Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I can't believe the shills at Digital Foundry are loving us again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I'm not gonna read that one guys post but everything points to the xbox running at normal temps and quiet. I bet when an actual playstation is allowed to be in the hands of a real person and not the Sony containment center it'll somehow run hotter than the xbox (but still be in an acceptable range)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Digshitshill Foundryers Edition

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Seltzer posted:

I'm not gonna read that one guys post but everything points to the xbox running at normal temps and quiet. I bet when an actual playstation is allowed to be in the hands of a real person and not the Sony containment center it'll somehow run hotter than the xbox (but still be in an acceptable range)

If its running a game that uses closer to the high end of the psu wattage it probably will.
We need a real benchmarking on like rear end creed valhalla or whatever other multiplat at similar settings before the sweet internet win points can be won.
The df methodology problem lols will have to sustain us

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
Who has been doing the out of the ordinary thing this generation? Xbox giving preview hardware out almost 2 months in advance or Sony waiting until 2 weeks before?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Thom12255 posted:

Who has been doing the out of the ordinary thing this generation? Xbox giving preview hardware out almost 2 months in advance or Sony waiting until 2 weeks before?

both are being unorthodox.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

I can't believe the shills at Digital Foundry are loving us again!

I love that this is a thing. It’s like CNN to conservatives, DF guys are going to be attacked and beaten at the next CEX. drat Liars!!

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
I'd like to see ol Microsoft wriggle their way out of THIS jam!

Ah! well. Nevertheless,

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I’d like 2 see Microsoft sell more than 10 consoles a year

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

ethanol posted:

I’d like 2 see Microsoft sell more than 10 consoles a year

They should maybe make something worth buying.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I should stop buying games because everytime I get one on a sale for like 10 bucks its on gamepass like a month later

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
VERMINTIDE 2 I'M LOOKING IN YOUR DIRECTION

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

are you still addicted to MUT? can you get that through ea play on gp?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
No i bought the year before the current madden late and MUT was already lovely and dumb by the time I got into it and the game was exactly the same so I didnt buy the new madden because its a scam

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Sorry to bother you all with a bit of an off-topic post, but since most Games users just check their bookmarks and nowhere else I'm advertising our new subforum feedback thread in some of our more active threads. If you have anything to say about how Games is being managed, hope on in! If you don't, just ignore this post and I apologize for interrupting your regularly scheduled posting.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I should stop buying games because everytime I get one on a sale for like 10 bucks its on gamepass like a month later

Another tell can be if other games belonging to the same publisher are on Game Pass, for some their entire library is in the game pool.

Also games that turn up free on Epic games store. I've noticed there's been a decent amount of crossover between cross-platform games going free on Epic game store and them appearing on Game Pass and vice-versa.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Fanatic posted:

Another tell can be if other games belonging to the same publisher are on Game Pass, for some their entire library is in the game pool.

Also games that turn up free on Epic games store. I've noticed there's been a decent amount of crossover between cross-platform games going free on Epic game store and them appearing on Game Pass and vice-versa.

yeah they both offer cash upfront

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

yeah they both offer cash upfront

Yeah like pretty much every Devolver game has turned up on Game Pass for instance. Must be their preferred sales strategy now.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
Does anyone still play Titanfall 2? I absolutely loved Titanfall 1, I'm hoping that when EA access joins game pass I can get in some TF2 multiplayer. Imagine it's a bit quiet at the moment though?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Only the best kind of people.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I see you can remote stream your Xbox on the iOS app now. Just tried it and I have the common problem of crackly audio. I also don't seem to be able to stream any 360 games :thunk:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

360 games don't work for streaming, Ive seen people mention that before on android I think. I assume its due to whatever chicanery it does to run it and gain access to the old dashboard.

Im finally ready for Kemco games

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Barudak posted:

360 games don't work for streaming, Ive seen people mention that before on android I think. I assume its due to whatever chicanery it does to run it and gain access to the old dashboard.

Ah dang, OK, thanks. That's basically all I use this thing for

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
Control is one of my favorite games of the generation, and it's incredible how 505 Games have ruined that goodwill with how they are handling Control: Ultimate Edition.

The new problem is that the physical version requires an update to play more than a few minutes of the single-player mode. The update isn't available yet on Xbox One.

https://twitter.com/DoesItPlay1/status/1318535160917331969

What a bummer.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Crafty posted:

Does anyone still play Titanfall 2? I absolutely loved Titanfall 1, I'm hoping that when EA access joins game pass I can get in some TF2 multiplayer. Imagine it's a bit quiet at the moment though?

Its a great game so im sure theres people

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Gonna keep holding out on control because it sounds extremely my jam outside of poo poo awful mods system but 505 has made me keep thinking some new even stupider way to gently caress up my purchase and invalidate my money is coming.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Barudak posted:

Gonna keep holding out on control because it sounds extremely my jam outside of poo poo awful mods system but 505 has made me keep thinking some new even stupider way to gently caress up my purchase and invalidate my money is coming.

I get it. As much as I like the game I find it difficult to recommend because of what the publisher has been doing. It is really disappointing. Control is such a good game!!

EDIT: Halo: The Master Chief Collection is going to be Series X/S optimized.

https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/1318552751085920260

Zerot fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Oct 20, 2020

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Zerot posted:

Halo: The Master Chief Collection is going to be Series X/S optimized.

https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/1318552751085920260

Can't wait to see what disastrous new bugs 343 manage to introduce :allears:

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Good to see their temporal beta testing department paid off

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013

I was hoping they'd do this.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Thom12255 posted:

I was hoping they'd do this.

When some reports were going around last week that several Microsoft-published games were still not working on the Xbox Series X preview units, the games folks mentioned were games we knew had optimized versions on the way and The Master Chief Collection. The only surprise is that it's coming a week after launch, but it's 2020 and I'm not going to hold delays or weird timing against anyone.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

No ray tracing in mcc?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

This is going to sound like a dig, but it's genuinely an honest question; does MCC even run properly yet? When I picked it up, it was completely hosed and every time I checked in it just straight up didn't work right.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah they fixed it like end of last year finally or something like that. Time is hard to gauge these days

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Shirkelton posted:

This is going to sound like a dig, but it's genuinely an honest question; does MCC even run properly yet? When I picked it up, it was completely hosed and every time I checked in it just straight up didn't work right.

Yeah, they fixed it a couple of years after it came out, everything but Reach is pretty good. Purists will complain that Halo 1 is based off of the Gearbox PC port and not the original Xbox game, but Halo 1 has aged worse than 2 or 3 anyway. The last bugbear was Halo Reach audio being hosed up, but they finally got that recently too.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013

Shirkelton posted:

Only remaining problem is Coop online sucks due to netcode but that's Bungie's fault and 343 would have to gut the entire thing to make it work.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

What a fuckin' mess that game was. I might have to pick it up at some point if it actually works properly. I got burned two or three times on that loving thing. gently caress 343, seriously.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

No ray tracing in mcc?

Introducing Ray Tracing to a game that didn't have any originally requires a lot of manual work, because all of a sudden your light sources have to be realistic and have to be reprogrammed in terms of how they work (or if they even ever actually worked as actual lights internally, instead of just being a texture whose surrounding area was programmed to have a certain brightness.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Can't wait to see what disastrous new bugs 343 manage to introduce :allears:

Its the best part of this game, honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Barudak posted:

If you hold out long enough it'll probably make its way to Game Pass like many of 505's other published games have.

That's what I'm holding out for atleast. :cheeky: