Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leonyth

Prof. Crocodile posted:

how was dinner? what did you make?

I’m also very curious as to where you are geographically based on when you post? some of our finest yobbers are non-US based and it always makes me happy to wake up and see banter from the other side of the world.

Dinner was good. It was just some meat, mashed potates and mixed peas/corn. Chef I am not, but better than pizza or McDonalds it is.

As to location, I'm actually an australia poster. specifically I live in Tasmania.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

Leonyth posted:

Dinner was good. It was just some meat, mashed potates and mixed peas/corn. Chef I am not, but better than pizza or McDonalds it is.

As to location, I'm actually an australia poster. specifically I live in Tasmania.

oh man I visited Tasmania a few years ago, it's so lovely. where are you?

ty nesamdoom!

Stoner Sloth

Leonyth posted:

hi fellow aussie! (south australian here)

i visited Tasmania many years ago and it was p rad imo, hope you are having a good and chill day despite it being monday

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
Greetings fellow Australian goon! Tasmania is a beautiful area of the world for sure!

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Ass-penny

Hello Leonyth, and also everyone.

I'm not an Aussie, unfortunately. Have fun in the future, friends.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

spooky ghost

hi there, i'm a ghost or something

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Leonyth
I live in Launceston, so fairly quiet all things conisdered.

here's a pic of a nearby park/reserve i took ( back in july apparrently) that I go past anytime I want to go to the IGA (which conveniently is only like a 20 minute walk to and from).

Prof. Crocodile

spooky ghost posted:

hi there, i'm a ghost or something

welcome and chat friend!

itt we share pictures of our pets and talk about our favorite crimes. do you have any pets or crimes to share?

Prof. Crocodile

Leonyth posted:

here's a pic of a nearby park/reserve i took ( back in july apparrently) that I go past anytime I want to go to the IGA (which conveniently is only like a 20 minute walk to and from).

you have a ton of sky there friend.

where i live now the sky is kind of low and gray most of the time. i miss having it stretch out for miles around me. :sigh:

Manifisto

Leonyth posted:

I spent a couple of nights there but unfortunately I don't feel like I got to see much of the city (and I definitely missed this important IGA landmark). I did spend a day driving around the area and got to see some wineries and the batman bridge though, we were just talking about that. I would have been pretty happy to spend more time poking around tasmania, I think I was there for around 2 weeks total which was nice.

ty nesamdoom!

alnilam

I've heard really good things about tasmania which I've also heard some aussies call "tazzy" bc of course they do

Stoner Sloth

international visitors: please note that Tasmania can be confusing to navigate, be sure to ask a friendly local to see their map of tazzy! :evilbuddy:

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Leonyth

Prof. Crocodile posted:

you have a ton of sky there friend.

where i live now the sky is kind of low and gray most of the time. i miss having it stretch out for miles around me. :sigh:

i do often think about how lucky I am to live in an area like this. i'll have to take more pictures when i'm out. I can at least try to share the sights a bit that way.

Stoner Sloth

Leonyth posted:

i do often think about how lucky I am to live in an area like this. i'll have to take more pictures when i'm out. I can at least try to share the sights a bit that way.

please do if you're able to, beautiful part of the country!

Leonyth

Manifisto posted:

I spent a couple of nights there but unfortunately I don't feel like I got to see much of the city (and I definitely missed this important IGA landmark). I did spend a day driving around the area and got to see some wineries and the batman bridge though, we were just talking about that. I would have been pretty happy to spend more time poking around tasmania, I think I was there for around 2 weeks total which was nice.

IGA's nothing special, it's just a supermarket chain, it tends to be smaller and frequently (that i've seen) also do hot takeaway stuff that places like woolworths and coles don't.

also given the size of tas, 2 weeks can cover a lot of ground.

Leonyth

alnilam posted:

I've heard really good things about tasmania which I've also heard some aussies call "tazzy" bc of course they do

this is true. but did you know that people in tassie tend to refer to the rest of the country as "the mainland"?

alnilam

Leonyth posted:

this is true. but did you know that people in tassie tend to refer to the rest of the country as "the mainland"?

I did not but it doesn't surprise me!

I once d8ed someone from melbin and she talked a lot about a cool art museum in tasmania and that's all i know other than it has cool nature, and, AND, a cool new posting pal in byob (that's u)

more falafel please

forums poster

i didn't take any pictures but I made breakfast sandwiches (go to, bacon cooked in the oven, scrambled eggs cooked thin and folded, american cheese, hot sauce, on a toasted buttered martin's potato roll), then ate a microwave burrito snack, then made some Thai basil with chicken thighs

my wife has recently started reintroducing chicken into her diet, but only if it's like sourced from a local farm and stuff, and she won't eat anything with bones or skin. so I've been buying whole birds and breaking them down myself, making stock, rendering some schmaltz from the skin and eating little chicken chicharrones for myself. this was the first time I'd done anything with thighs and it was a success (well, there could have been more heat, the sauce was a little salty, and i would have taken more basil, but the basic idea worked great)

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Leonyth

alnilam posted:

I did not but it doesn't surprise me!

I once d8ed someone from melbin and she talked a lot about a cool art museum in tasmania and that's all i know other than it has cool nature, and, AND, a cool new posting pal in byob (that's u)

thats probably MONA (Museum of Old and New Art) in hobart. It's neat, it's acutally free entry to at least tas residents? maybe all of aus idk. I knoew it was free when I went that one time. Because I've only been there once, I can't confirm but it occasionally changes it's exhibitions around which is interesting.

This is their website, gives all sorts of info if anyone is curious.

xcheopis

more falafel please posted:

i didn't take any pictures but I made breakfast sandwiches (go to, bacon cooked in the oven, scrambled eggs cooked thin and folded, american cheese, hot sauce, on a toasted buttered martin's potato roll), then ate a microwave burrito snack, then made some Thai basil with chicken thighs

my wife has recently started reintroducing chicken into her diet, but only if it's like sourced from a local farm and stuff, and she won't eat anything with bones or skin. so I've been buying whole birds and breaking them down myself, making stock, rendering some schmaltz from the skin and eating little chicken chicharrones for myself. this was the first time I'd done anything with thighs and it was a success (well, there could have been more heat, the sauce was a little salty, and i would have taken more basil, but the basic idea worked great)

Will she also start eating turkey? Ground turkey thigh meat makes for a decent burger.

more falafel please

forums poster

xcheopis posted:

Will she also start eating turkey? Ground turkey thigh meat makes for a decent burger.

yeah, with the same restrictions. we can actually get acceptable ground turkey at the store, it's pricey though. I don't have a meat grinder, but I'd consider getting one if we get to the point of wanting to customize what kind of ground turkey we're getting

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Manifisto

Leonyth posted:

IGA's nothing special, it's just a supermarket chain, it tends to be smaller and frequently (that i've seen) also do hot takeaway stuff that places like woolworths and coles don't.

also given the size of tas, 2 weeks can cover a lot of ground.

haha sorry I knew this, just having fun

I have been to MONA and it was pretty neat, they had multiple of those machines that digest food like a human stomach among other weird and cool things

ya 2 weeks was honestly good. I don't feel cheated, but I also look at the map and see corners that would have been fun to check out. before I traveled there I wasn't aware how popular the cradle lake-mt saint clair hike was, so popular you need to reserve a year in advance apparently. that might be a nice trek to do someday, with a lot of advance planning. I visited both ends of the trail and met various people with great things to say.

ty nesamdoom!

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
Rarity's Talking Points: 19th Oct

- Happy morning, friends
- Think foodpicposting needs to become a BYOB tradition
- Body status: still sore
- It's my birthday! :toot:

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Stoner Sloth

Rarity posted:

- Happy morning, friends

happy birthday friend! :glomp:

hope you have a great day and that you feel better and good call on the foodpicposting!!

Chewbecca

Happy birthday rarity! :tastykake::krakentoot::dance:

Escape From Noise

Rarity posted:

- Happy morning, friends

Happy birthday WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Tear it UP! BYOB STYLE!

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

nut

good morning and happy birthday and hello spooky ghost ! ! !

Leonyth
Oh hey, how nice my uber eats order is on the way... the "latest time" was 9.05 pm.. and now it's almost here at 10.10pm. I am ready for food.

Mcdonalds apparrently took an hour and some change to do something I guess?

nut

ya I used to live in Toronto and delivery services were simply impossible to use on Friday or Saturday and probably everyday now. I’d watch the car with my food do deliveries forever around downtown before daring to drive the 5 min up to my place and the tech help just tells u to wait and maybe gives u 7 dollars a week later

biosterous

happy birfday, rarity!

good morning byob, it is a chilly and rainy fall day today, i am looking forward to coffee

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Escape From Noise

Gonna have to solve the mystery of the package that I was supposed to get yesterday and isn't at the post office. Until then I leave you with this cucumber acting like a banana.

Chewbecca

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Gonna have to solve the mystery of the package that I was supposed to get yesterday and isn't at the post office. Until then I leave you with this cucumber acting like a banana.

:eyepop:

Stoner Sloth

how is this even allowed?? mods!!?!

Escape From Noise

Ngl. I was pretty shook by it

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

Down with this kind of thing

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Stoner Sloth

Rarity posted:

Down with this kind of thing

i love that this post could be for or against it

xcheopis

Rarity posted:

- Happy morning, friends

Happy birthday!!

alnilam

Stoner Sloth posted:

i love that this post could be for or against it

:aaaaa:

ty manifisto

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

Rarity posted:

- Happy morning, friends

Happy Birthday! :marc:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince

nut posted:

ya I used to live in Toronto and delivery services were simply impossible to use on Friday or Saturday and probably everyday now. I’d watch the car with my food do deliveries forever around downtown before daring to drive the 5 min up to my place and the tech help just tells u to wait and maybe gives u 7 dollars a week later

They're pretty efficient now because now they're all suicidal e-bike riders, and there's tons of them because everyone lost their regular job because of covid. And there's tons more restaurants doing takeout because it's the only way to stay afloat because of covid. Also there's less traffic in general downtown because of covid (but there's still too much traffic. I miss lockdown traffic). Hooray for the gig economy I guess. And covid.