and purchase goods, ride on one of our four teacups, perform a spooky show on our updated haunted stage, and of course Visit the World Famous Sand Souci Haunted House ! Six rooms of terror await you, can you survive?
The Rooms Include:

The Forbidden Summons
'The Stiching Room'
Graveyard of Villagers Past
Hell Itself
The Laboratory of Madness
The Church of Resurrection

We're at max spookcapacity right now, any spookier and they'll revoke our spook license If you enjoyed your stay please leave a note on our billboard in the town square

The ables have fancy animal suits for all your dress up needs, and don't forget your candy at nooks!

Rich Uncle Chet fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Oct 20, 2020

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

Slugworth posted:

If you still need the recipe, I probably have a copy of it in the big pile of DIYs cluttering up my island.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Spooky Meteor Shower on Le BonZone today!

closed for the night. Thanks for visiting!

Animal Nose at Abel Sisters

Frita is handing out the DIY for Spooky Candy Set

There's a star viewing platform to the north. Celeste is indeed here! She was last sighted near the campground.

Pick Your Own Pumpkin patch behind Resident Services. If you take a pumpkin, please water it!

Admire all my spooky flowers! The spooky botanical garden in the center, and Witchy Woods in the northwest are both done!

Silver Falcon fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Oct 20, 2020

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I have Cole in boxes. He is a wonderful Lazy dude. I can open up if anybody would like him!

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Metaline posted:

I don't have it atm, but I can make you as many as you want to tide you over!

interpunct posted:

If you still need the recipe, I probably have a copy of it in the big pile of DIYs cluttering up my island.

Bless both your hearts. If either of you has time to open up tonight, I'd really appreciate it. (Or if you can mail stuff to other players? I'm bad at animal crossing, I don't know these things). Let me know what's easiest and if there's anything I can do to thank you. I've got PMs as well if you'd rather pm a dodo code or something.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Mau-Mau is open for candy, costumes and pumpkins!

Dodo Code: CLOSED

Buy what you want at Nooks!

Able sisters have overall dress, retro A-line dress, tight punk outfit, impish horns and more!

Gonzo is making an Ironwood table!

Flowers and fruit are fair game, as are all the costume pieces and extra spooky recipes laying on the ground!

SilentChaz fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Oct 20, 2020

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Poo Island is open for the evening! It's 9am island time so stores are open to shop.

Help yourself to the pumpkins, flowers, seashells, and beaches full of DIY recipe cards.

Touch Zone is now island wide! Well over 200 complete sets of items are here for you to catalogue!

Help yourself to the mystery prizes in front of the airport.

If you have anything from my wishlist handy, I'd love to touch, please!

https://nookplaza.net/lists/56837

EDIT: closed!

Metaline fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Oct 20, 2020

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Metaline posted:

Poo Island is open for the evening! It's 9am island time so stores are open to shop.

Thanks for opening up! your touch pile has considerably cut my list of items I needed to catalog by a significant amount.

The Clowning
Jan 10, 2007
I'm certainly not gonna sign for any more packages with the word "Congo" written in blood.

The Lobster posted:

Looks like I have the falling turnip prices this week. :/

Pretty crappy, as I blew all my money on them... I'm still in the house upgrading loop.

I swear I've never seen a decent turnip price on my island, so my enjoyment of the game went up a lot when I started using TurnipExchange. You might have to queue for a long time, but IMO it's worth it if you've gone all-in for the week.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Are Isabelle and Tom Nook wearing sweaters for the first time today or have I not been paying attention? :v:

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Does Tom Nook give anyone else a "dad from Taz-mania" vibe?

Wait. I guess I should say a "Bob Hope" vibe.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Does Tom Nook give anyone else a "dad from Taz-mania" vibe?

Wait. I guess I should say a "Bob Hope" vibe.

he's not offered me a single tall glass of OJ since I've arrived!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

track day bro! posted:

he's not offered me a single tall glass of OJ since I've arrived!

Try taking a few golf swings. Worst comes to worst, pop on a military uniform. Bob Hope knows what to do.

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

What do you folks mean by cataloguing? Pick up an item on someone else's island then you know how to make it / can buy it at the atm?

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

pumped up for school posted:

What do you folks mean by cataloguing? Pick up an item on someone else's island then you know how to make it / can buy it at the atm?

The second part, yes. Once you’ve touched a piece of (not rare) furniture, clothing, wallpaper, flooring or rug, you can order it for yourself back on your own island. If it’s a constructable piece of furniture though, you’d need the DIY recipe for it.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Come visit scenic Carcosa!

Able's has Mage Hoods, Furry Costumes, and more! Nook's turnips are at 153!

Feel free to take from the DIY pile, there's an Ironwood Cupboard, and Bed in there somewhere!

I'll be open for an hour or so, code is:

7SYLL

Carcosa awaits!

e: thanks for visiting!

Waffle! fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Oct 20, 2020

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

SilentChaz posted:

Are Isabelle and Tom Nook wearing sweaters for the first time today or have I not been paying attention? :v:

For what it is worth, I've feel like I've seen Isabelle wearing a sweater for the first time. Winter beckons! :black101:

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Dodo code is CLOSED

We're down to the final Countodown, as we reach Day 20 of the Sand Souci Celebration, open daily in Celebration of Halloween!

I am your gracious host Stonks, a hunka hunka burning Zombie!

The main attraction is The General's Fun Park the biggest attraction in Sand Souci. Come see the various stands and purchase goods, ride on one of our four teacups, perform a spooky show on our updated haunted stage, and of course Visit the World Famous Sand Souci Haunted House ! Six rooms of terror await you, can you survive?
The Rooms Include:

The Forbidden Summons
'The Stiching Room'
Graveyard of Villagers Past
Hell Itself
The Laboratory of Madness
The Church of Resurrection

We're at max spookcapacity right now, any spookier and they'll revoke our spook license If you enjoyed your stay please leave a note on our billboard in the town square

Kicks is here, with Green and black bat wings!

Anything at nooks is up for purchase, so help yourself

The ables have impish horns for all your dress up needs, and don't forget your candy at nooks!

Rich Uncle Chet fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Oct 21, 2020

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Metaline posted:

Help yourself to the pumpkins, flowers, seashells, and beaches full of DIY recipe cards.

Touch Zone is now island wide! Well over 200 complete sets of items are here for you to catalogue!

Help yourself to the mystery prizes in front of the airport.

If you have anything from my wishlist handy, I'd love to touch, please!

https://nookplaza.net/lists/56837

Open again for the afternoon! Dodo code in PGS. Come say hi and sign the board if the Halloween spirit moves ya.

EDIT: closed!

Metaline fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Oct 21, 2020

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Dodo Code: CKQ2X

Able sisters have flashy round-ear animal hat and dog nose among other things!

Renee is crafting a wooden-block bench!

I recieved extras for the Ironwood cuboard and Ironwood table this morning if anyone needs them!

Help yourself to flowers and fruit if you need them!

Thanks for visiting!

Edit: New code: CLOSED (trying again tomorrow)

SilentChaz fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Oct 21, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

SilentChaz posted:

Dodo Code: CKQ2X

Able sisters have flashy round-ear animal hat and dog nose among other things!

Renee is crafting a wooden-block bench!

I recieved extras for the Ironwood cuboard and Ironwood table this morning if anyone needs them!

Help yourself to flowers and fruit if you need them!

Thanks for visiting!

Was on the island for all of 2 minutes when the whole thing went tits up as someone was flying in.