Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

If that's true then it's extremely lame. If I wanted some cross-dimensional Spider-Man adventures I'd just rewatch Spider-Verse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

FlamingLiberal posted:

Black Widow getting delayed to next May is going to push a lot of stuff back

As far as theatrical release dates go, obviously. As far as interconnected MCU plot/character continuity and Disney+ series go, it's far from clear that it would directly affect anything besides (according to rumor, anyway) FATWS; it's a prequel about a character who's already dead in present MCU continuity, not Endgame. I guess most likely Hawkeye, but as that hadn't started production, it could in theory be rewritten to remove anything that might spoil Black Widow.

My prediction for now (half just because I want it to be true, only half because I actually believe it, I could be wrong) is that there will not be a third theatrical delay for BW, and that Disney will give up and just put it on Disney+ if a theatrical release doesn't look viable by mid-March or whatever the deadline for deciding that is. Which it almost certainly won't.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hawkeye hasn't even cast Kate Bishop yet and they just put out that call sheet for the supporting cast. I think it even says 2022.

No, Hailee Steinfeld has not been cast, it's just endless rumors.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

amigolupus posted:

If that's true then it's extremely lame. If I wanted some cross-dimensional Spider-Man adventures I'd just rewatch Spider-Verse.

The entire whole next thing in the MCU is multiverses.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I think Disney has said that Falcon and the Winter Soldier had to be delayed because of the Black Widow delay because they have a connection

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

I think Disney has said that Falcon and the Winter Soldier had to be delayed because of the Black Widow delay because they have a connection

Disney definitely hasn't confirmed that, at least I'm 99% certain they haven't, it's just rumor (albeit rumor that is very likely true imo)

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

now, it *is* entirely possible that, say, Loki features appearances by Eternals characters (I haven't seen this rumored anywhere, mind you, it just seems like a plausible enough place for them to show up) and will now have to be delayed until sometime after November 2021, but that wouldn't directly be a result of the Black Widow delay, it's just part of the overall knock-on effects

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
The only thing I heard about the Falcon and Winter Soldier issues, was they had to stop production due to Covid, and they potentially had an issue because the story supposedly dealt with a viral pandemic threat. Potentially forward thinking, but in hindsight, might not be the best time. Of course, the MCU quasi-parallel follows major world historical events anyway to still be relevant, if they were to follow through on that plot, would give them an in to work a modern pandemic back into their general lexicon. Of course, their comic bookness already completely interjected major deviations into their history, but still something to consider.

Aside from the secret/comic history running alongside what was our history, I think it started taking major deviations when Obama had only the one term and William Sadler became President? So like, generally parallel until Tony started doing his Iron Man thing.

Teek fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Oct 15, 2020

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

amigolupus posted:

After Spider-Verse, I feel like I can no longer watch any superhero movie without thinking "I bet this would look much better animated"

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The rumor is that Falcon and the Winter Soldier is sort of adapting the Madbomb story, and it might have been changed to a virus rather than a sonic thing.

But it also might set up Thunderbolts, and it's pretty much confirmed that at least Yelena and Taskmaster show up.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Right and I think that is the report on why BW keeps getting delayed and not moved to Disney+

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

The rumor is that Falcon and the Winter Soldier is sort of adapting the Madbomb story, and it might have been changed to a virus rather than a sonic thing.

But it also might set up Thunderbolts, and it's pretty much confirmed that at least Yelena and Taskmaster show up.

I've been hoping the whole time that we get a Thunderbolts movie or show starring Zemo, Ghost, and Vulture. I doubt Michael Keaton would do it, but we know Zemo is in this show, and Ghost would fit into that world pretty well.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Keaton is apparently in Morbius. Probably a cameo, but you can’t rule anything out

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

Keaton is apparently in Morbius. Probably a cameo, but you can’t rule anything out

He showed up in the last trailer for it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1317134748905594880?s=20

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

The protest over her being too light skinned to play America Chavez has also already started. Not that the casting announcement came with a role. Honestly I'm sort of hoping she's Zelma Stanton.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I think 14 is too young for America Chavez. Zelma would be a cool addition.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

She's the new Dormammu.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

MCU's definitely gonna do Young Avengers.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

theironjef posted:

The protest over her being too light skinned to play America Chavez has also already started. Not that the casting announcement came with a role. Honestly I'm sort of hoping she's Zelma Stanton.

The girl they cast as Ms Marvel "too light skinned" so that's not surprising but isn't America Chavez half black?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She's not, people just saw a single portrait photograph of her.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
It's more likely she's be Nuyorican but she's from an alternate earth so that point is kind of moot.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Sgt. Politeness posted:

The girl they cast as Ms Marvel "too light skinned" so that's not surprising but isn't America Chavez half black?

She's theoretically Afro-Latina, same as Sunspot. But also just like Sunspot, there's art of her with all sorts of skin shades.

FilthyImp posted:

It's more likely she's be Nuyorican but she's from an alternate earth so that point is kind of moot.

So is Miles but if they cast him too light-skinned you can be sure there'd be a huge uproar. Honestly I'm just hoping she's Zelma so this doesn't become the defining fight of the movie.

theironjef fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Oct 17, 2020

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Quote isn't edit

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Not yet 24 hours old but I'm shocked no one brought this up in the thread yet:

Michael B. Jordan to Produce 'Static Shock' Movie

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I had totally forgotten about it being made, but Hulu has a Daimon Hellstrom series and it’s bad

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

FlamingLiberal posted:

I had totally forgotten about it being made, but Hulu has a Daimon Hellstrom series and it’s bad

It's got zero marvel branding, right?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Mostly what I've heard of it was people rightfully upset that Dwayne McDuffie, Denys Cowan et al don't get a mention in their involvement with Static's creation. And I'm pretty sure they will, but it was all about Jordan.

Vince MechMahon posted:

It's got zero marvel branding, right?

Yeah. His sister's not even 'Satana' it's 'Ana.'

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah. His sister's not even 'Satana' it's 'Ana.'

I would put money on there being a dramatic scene where they're fighting a demon or whatever and she says that Ana's short for Satana and suddenly has crazy demon eyes or something.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That would be my hope for it. I'm not too bothered by people saying it starts bad since I suspect if its ANY good it will be in a second half "twist" of embracing the demonic/horror stuff. But I've got pretty low expectations for it. Hulu's Marvel stuff hasn't been great and its basically just some weird thing that survived the old MCU shift into the new one.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The review of it I read said that it doesn't go into the supernatural stuff that much and stays pretty grounded and boring.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, that's the low expectations. Like I don't remember Runaways ever getting out of first gear. But I'll probably convince myself to sit through it in the vain hope something will happen.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, that's the low expectations. Like I don't remember Runaways ever getting out of first gear. But I'll probably convince myself to sit through it in the vain hope something will happen.

I'll probably check it out when it hits D+, but otherwise ugh

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

STAC Goat posted:

That would be my hope for it. I'm not too bothered by people saying it starts bad since I suspect if its ANY good it will be in a second half "twist" of embracing the demonic/horror stuff. But I've got pretty low expectations for it. Hulu's Marvel stuff hasn't been great and its basically just some weird thing that survived the old MCU shift into the new one.

Hey, Runaways is...Runaways, but Cloak & Dagger is great. :colbert:

Although yeah, not exactly optimistic about Helstrom.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

....Who makes a series about the Son of Satan, Damien Hellstorm. And decides that they need to cut out all the Supernatural poo poo.

It's like somebody said I'm going to adapt the Twilight books....but remove all the stuff about Vampires and Werewolves.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

The Question IRL posted:

It's like somebody said I'm going to adapt the Twilight books....but remove all the stuff about Vampires and Werewolves.

so Fifty Shades of Grey then

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

This series comes off like those older movies and series that almost seemed embarrassed of the source material. I thought we had moved past that with superhero stuff but I guess not.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

FlamingLiberal posted:

This series comes off like those older movies and series that almost seemed embarrassed of the source material. I thought we had moved past that with superhero stuff but I guess not.

It's especially weird, considering that even the Hulu stuff had moved past that point, given that the latter seasons of Runaways (and all of Cloak & Dagger) had mystical elements as key plot elements.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The Question IRL posted:

....Who makes a series about the Son of Satan, Damien Hellstorm. And decides that they need to cut out all the Supernatural poo poo.

Oh, Helstrom was going to be the lead into the Adventure Into Fear or whatever the supernatural Marvel initiative was called that was also going to give us Ghost Rider, but that got axed when Marvel TV did. The series is a mountain of subplots to set up for things that won't ever happen and it also operates under the train of thought that too much comic book stuff can scare the straights which I'm going to blame Jeph Loeb for because I can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Soonmot posted:

I'll probably check it out when it hits D+, but otherwise ugh

I wouldn't expect it to ever be on Disney+, it's too TV-MA for their brand

Dawgstar posted:

Oh, Helstrom was going to be the lead into the Adventure Into Fear or whatever the supernatural Marvel initiative was called that was also going to give us Ghost Rider, but that got axed when Marvel TV did. The series is a mountain of subplots to set up for things that won't ever happen and it also operates under the train of thought that too much comic book stuff can scare the straights which I'm going to blame Jeph Loeb for because I can.

IDK how much Loeb is to blame for it personally, but that was definitely a recurring problem with Marvel Television's live-action output (though AoS and Runaways at least somewhat backed away from it after their first seasons). makes me glad that we're done with that poo poo

Barry Convex fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Oct 19, 2020