Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gantolandon
Aug 19, 2012

Guildencrantz posted:

Back before the 2015 election I met a random older man who explained to me why he votes for PiS. Kaczynski is secretly a Jew, you see, but that's a good thing - he still cares about Poland and wants to make it strong, and as the Jews run the world, he will be able to enlist their help. The path is clear: Poland must ally with the Great Jewish Conspiracy, and together we will be unstoppable.

You can't even begin to argue with that, you just stand there in awe at the fascinating rare species of brain worms.

Asking old men about anything was the best way to get amazing results back then. I remember a guy who told me the PiS electorate is so filled with hate he would like to grab a machine gun and shoot them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Did I also tell you to blabber about our conversations on the internet?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Gantolandon posted:

Asking old men about anything was the best way to get amazing results back then. I remember a guy who told me the PiS electorate is so filled with hate he would like to grab a machine gun and shoot them all.

Anne Frank Funk posted:

Did I also tell you to blabber about our conversations on the internet?

e: lol https://www.mladina.si/201970/kraja-prihodnosti/
the current leading party is trying to "steal" EU money, orban style
EU isn't having any of its poo poo

Truga fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Oct 16, 2020

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Dwesa posted:

The other half was at some point at war with muslim half and BiH always seems to be on a brink of a civil war, so it's not really that surprising.

I do understand that the Christians who were genociding Muslims in Srebrenica wouldn't think of that, but again the majority are Muslims and according to this poll only 41% would marry a Muslim. Either there are a large number of self-loathing Muslims, or sworn to never marry, or the poll is not that accurate.

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

Nenonen posted:

Either there are a large number of self-loathing Muslims

I don't know what to tell you but

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

The head of Anti corruption and criminal organizations unit said that they absolutely must use deadly weapons against Belarus protesters because they are led by the most vile vicious human beings he seen in his career
E: he said we will humanely use deadly weapons, who knows wtf this means. I think L's surroundings are literally lunatics who will kill. I don't know if its a smart idea to remain in this country

Sekenr fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Oct 16, 2020

TearsOfPirates
Jun 11, 2016

Stultior stulto fuisti, qui tabellis crederes! - Idiot of idiots, to trust what is written!

Truga posted:

how can you mention this, but not mention the biggest crime that was never going to be bothered with anyway:

spring lockdown bought us all summer of time to plan for poo poo. they never bothered to and instead insisted on opening up schools while knowing full well children are superspreaders because they're asymptomatic lmfao

we're doing the herd immunity strategy apparently. all the death are going to be on them

Yeah sorry should've posted that too. Also the amount of Taxi drivers that are covidiots is loving concerning jfc.

I legitimately don't want to ever spend my money in one after this night.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Check this bot out.

Oh man, it got worse.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Oct 17, 2020

darthzeta88
May 31, 2013

by Pragmatica
Ukraine politicians getting very friendly with Turkey worries me. Especially with the west starting to stand against Turkey. Germany really trying to virtue signal without trying to conduct sanctions, meanwhile Saudi is boycotting everything Turkey even the coffee . Interesting times.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

I think I was too rash praising the Lufthansa workers union. It is apparently up to indivdual worker whether they wish to do it or not and some are perfectly happy polishing Lukashenko's dickairplane for 20 euros, congrats on integrity! Meanwhile we are being threatened with live firearms
E: also congrats to Lufthansa for keeping your loving contract, very impressive. Every torturous tyrant in the world will likely flock to you, because yep, we will polish every dick in the world unless we are expessly forbidden. Even is the loving plane is covered in blood, we will gently wash it away because you know - job

Sekenr fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Oct 17, 2020

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Hal_2005 posted:

I expect the anti-journalism law will pass before June 2020

2021?

TearsOfPirates
Jun 11, 2016

Stultior stulto fuisti, qui tabellis crederes! - Idiot of idiots, to trust what is written!

Congrats Slovenceljni, you are loving idiots.

Right to make it easier for others to follow:

Measuremants that are required for the red regions:

- Restrictions of movement across regions

- All public events, marriages and religious events are forbidden

- Required wearing of masks

- No sporting events (Apart from the ones in the bigger leagues like PLTS (Soccer) etc)

- All bars and restaurants are closed (apart from the ones selling orders etc)

- At hairdressers and beauty facilities (there's prob a better word for it) only 1 customer inside.

TearsOfPirates fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Oct 17, 2020

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Sekenr posted:

I think I was too rash praising the Lufthansa workers union. It is apparently up to indivdual worker whether they wish to do it or not and some are perfectly happy polishing Lukashenko's dickairplane for 20 euros, congrats on integrity! Meanwhile we are being threatened with live firearms
E: also congrats to Lufthansa for keeping your loving contract, very impressive. Every torturous tyrant in the world will likely flock to you, because yep, we will polish every dick in the world unless we are expessly forbidden. Even is the loving plane is covered in blood, we will gently wash it away because you know - job

Well, that sucks. In my experience, germans are almost always a disappointment, so I guess that proves that.

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006

TearsOfPirates posted:

Congrats Slovenceljni, you are loving idiots.

Right to make it easier for others to follow:

Measuremants that are required for the red regions:

- Restrictions of movement across regions

- All public events, marriages and religious events are forbidden

- Required wearing of masks

- No sporting events (Apart from the ones in the bigger leagues like PLTS (Soccer) etc)

- All bars and restaurants are closed (apart from the ones selling orders etc)

- At hairdressers and beauty facilities (there's prob a better word for it) only 1 customer inside.

ne vem kaj si pričakoval,
spomladi smo imeli svoj shutdown samo zato, ker ga je imela avstrija par dni prej,

folk še zmeri jamra zarad mask in da si ga SDS samo drka na ideologijo ne pomaga kaj dosti

priprav na drugi val pa itak ni blo nobenih

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Well, I saw a banner stating "STOP ARMENIAN TERRORISM" in the bay loving area/ California SF area

TearsOfPirates
Jun 11, 2016

Pajser posted:

ne vem kaj si pričakoval,
spomladi smo imeli svoj shutdown samo zato, ker ga je imela avstrija par dni prej,

folk še zmeri jamra zarad mask in da si ga SDS samo drka na ideologijo ne pomaga kaj dosti

priprav na drugi val pa itak ni blo nobenih

Mislim, da bodo spet vse tovarne zaprli

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Well, I saw a banner stating "STOP ARMENIAN TERRORISM" in the bay loving area/ California SF area

Don't worry, pretty soon Armenian terrorism will disappear along with the Armenians themselves.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Cat Mattress posted:

Don't worry, pretty soon Armenian terrorism will disappear along with the Armenians themselves.

Azerbaijan doesn't kill children just FIGHRING AGED MALES 12-75

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

That's funny, I haven't caught any Azeri signs/banners yet but I'm in SoCal. Caught a "STOP AZERI WAR CRIMES" sign with some other pro-Armenian stuff on the 5.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

So have both sides abandoned last week's cease-fire at this point?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Not So Fast posted:

So have both sides abandoned last week's cease-fire at this point?

Within hours

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

That's a weird way of writing "Ottoman Empire"..

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

alex314 posted:

That's a weird way of writing "Byzantine Empire"..

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

alex314 posted:

That's a weird way of writing "Ottoman Empire"..

Crimea belongs to the Ottomans too, go figure.

Someone tell Erdogan.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Vasukhani posted:

Odessa feels positively haunted. I remember some shop had literal "running of the jew" style "Jewish" figurines in the window.

I was reading about the massacre of russian protestors and leftists in Odessa...like, five years ago lol

https://www.counterpunch.org/2014/05/09/videos-and-photos-of-the-odessan-massacre/

What a hosed up place, I wonder how many people faced any consequences

quote:

0.43-47 “Let us burn those motherf–kers right in the building, f–king faggots”

1.08 Everything around is already burning. Injured people are lying on the ground.

1.18 1.20 Maidan activist Mykola is running and shooting at people, who are trying to escape from the window.

5.40-5.50 attackers throw more fire to the window and then are shouting “GOAL!!!”

6.25 – 7.13 Mykola … is shooting at people who are trying to catch air and are seen from the window.

8.10 Maidan activists are telling each other to go to the backyard, because people are trying to escape from there

8.26 Crowd is shouting “They are escaping! Run to the backyard!”

14.15 People, who are still alive are shouting “Police, you have been bought as scums and all of you will go to prison afterwards!”

14.41 Man from the window is shouting “Citizens of Odessa city, rise up!”

16.40 People start to jump from the window. 2, 3, 4 dead bodies. [Not shown, but only mentioned in the conversation.]

21.00 Still alive girls are shouting from the second and third floor.

23.00 Burning man has fallen from the window. Crowd is happy.

23.20 Anti-nationalist man is lying on the roof. Maidan nazzis are shouting to him “Jump! Glory to the Ukraine!”

darthzeta88
May 31, 2013

by Pragmatica
Massacre would mean it is one sided, Novarusia tried to form to include land all the way from Donestk to Odecca. What a wild time of insurgents riding up , then being disappointed that Ukraine Nationalist decided to fight back. Who knows how many Ukraine nationalists died in the current uncontrolled land. Torture has been documented and just watch the videos of how the separatists treated the people willing to leave their homes peacefully.

Necronormiecon
Mar 12, 2019

Farewell, sweet Nerevar. Better luck on your next incarnation.
Yeah, if you think about it, the Odessa protesters pretty much burned and murdered themselves, darthzeta88

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Structure fires are really good at killing a ton of people, whether you intend to or not. There was partisan fighting in Odessa for days but the vast majority of the deaths happened in that trade union fire

It's like when a bank was burnt in Greece and several employees died. Did most of the protesters go there to kill people? No, but it was used to tar the protest movement

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Flavahbeast posted:

Structure fires are really good at killing a ton of people, whether you intend to or not. There was partisan fighting in Odessa for days but the vast majority of the deaths happened in that trade union fire

It's like when a bank was burnt in Greece and several employees died. Did most of the protesters go there to kill people? No, but it was used to tar the protest movement

I know this thread is full of people going to bat for pretty much anything as long as it vaguely aligns with us foreign policy but thank you for exceeding my expectations.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I'm not 'batting for' the psychos in that crowd but there are a lot of people who use that fire to justify Russia's invasion. If the Ukrainian ogre is really so bloodthirsty, why did you not see similar massacres elsewhere?

Flavahbeast fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Oct 20, 2020

Somaen
Nov 19, 2007

by vyelkin
Lol, weird how that "source" fails to mention that the "pro-russian protestors and leftists" had titushkis with guns shooting into crowds of Ukrainians before the event, which led directly to enraging the crowd and were coordinated by people who mysteriously ran away to Russia after things went to poo poo

Please let us know how concerned you are with this, or if you are batting for pretty much anything as long as it vaguely aligns with russian foreign policy and a chance to frame Ukrainians as neonazi monsters?

Somaen fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Oct 20, 2020

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Soiled Meat
Also they fail to mention that people were able to escape from the building through the protesters until the armed pro-Russians barricaded the exits and forced everybody else to stay.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

here's a dumb question: what exactly is the point of russian cyberwarfare most of the time? i get that hacking could have a specific goal but what is the point of like, hacking the tokyo olympics? what is to be gained? it would kind of spoil the party and cause inconvenience or at most they could make russian athletes' performance look better (but even that seems unlikely when you can just watch the tapes of a performance and determine the winner), so why do it? a lot of cyberattacks seem like they are kind of pointless and just done for the hell of it

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Knowledge of what exactly the antidoping protocol is can be sufficient to stop doping later than others (nearly everyone in medal contention dopes off-season) and still piss clean. That's sufficient to win a couple extra medals which are a propaganda win. Sochi they made sure they could continue doping through the competition, won a record amount of medals, and Putin's rise in popularity allowed him to move on Crimea without fear.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Shibawanko posted:

here's a dumb question: what exactly is the point of russian cyberwarfare most of the time? i get that hacking could have a specific goal but what is the point of like, hacking the tokyo olympics? what is to be gained? it would kind of spoil the party and cause inconvenience or at most they could make russian athletes' performance look better (but even that seems unlikely when you can just watch the tapes of a performance and determine the winner), so why do it? a lot of cyberattacks seem like they are kind of pointless and just done for the hell of it
Russia is not allowed to officially participate at Olympics (and many other similar events) because of its huge doping scandals (state-sponsored doping, of course), so I assume it's purely out of vengeance against "West" and because Kremlin pushes propaganda that Russian athletes were not barred from participation because of doping, but because "West = bad, West wants to hurt Mother Russia, so we must hurt West" and yadda yadda yadda

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Oct 20, 2020

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Shibawanko posted:

Discovering that someone (preferrably someone from US team) passed the doping test in similar conditions where russian athletes failed one might help their war against anti-doping agency.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Russian cyber warfare is also like fifty separate entities of varying skill level and funding and direct government control all pursuing their own agendas. That said a through line of a lot of it is just ruining civic discourse and trust in political or democratic processes in targeted states.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Somaen posted:

Lol, weird how that "source" fails to mention that the "pro-russian protestors and leftists" had titushkis with guns shooting into crowds of Ukrainians before the event, which led directly to enraging the crowd and were coordinated by people who mysteriously ran away to Russia after things went to poo poo

Please let us know how concerned you are with this, or if you are batting for pretty much anything as long as it vaguely aligns with russian foreign policy and a chance to frame Ukrainians as neonazi monsters?

Weird how you fail to mention they were chased into and trapped in that building by loving mobs that were shooting into them, firing flares, and bloodily beating people that tried to escape. This was a pogrom with direct video evidence, this thread has some loving horrifying victim blaming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Attribution of cyber attack is pretty drat hard. Every time there's news that APT(number) group hit some target it's just as likely it could be any other entity that knows how to leave a convincing fingerprint. It's not like Japan lacks enemies in the region.