Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

LifeSunDeath posted:

ugh could not get through that movie, it was just, very bad.

:yikes:

Tell us what you thought of star wars episode 11 :xd:

poo poo uh new page water check.

Mr. Crow has a new favorite as of 19:40 on Oct 19, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Lodin posted:

Well Foxes are pretty much dogs but flying foxes are bats and they are bugs so who's to know?

Isn't a Fox cat software running on dog hardware?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Mr. Crow posted:

:yikes:

Tell us what you thought of star wars episode 11 :xd:

poo poo uh new page water check.

naw, things like Lost Highway are some of my favorite movies, but lighthouse was grating to me.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Foxes are shithead wild dogs that I wish would stay away from my house. Also they are creepy and the noises they make are creepy too.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

What is the real goon verdict on this movie because from this clip it looks like it owns hard

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Watching it feels like going insane. I love the poo poo out of it.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The Lighthouse is the third best film of the 2010s, after The VVitch and Mad Max Fury Road.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

The Lighthouse is the third best film of the 2010s, after The VVitch and Mad Max Fury Road.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

I’m skeptical of the order but not the choices.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

and 2020 capped that decade off in perfect fashion, being a total loving disaster. Mad Max was incredible though.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Your opinions are a disaster and no one should pay them any mind.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
It will never stop being funny that Trolls World Tour made a shitzillion dollars more than Tenet because Christopher Nolan just HAD to be a pretentious boob.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

bike tory posted:

What is the real goon verdict on this movie because from this clip it looks like it owns hard

I haven't seen it but apparently it is a very strange film and it depends how much you like watching the green goblin and edgar from twilight out-ham each other while being weird.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

It will never stop being funny that Trolls World Tour made a shitzillion dollars more than Tenet because Christopher Nolan just HAD to be a pretentious boob.

Do you think the movies somehow competed for audience?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Trolls World Tour has the benefit of being in theaters just before the US quarantine lockdown went into effect. Credit to Dreamworjs/Universal for putting it on VOD immediately to get added revenue. Meanwhile Nolan was all :qqsay: YoU nEeD tO sEe It In ThE tHe ThEaTrE tO gEt ThE fUlL eXpErIeNcE! :qqsay: * and it barely pulled in $20m opening weekend.
Disney kinda made :20bux: with Mulan but their big announcement that Pixar's Soul will be on Disney+ with no extra charges is likely a smart move (release on Christmas Day, get people to sign up/stay with the subscription).

*IMO I do think that movie worked well in the theater, but I also realize not everybody is willing to risk a public excursion during a global pandemic. Read the room, Nolan.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Seeing Christopher Nolan's Tenent flop is one of the few hopeful signs for the decade.

mind the walrus has a new favorite as of 21:12 on Oct 19, 2020

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
Ok but is it any fuckin good though?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Just Offscreen posted:

Ok but is it any fuckin good though?
I liked it, but it still has some pretty :nolan: things in it (ridiculous plot that falls apart when scrutinized, bad dialogue audio).

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Do you think the movies somehow competed for audience?

I was going to reply yes sarcastically, but the answer actually is yes. Dumb children who love seeing the same poo poo over and over.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I was going to reply yes sarcastically, but the answer actually is yes. Dumb children who love seeing the same poo poo over and over.

So how was Trollz?

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Android Apocalypse posted:

I liked it, but it still has some pretty :nolan: things in it (ridiculous plot that falls apart when scrutinized, bad dialogue audio).

That seems like a no to me.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

3D Megadoodoo posted:

So how was Trollz?

About as good as Prestige, but better than Dark Knight.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

About as good as Prestige, but better than Dark Knight.
Not that high a bar to clear if we're really being honest with ourselves.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I saw TENET in the theatre.

No other groups in the auditorium, so pretty safely

I really enjoyed it and would love to see it again.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxzBHYib2VA

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

https://twitter.com/dunwail/status/1300243977900355586

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Crazy! This random movie looks llike it uses really similar names to the beloved series Avatar: the last air bender.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I have an AMC gift card, and I am concerned that it will be “wasted” if/when they go under.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Dr Christmas posted:

I have an AMC gift card, and I am concerned that it will be “wasted” if/when they go under.

you can rent an amc theatre to yourself for 100 bucks apparently. if you have 9 other friends that a really cheap ticket per person!
https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/17/business/amc-rental-99-trnd/index.html

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
https://twitter.com/davideastUK/status/1318104488213942273

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Lol

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Farmageddon fuckin' rules by the way, I watched it with my kids the other night. Japanese glasses man is on the money.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Android Apocalypse posted:

Trolls World Tour has the benefit of being in theaters just before the US quarantine lockdown went into effect. Credit to Dreamworjs/Universal for putting it on VOD immediately to get added revenue. Meanwhile Nolan was all :qqsay: YoU nEeD tO sEe It In ThE tHe ThEaTrE tO gEt ThE fUlL eXpErIeNcE! :qqsay: * and it barely pulled in $20m opening weekend.
Disney kinda made :20bux: with Mulan but their big announcement that Pixar's Soul will be on Disney+ with no extra charges is likely a smart move (release on Christmas Day, get people to sign up/stay with the subscription).

*IMO I do think that movie worked well in the theater, but I also realize not everybody is willing to risk a public excursion during a global pandemic. Read the room, Nolan.

TWT was released April 10th. After the lockdowns.

According to Wikipedia

quote:

In the U.S., the film made about $60,000 in its opening weekend from 25 drive-in theaters, amid extensive movie theater closures due to restrictions targeted at the COVID-19 pandemic.[36][37] By May 12, despite no official reports, it was estimated the film was approaching $1 million from theatrical grosses.[38] By June 7, the film had amassed $3.6 million from the domestic box office, and likely had been the first place film every weekend since its release.

Going digital was pretty much their only option. I wish movies I wanted to see would do the same instead of delaying.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

bike tory posted:

rydiafan posted:

Watching it feels like going insane. I love the poo poo out of it.

Yeah it’s interesting as gently caress, grab some beers and be ready to get super confused.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbAhU913SSk

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

bike tory posted:

You should watch it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Disney... Mom? Huh?