Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

howlin rays is really really good

Oh yeah another important thing that happened tonight: The Dodgers passed the Giants again for most NL Pennants with 21 now

:smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
:allears:

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

This is about the only way the pitching makes sense going forward now. Would then give Kershaw normal rest to start game 5, May/Gonsolin extra rest to start game 6 and Buehler normal rest for game 7

https://twitter.com/jonweisman/status/1318072081205010434

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Spoeank posted:

Madison Bumgarner has the best ERA in World Series history and Clayton Kershaw has the worst ERA in playoffs history :) :) :) :)

I understand the urge but you would feel like poo poo if you did this and would be extremely on edge for 2 weeks. This won't be LA's last trip to the WS.

Just wanted to say that this (among many examples) is a perfect encapsulation of why SAS rocks.

Fans of rival teams will tease/taunt each other about baseball all day every day, but also recognize what actually matters and offer genuine sympathy/support when personal life stuff comes up.

Thanks for being a tiny but friendly oasis hidden deep in the punishing desert of online sports discussion.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

bawfuls don't die and don't make your dad die either

that said, go Rays :getin:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Lets go The Rays

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Maybe it's the numbness talking, but I cannot drum up any particular fondness for or hatred against either of these teams, so I am rooting for Baseball. Let's play 7.

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

elentar posted:

Maybe it's the numbness talking, but I cannot drum up any particular fondness for or hatred against either of these teams, so I am rooting for Baseball. Let's play 7.

Extra innings every game too

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
https://twitter.com/indians/status/1318190174761791489?s=21

To be honest, I’m fine with either team winning. I’m rooting for the Rays since they feel like a younger sibling team, but the Dodgers have had that “always the bridesmaid, never the bride” moment for 4, maybe 5 years now.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Teams with small payrolls shouldn't be rewarded with championships. Pay your workers, Rays!

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
https://twitter.com/indians/status/1318190174761791489?s=21

To be honest, I’m fine with either team winning. I’m rooting for the Rays since they feel like a younger sibling team, but the Dodgers have had that “always the bridesmaid, never the bride” moment for 4, maybe 5 years now.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

https://twitter.com/astrosCTH/status/1317811919575748609

Point: Tampa though mostly just gently caress the Rangers

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
Rays are probably the most Mariner-like team to appear in the playoffs so go Rays*, even though I will always have a soft spot for the Dodgers because of Don DeLillo and Pafko at the Wall.

*: not actually Mariner like at all because they are in the WS but still.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I find it fascinating that NLCS MVP Corey Seager had the second WORST cWPA in this series among Dodger hitters (3rd including pitchers)

In terms of championship win probability added, the MVP was Julio Urias, nearly all of which he accumulated in those final 3 shutdown innings.

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Oct 19, 2020

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I hope the Dodgers win because my LA sports fan roommate is going through the worst loving family medical bullshit on the planet in addition to 2020 being 2020, so him getting to see both the Lakers and Dodgers win it all this year would hopefully be a much needed source of joy for him.

Also while the Rays are young and fun I'm annoyed at their team philosophy of "never spend money on players, ever." Meanwhile the Dodgers handed Mookie a gigantic extension in the middle of a pandemic despite basically every other team crying poor.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Good news, this can double as the racist teams' support group too!

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/mlbpa_news/status/1318253451806187521?s=21

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

For a second I thought that said Curt Schilling

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

this is rad!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
that award will be very cool until they give it to Trevor Bauer (who honestly kind of deserves it)

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

This is cool and good. Nice work MLBPA.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Poque posted:

that award will be very cool until they give it to Trevor Bauer (who honestly kind of deserves it)

Ya but he'd also be retired at that point

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Ya but he'd also be retired at that point

Oh I missed former. Hell yeah

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

bawfuls posted:

This is about the only way the pitching makes sense going forward now. Would then give Kershaw normal rest to start game 5, May/Gonsolin extra rest to start game 6 and Buehler normal rest for game 7

https://twitter.com/jonweisman/status/1318072081205010434

In today's column, Dylan H mentioned Dave saying that he likes Julio as the game 3 starter, which I guess means Kershaw and Buehler for games 1 and 2.

I don't like Buehler on short rest with the blister situation, but he only threw 85 in game 6 and I get minimizing the reliance on Gonsolin/May :shrug:.

Vernacular fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Oct 19, 2020

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Start the closer then bring in the real starter in the 2nd or 3rd

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Vernacular posted:

In today's column, Dylan H mentioned Dave saying that he likes Julio as the game 3 starter, which I guess means Kershaw and Buehler for games 1 and 2.

I don't like Buehler on short rest with the blister situation, but he only threw 85 in game 6 and I get minimizing the reliance on Gonsolin/May :shrug:.
yeah I also don't like Buehler on short rest with the blister situation

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Spoeank posted:

Madison Bumgarner has the best ERA in World Series history and Clayton Kershaw has the worst ERA in playoffs history :) :) :) :)

That's pretty funny tbh

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

I'm kind of excited about this matchup (except that both bullpens are spent) but I would have risked the Astros winning a legitimate World Series if I go to see Joe Kelly pitch against them again.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

If the Astros were in this series we'd be running the risk of this one not counting. Thankfully this matchup between the two best teams in baseball definitely counts for real.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Welcome to the asterisk club baby

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I just got another urgent memo saying that the winner this year actually gets two titles since they had to beat more opponents. If the Dodgers win they get 2017 and if the Rays win they get 2018

boroda
Jul 26, 2007

нет усов
Dodgers thoughts, based on only being able to watch snatches of the game while working at Trader Joe's:

May seems to have been taken out of his rhythm by his move to opener/swingman role. Hopefully his 4-5 innings this series are sharper. Or he'll pull a Julio and get a 3 inning win/save.

Julio, Julio, Julio. You've been around forever (7th longest tenured Dodger) and yet you're still only 24. Somehow thank god the shoulder capsule surgery didn't ruin your career, I guess it helps to be 20 when it happened. Looking forward to the 1-2 punch of Buehler-Urias for hopefully years to come.

Kiké - it wasn't quite a threeké like 2017, but you just continue to mash lefties like nobody's business. Add in your defense all over the field, especially 2B, and I hope we hang on to you next year.

And Kersh, I'm glad you didn't pitch in this game. Hoping for a repeat of game 1 of the 2017 WS tomorrow. That said, at this point I'd probably be happy with a bare minimum quality start, even though that would also raise your postseason ERA too lol. Game 5, well, let's just deal with that once we get there.

TL;DR: yay dodgers!

Strelok604
Apr 26, 2020

This is the time of year I regret working nights

At least I can listen to the radio broadcasts while delivering pizza

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Personally I'm going to be rooting for the New York Mets in the World Series this year.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Strelok604 posted:

This is the time of year I regret working nights

At least I can listen to the radio broadcasts while delivering pizza

I hope you're staying safe, friend

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Algund Eenboom posted:

Personally I'm going to be rooting for the New York Mets in the World Series this year.
Glad we have a representative from the Justin Turner superfan club in this thread

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Luhnow did an interview that was just about what you'd expect where the main topic was about how he had nothing to do with the scandal

He did mention that there was a clubhouse employee who was intricately involved who he says he demoted and then once he was fired the employee was promoted back into the clubhouse so I'm sure that'll result in someone digging up a name sooner than later

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Algund Eenboom posted:

I can’t see them losing a single game

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I don't know what all the fuss is about. Clearly the Astros were punished and have learned their lesson. Mean old mister Lunhow is probably just grumpy cause he doesn't have a job now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

bawfuls posted:

I don't know what all the fuss is about. Clearly the Astros were punished and have learned their lesson. Mean old mister Lunhow is probably just grumpy cause he doesn't have a job now.

You make a good point