Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?

GoldStandardConure posted:

this thread has a lot of victorians whinging about everything

gently caress man, this moment in time has got a lot of Victorians everywhere whinging. Half my socials are mad at the government, half are mad at the people mad at the government. Everyone's just kinda cooked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
I wonder why

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Tommunist posted:

I wonder why

dandrews communism, and lack of access to parks and/or lobster dinners

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

dandrews communism, and lack of access to parks and/or lobster dinners

The constant spectre of communism makes me furiously mad and also post on facebook

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
Can’t blame Victorians for being mad. I’ve been able to delete schoos at the pub for months now. I’d loving hate to be in their position.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
hold up. according to crocodile dundee, australians are rough and ready frontier types who overcome all hardships through iconic laconic larrikinism

wheres that sardonic stoicism

wheres the cheeky wink

who even are we

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Sulla Faex posted:

hold up. according to crocodile dundee, australians are rough and ready frontier types who overcome all hardships through iconic laconic larrikinism

wheres the cheeky wink

who even are we

My family are all from Holland sorry

Which means according to auspol lore i should constantly lust for blood

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Sulla Faex posted:

who even are we

weak as piss

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING

Tommunist posted:

My family are all from Holland sorry

Which means according to auspol lore i should constantly lust for blood

lusting for blood is a common symptom of social covid disorder. to know if its malignant you gotta check your woke levels

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Sulla Faex posted:

lusting for blood is a common symptom of social covid disorder. to know if its malignant you gotta check your woke levels

i have social corvid disorder

Electric Wrigglies
Feb 6, 2015

Sulla Faex posted:

wheres the cheeky wink

who even are we

There was a post a few pages ago bemoaning that Australia is lucky/successful despite being a strong "she'll be right" culture. After spending 10 years overseas, I honestly think it is harder to find a country that is more opposite of it than Australia. The best example I can think of is sitting in a car with an Aussie driver overseas - it is a constant stream of the Aussie driver obviously frustrated with the queue jumpers, the speeders, the overloaded cars or bikes, in-proper parking, or many other things that more relaxed cultures don't worry about. People just let in the taxi/SUV that wants to drive up past 25 cars in a line and cut in, keep out of the road of guys in a hurry, not worry about the lady with seven kids on the back seat etc.

Australians love to follow rules and be told what to do, they like rules to be enforced upon others and are unhappiest when someone seems to be getting something via a method unavailable to themselves or breaking a rule that they are too afraid to break themselves. Celestial Scribe going to a park outside of his 5km bubble - who honestly gives a poo poo? It means essentially nothing in the context of Covid except for the general theme that we must all follow the rules. If he gets fined, that sucks to be him and none of us are going to give him sympathy but its not worth going all thread-rage over it.

bobvonunheil
Mar 18, 2007

Board games and tea

i have social corvid disorder

sounds like murder

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Electric Wrigglies posted:

There was a post a few pages ago bemoaning that Australia is lucky/successful despite being a strong "she'll be right" culture. After spending 10 years overseas, I honestly think it is harder to find a country that is more opposite of it than Australia. The best example I can think of is sitting in a car with an Aussie driver overseas - it is a constant stream of the Aussie driver obviously frustrated with the queue jumpers, the speeders, the overloaded cars or bikes, in-proper parking, or many other things that more relaxed cultures don't worry about. People just let in the taxi/SUV that wants to drive up past 25 cars in a line and cut in, keep out of the road of guys in a hurry, not worry about the lady with seven kids on the back seat etc.

Australians love to follow rules and be told what to do, they like rules to be enforced upon others and are unhappiest when someone seems to be getting something via a method unavailable to themselves or breaking a rule that they are too afraid to break themselves. Celestial Scribe going to a park outside of his 5km bubble - who honestly gives a poo poo? It means essentially nothing in the context of Covid except for the general theme that we must all follow the rules. If he gets fined, that sucks to be him and none of us are going to give him sympathy but its not worth going all thread-rage over it.

We are all whiny, thin skinned, impatient, crab bucket assholes.

The problem wasn't CS's behaviour, I mean I'm not going to snitch. It was their attitude that their bad behavior was somehow justified.

If you're going to be a dick fine, but don't tell me you're some noble hero for doing it.

EDIT: It's also nice that I can post "Australians are poo poo" without my post getting removed for hate speech.

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

Electric Wrigglies posted:

I've been in Norway for over a decade now, and honestly you just described this country.. Like the craziest poo poo could happen here and the locals will just shrug it off, and tell me it will work itself out... Us aussies seem to think we're super laid back, but if someone cuts a line or takes their kid outside of the covid bubble, then OH MY GOD loving HELL

Also Aussie drivers are just the loving worst at road rage.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
There is a reason the most effective attack on refugees here is “queue jumpers”

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
There’s a bit of a difference between jumping a queue at BWS and breaching biosecurity because you don’t think they should apply to you.

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

Recoome posted:

There’s a bit of a difference between jumping a queue at BWS and breaching biosecurity because you don’t think they should apply to you.

Gotta get them kids running outside in parks outside your bubble. Why? Cause it’s good for em!

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Recoome posted:

the bws situation is worse

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Australians would piss and moan if you cut into the guillotine line.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Australians are cowards.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Remember Dutton's pre-spill pr campaign where the media used a quote from his wife saying he wasn't a monster?

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
There’s a contradiction in every Australian’s heart between a “fair-go” and “she’ll be right”. How can one reconcile the fact that saying “she’ll be right” to someone breaking the rules is, in fact, denying another a “fair-go”? What would you do if your “fair-go” required her to actually be not right? It is an impossible situation.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Lol you guys are just angry at CS breaking covid rules while the rest of you follow them because you’re not laid back enough. Try being more relaxed gently caress OFF YOU oval office FOLLOW THE loving RULES WITH THE REST OF US SO WE CAN ALL GO OUT AGAIN YOU SELFISH poo poo STAIN

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

what if i'm angry at CS because he posts bad

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
And if you’re going to break the rules don’t post about it in here just to loving annoy people god what a oval office

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Sounds like some Australians need to remember something called Mateship

Breakfast Burrito
Aug 8, 2007

Tommunist posted:

what if i'm angry at CS because he posts bad

just another example, he's breaking good posting rules and here you are being all uptight about it. Just relax man go with the flow it'll be fine, let the angry weirdo post

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Can't find the tweet 'cos the guy's account's locked, but the most real tweet about Australia mindset went something like

"I'm an Australian, this means in my head there is a list of rules that are fine for me to break, and a list of rules that other people should be ultramurdered for breaking. There is some overlap in the two lists."

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

If there was a rule that we all had to make good posts this entire thread would be banned

Breakfast Burrito
Aug 8, 2007

Liberté, égalité and fraternité, or she'll be right, fair go and mateship

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

bell jar posted:

"I'm an Australian, this means in my head there is a list of rules that are fine for me to break, and a list of rules that other people should be ultramurdered for breaking. There is some overlap in the two lists."

I don't think this is uniquely Australian. Seems the yanks have this attitude too.

Most likely just a close-minded, privileged viewpoint that is common when your country is full of FYGM types

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

MysticalMachineGun posted:

I don't think this is uniquely Australian. Seems the yanks have this attitude too.

i mean when you consider that we're culturally the bastard child of Rule Britannia and the US that makes total sense

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

bell jar posted:

Can't find the tweet 'cos the guy's account's locked, but the most real tweet about Australia mindset went something like

Yeah that tweet is spot on.

Like I don’t really care if someone lets their friend in front of them in a queue, but if you try overtake me on the road I’ll run you into a tree.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

EoinCannon posted:

Sounds like some Australians need to remember something called Mateship
I think you'll find we stopped those boats.

Also Dan Andrews 'zinger' on Josh "The Tosser" Frydenburg? :discourse:

RCG had been declared unsuitable for release following conviction for a number of serious sex crimes and was serving a period of indefinite detention. At the time of his death he had been in jail for 28 years and institutionalised most of his life. He was diagnosed with stomach cancer in 2013, after initially refusing extensive testing in 2011. He was made to wear shackles while undergoing palliative care at Royal Perth hospital and the shackles were only removed after he died.

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008

hooman posted:

If you're going to be a dick fine, but don't tell me you're some noble hero for doing it.

I never said this.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

CelestialScribe posted:

I never said this.

What about calling people bootlickers

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008

Tommunist posted:

What about calling people bootlickers

Oh I definitely said that.

But if you have a problem with that I have a CSPAM to show you.

EDIT:

As a side note it's really fuckin weird that this thread which advocates abolishing the police is in favour of so many of these measures that exist purely to make policing easier. Curfew, etc, had no fuckin point except to make it easier to police and fine people.

Anyway it doesn't matter now, I'm happy with the new restrictions and the roadmap so whatever.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

CelestialScribe posted:

As a side note it's really fuckin weird that this thread which advocates abolishing the police is in favour of so many of these measures that exist purely to make policing easier. Curfew, etc, had no fuckin point except to make it easier to police and fine people.

you are intensely stupid

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Shut the gently caress up. Log off please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

CelestialScribe posted:

Oh I definitely said that.

But if you have a problem with that I have a CSPAM to show you.

EDIT:

Anyway it doesn't matter now, I'm happy with the new restrictions and the roadmap so whatever.

Have you heard about this thing called Coronavirus? It's pretty bad!!