Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

Just listened to the latest Besties, are there any Star Wars books that are similar to Griffin's pitch? I would read that in a heartbeat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Kazy posted:

Just listened to the latest Besties, are there any Star Wars books that are similar to Griffin's pitch? I would read that in a heartbeat.

I regret to inform you all Star Wars books are bad.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Sankara posted:

I regret to inform you all Star Wars books are bad.

the new Thrawn books are good, drat you :argh:

The Lowdog
Dec 14, 2012
Listening to old episodes of MBMBAM really makes me appreciate the fact that they cut the jumbotron. I realised today that I will now sit through the ads for potential goofs instead of just skipping them as I used to.

The exception is of course "thanks for vibing and keeping it tight. If you need me I'm on my mobile" which was an exceptional jumbotron.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Excuse me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwKgxZ2e23w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_8mgA5MlKI

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

that was a funny jumbotron the first time but then they kept buying it every year.

is there a clip of the Vibing jumbotron

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj5UJ7vdVIw

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

The Power Rangers should unionize

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
They tried. Now we get new ones every season.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
Lord Zedd called in the Pinkertons.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

a challenger approaches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgMbZ8ns5Mc

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

kidcoelacanth posted:

it will never not impress me that justin has looked exactly the same his entire life
Meanwhile Griffin lookin like Max Stirner lol

I know this is a very niche post

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
In today's TAZ, the McElroys discover the Clintorus.

Tom Funk
Feb 19, 2010
I haven't listened to TAZ in a while, but is there a reason they've been releasing on a weekly basis these last few weeks?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
What is the context for this "tiger on the table" pin that they keep advertising? Is this a bit that I forgot about?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

At some point they got a question from someone who recently joined a new workplace, and their new coworkers kept using these weird, never-before-heard idioms. They included “there’s a little hair on that” to mean there’s a little problem with that and “put the tiger on the table and yell at it” to mean acknowledge a problem and confront it head-on.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

Tom Funk posted:

I haven't listened to TAZ in a while, but is there a reason they've been releasing on a weekly basis these last few weeks?

Travis claims it's a mixture of the finale coming and that he's "excited to play DnD." It's likely that they're just trying to get through it as Graduation is pretty unpopular overall, though.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

its cool that the guy whose jumbotron they're making a t-shirt from chose to give his cut to charity, im not sure i would have been selfless enough to give away the free money. also sucks for the next person whose content they use because they will be compared to the first guy who gave his nut away

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Tears In A Vial posted:

its cool that the guy whose jumbotron they're making a t-shirt from chose to give his cut to charity, im not sure i would have been selfless enough to give away the free money. also sucks for the next person whose content they use because they will be compared to the first guy who gave his nut away

You mean I could have been getting paid for giving out nuts this whole time?!?

I really liked the background music in this week's TAZ for Fitzroy showing off his magic skills. Very Zoolander.

e: actually this whole Festo scene is pretty great.

wizzardstaff fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Oct 16, 2020

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
The last couple episodes of TAZG have been pretty good TBH. The first half of last week's episode has maybe been my favorite bit of this whole arc.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I'm catching up on taz, and Justin shutting down the deadpool derail is one of the funniest moments of the whole podcast

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

C-Euro posted:

The last couple episodes of TAZG have been pretty good TBH. The first half of last week's episode has maybe been my favorite bit of this whole arc.

Yeah last few weeks they've been playing some games and the dog fight actually got me loving hooting and hollering

buddhist nudist
May 16, 2019

Crowetron posted:

It makes me depressed because there hasn't been a new Guitar Hero/Rock Band game in like 5 years and we all coulda been shredding up a storm in quarantine :negative:

Yeah, the year where a respiratory plague made parties illegal would have been the best time to release a party game where someone is belting out popular rock songs.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

buddhist nudist posted:

Yeah, the year where a respiratory plague made parties illegal would have been the best time to release a party game where someone is belting out popular rock songs.

Not everyone is quarantining alone, mortimer

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
sometimes there can be a lot of unmarked youtube links flying fast and furious in the thread but I would like to also go on the record as loving this animation of Griffin doing a vampire voice

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

thank you for sharing this, this... this is the clip. this is the one that encapsulates it all.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Incredibly powerful intro today

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

DoombatINC posted:

Extremely good content imo.

Edit: what's the song clip from?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

DoombatINC posted:

Holy gently caress these doofuses

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Bip Roberts posted:

Extremely good content imo.

Edit: what's the song clip from?

I believe Justin said it was intro music that came installed on the soundboard by default.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm not a fan of this episode. It feels like they're running on 2 hours of sleep, caffeine free diet coke, and caffeine pills.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I was dying at the Count Doughnutula stuff, both brothers had Justin in a full court press

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Justin's mic sounds like it's from an episode from 5 years ago for some reason.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Good Listener posted:

Justin's mic sounds like it's from an episode from 5 years ago for some reason.

I kept thinking the same thing. It sounded like he was eating the mic.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

the episode description says they forgot to change their settings back after recording an audiobook

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Ah yep that'd do it. I just clicked play due to being at work and didn't read that haha.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

https://twitter.com/travismcelroy/status/1318696937500102658

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Russ sus

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

travis the kinda guy to leave the pub server when he's not imposter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Ah yes, the Among Us stream that everyone is tuning in for tonight. (AOC is playing with Ilhan Omar, Pokimane, and Hasan Piker tonight.)