Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Blow posted:

I've had shrooms at night in the sand dunes at the beach. One oval office rolled down a dune and lost his wallet. We spent a while looking for it to no avail. I said we should come back when it's daylight. We did. Found the wallet!

Who takes their wallet when they go out to take shrooms in nature?

That sounds like asking for trouble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
I just unfucked the tv wifi by unfolding a bunch of wring ribbons as descibed by some stranger on the internet and it made my day

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
my neighbours installed some sprinklers on their nature strip and whoever did the work cut my internet cables

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Isaac posted:

my neighbours installed some sprinklers on their nature strip and whoever did the work cut my internet cables

Sounds like a 'you' problem to me.

thats what your neighbor is going to say.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Isaac posted:

Uh-oh. Are the sprinklers even on their side of the footpath or are they on whatever the equivalent of council land is in the ACT these days?

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
a swearing generator hits paydirt

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Depends on the council but their are certain things you are allowed to do on the nature strip like put in a new tree or something or get permission to put in sprinklers/lights. But Halloween decorations? that's a paddling. Council laws are weird and vary widely for even different bits of the same city.

A while ago the road work guys drove a excavator down half the street's nature strip and squashed every single rainwater drain pipe, they eventually had to come back and fix all of them.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Blow posted:

The tree bent over and deposited me on the ground safe and sound.
so you fell but bounced

Carlos Lantana posted:

a swearing generator hits paydirt

A colleague of mine was drilling some new fencepole holes on his acrage a couple of years ago and didn't realise a previous owner had removed a fence some time in the past and just buried it all a little bit beow the surface. The hole borer grabbed the fence wire and managed to rip it up around his ankle. It did not end well for him, but thankfully he didn't lose his foot, probably because he was wearing his work safety boots. Instead after they glued all the bits of his foot back together he got a little trolley to kneel on and roll around the office on.

Hole borers scare me.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Lolie posted:

Uh-oh. Are the sprinklers even on their side of the footpath or are they on whatever the equivalent of council land is in the ACT these days?

Its on their side. I think ill pass this one into the landlord to handle.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Isaac posted:

Its on their side. I think ill pass this one into the landlord to handle.

There's a specific Aussie shitposter meme for this but I cannot find the thing anywhere

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
very confused by the use of the phrase "nature strip" to refer to a part of property that isn't owned by local gov tbh. Just say "front yard" Also not sure how that would cut your internet unless it was actually the council land. Very weird situation.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i feel like nature strip is specifically the part between the footpath and the road

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

It is.
Sometimes there's a little strip between the boundary and the footpath though.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Maybe its a canberra thing I dont really feel like explaining it

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Caesar Saladin posted:

i feel like nature strip is specifically the part between the footpath and the road

i dunno if this changes from council area to council area but my council makes a big point of defining it as the space between the property line and the road whenever it uses the phrase anywhere. Admittedly I do not actually have footpaths on my street but they do exist out here still

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

Caesar Saladin posted:

Yeah. The bit of council land that isn't the footpath.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I thought nature strip was a waxing term.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

very confused by the use of the phrase "nature strip" to refer to a part of property that isn't owned by local gov tbh. Just say "front yard" Also not sure how that would cut your internet unless it was actually the council land. Very weird situation.

If it's on their side of the footpath, as Isaac said, I get it. I have a pit in the footpath outside my place. The cable runs from there, under my boundary fence and up the side of my block so there's a strip of grass outside my boundary fence but on my side of the footpath where digging could gently caress up my utilities (my electricity and gas run that side, too).

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Halloween is dumb poo poo for fucken seppos.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

ili posted:

Halloween is dumb poo poo for fucken seppos.

I'm hoping covid will keep the trick or treaters at home, but I have my doubts.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Yeah that sucks mate. It's one advantage of where I live, I haven't had trick or treaters turn up in a decade or thereabouts.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i was in america as a little kid and trick or treating is really fun, kids here are missing out

ErKeL
Jun 18, 2013
Mate of mine bought a jar of another mate's piss to fake being clean on a drug test and I want to be smug telling him he's an idiot but I have no idea if anyone gives enough of a poo poo to check that closely.

Thought I'd ask here since I figure this sort of thing has happened to a couple of you before. Has my mate hosed himself?

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

create some kind of syringe device connected to a tube that runs along the underside of your dick so it looks like you're pissing if they have a look

ErKeL
Jun 18, 2013
He's managed to get it sent off without comically spilling piss all over himself so he's already defied my original expectations.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Caesar Saladin posted:

i was in america as a little kid and trick or treating is really fun, kids here are missing out

Yeah honestly Halloween would be one part of seppo culture I wouldn't mind us stealing.

We'd have to do it at the end of April though. It's hot and light well into the evening at the end of October in Perth and gently caress getting into a costume when it's 30+.

ErKeL
Jun 18, 2013
Halloween earlier in the year would be pretty good.

She's way too close to Christmas.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

A Sometimes Food posted:

Yeah honestly Halloween would be one part of seppo culture I wouldn't mind us stealing.

We'd have to do it at the end of April though. It's hot and light well into the evening at the end of October in Perth and gently caress getting into a costume when it's 30+.

you'd also have to get rid of the whole automatic "get hosed mate" thing that australians have going on

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Caesar Saladin posted:

In the US it's a lot more than kids just knocking on doors wanting lollies, though.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

ErKeL posted:

Halloween earlier in the year would be pretty good.

She's way too close to Christmas.

Steal Summerween from Gravity Falls

Lolie posted:

In the US it's a lot more than kids just knocking on doors wanting lollies, though.

It's an excuse to dress up in costumes and throw parties, watch scary movies and decorate your place, what's not to like? It's got something for everyone. People whining about it being American are the biggest loving sooks. (and it's not even American!)

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

nothing more australian than hating children having fun

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Halloween is good.

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?
When I was a kid, Halloween was nothing more than a good excuse to declare war on the kids down the street and throw eggs at their house once it got dark. Now I'm old, I don't care for Halloween much but my kid gets so bloody excited about it that it's hard not to be endeared by that.

Also there's a house a few streets over that builds a full on scary maze thing going through their backyard that you can walk through. They charge $5 entry per person and donate all the money to the hospital at the end. I took my then five year old through it last year at her insistence, thinking it would be kinda hokey and lame but hey it's for a good cause so ok.

Well. My kid got the ever loving poo poo scared out of her and cried the whole walk home. I got a few new grey hairs and almost peed my pants as there was a dude that jumped out of nowhere right at the end revving a chainsaw, then when you laughed and turned away another guy jumped out of the dark at you and blasted you in the face with a leaf blower. Also I saw a couple of teenagers come out after us that were bawling their eyes out and screaming.

My kid wants to go again this year, but I'm gonna let her Dad walk her through this time :eek:

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007

well why not posted:

nothing more australian than hating children having fun

Lol for real—it seems to be a big thing here this year and i am all for it **but please dont spread the ‘rona**

Only bit I’m a bit freaked out by is the fairly realistic spider webs ; not so much fun when theres real spiders all over the place but ok

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It's an excuse to dress up in costumes and throw parties, watch scary movies and decorate your place, what's not to like? It's got something for everyone. People whining about it being American are the biggest loving sooks. (and it's not even American!)

The Irish didn't drop nukes on Japan and occupy Europe. What we emulate in Australia is absolutely American.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

australia is a country where neighbours who have lived near eachother for years still glare at eachother and just wait for the moment where they finally get a chance to tell eachother to get hosed

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Don't like the way the Saturday nearest to halloween becomes a proxy Halloween for pubs. If you don't have the temerity to dress up and sink piss on a school night you can still do it on the weekend like a lame boomer just don't steal Halloween to do it

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Big Willy Style posted:

The Irish didn't drop nukes on Japan and occupy Europe. What we emulate in Australia is absolutely American.

uh what

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Caesar Saladin posted:

australia is a country where neighbours who have lived near eachother for years still glare at eachother and just wait for the moment where they finally get a chance to tell eachother to get hosed

I have a set of these and a set that I tell my deepest hopes and dreams to in joking anecdote form. Living the dream. Perfect balance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I'm confused about the 'occupied Europe part' for sure too but the rest I think makes sense in an old oval office at the pub having a rant framing