Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
lol?
lol
lol!
View Results

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

akadajet posted:

went to see exactly what the mob is defending in qcs and looool

fyads handling it well too

Long Waffle Beard posted:

lol j of yp is a human being friend of the family who must be murdered with prejudice

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
that guy died recently btw

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

fyad mer lik som......................fyfan

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

i'll give fyad credit for trying to invent themselves as the subforum for parody rules-lawyering an imagined forums constitution. kind of makes it clearer that the slurs were part of a broader sovcit chud persona.

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka
amazing self own by Jeffrey in buying these forums. look forward to following his gradual dissent into madness and destitution as he attempts to tame the goon beast lol

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

vodkat posted:

amazing self own by Jeffrey in buying these forums. look forward to following his gradual dissent into madness and destitution as he attempts to tame the goon beast lol

he's courting your mum?

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

3D Megadoodoo posted:

he's courting your mum?

lmao

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

i'll give fyad credit for trying to invent themselves as the subforum for parody rules-lawyering an imagined forums constitution. kind of makes it clearer that the slurs were part of a broader sovcit chud persona.

lol. seriously.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

he's courting your mum?

lol

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

3D Megadoodoo posted:

he's courting your mum?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
the real answer to wanting your friend to be able to post again would be just having someone pony up $10 and buy them another account or give them one of your parachutes- because chances are the mods/jeffrey will simply ignore it and you can return to :justpost: until the next time you annoy the wrong person

Permabans in most cases were literally just "If you randomly annoy the wrong mod you get to pay a $10 posting tax", this is nothing new.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

that guy died recently btw

yeah RIP

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

3D Megadoodoo posted:

he's courting your mum?

lmao

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

3D Megadoodoo posted:

he's courting your mum?

:drat:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

vodkat posted:

dissent into madness

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Fabricated posted:

the real answer to wanting your friend to be able to post again would be just having someone pony up $10 and buy them another account or give them one of your parachutes- because chances are the mods/jeffrey will simply ignore it and you can return to :justpost: until the next time you annoy the wrong person

Permabans in most cases were literally just "If you randomly annoy the wrong mod you get to pay a $10 posting tax", this is nothing new.

this already happened once for the poster they're up in arms about, then the rereg was made IK or something, that's when jeffrey banned the rereg and they all lost their poo poo

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Yeah a Ban is the ten buck idiot tax, a Perma is meant to be we don't want you here any more and any future alts / parachutes will also be banned without notice.

I've said it before but I'm kinda glad JoYP made the code change so Lowtax couldn't just nuke the whole FYAD archive (but lomarf at we don't burn the library of alexandria) - that poo poo needs to stay a public record of all the bigotposts over the years

20 years from now: "Senator Smugg Whiteman, I have some printouts I'd like you to take a look at"

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

doesn't even look like you can re-reg now if you're banned lol

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
the store has been offline for a week, so nope

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Yeah a Ban is the ten buck idiot tax, a Perma is meant to be we don't want you here any more and any future alts / parachutes will also be banned without notice.

I've said it before but I'm kinda glad JoYP made the code change so Lowtax couldn't just nuke the whole FYAD archive (but lomarf at we don't burn the library of alexandria) - that poo poo needs to stay a public record of all the bigotposts over the years

20 years from now: "Senator Smugg Whiteman, I have some printouts I'd like you to take a look at"

it was just a joke chill out

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
nmn just doesn't get it

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

but what about superficially similar thing that happened in a totally different context and didn't receive the same punishment? hmmm????

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i'm not going to say they're wrong for pointing out when extremely specific death threats, torture fantasies, and genocide denial get basically a slap on the wrist

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i couldn't even follow the train of posting that far

it's all so tiresome.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

turns out you can completely ignore it and nothing will be any different, so feel free to do that

there's no reason to even be aware of these things, and they don't matter in the least. if it doesn't make you lol, then just keep on keepin on.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
You can't punish me until you punish everyone else first.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

infernal machines posted:

turns out you can completely ignore it and nothing will be any different, so feel free to do that

there's no reason to even be aware of these things, and they don't matter in the least. if it doesn't make you lol, then just keep on keepin on.

this is true for most things irl too, it's a pro attitude to have if u wanna reduce stress inyour life

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

Counterpoint: lol

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

delete fyad? but whatabout c-spam!

yes

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Fabricated posted:

parachute and staying under the radar would work if fyad didn’t reject anyone who isn’t already part of their clique but since you have to identify yourself to not get run out of there it’s one of the few places that a permaban can stick. contrast that to here, where if someone like you or me started posting under a different account we could probably get away with it for years as long as we didn’t out ourselves or develop a persona that we just couldn’t abandon.

to be fair, this situation could probably happen to any clique that can’t get over themselves so take it as a cautionary tale regardless of the outcome.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Midjack posted:

where if someone like you or me started posting under a different account we could probably get away with it for years as long as we didn’t out ourselves or develop a persona that we just couldn’t abandon.

i started posting in yospos in 2009 but had to switch to this new account because a nosy coworker found out about it and I didn't want my work finding out I was Always Online

anyway can confirm, nobody gives a poo poo here. nobody noticed (also because my posts are bad)

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless
Speaking of which, I'm surprised fishmech hasn't come stomping back under an alt

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

TerminalRaptor posted:

Speaking of which, I'm surprised fishmech hasn't come stomping back under an alt

They tried to fly over the North Pole, didn't go well, :(

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

fishmech was a terrible poster who made the forums noticeably worse with their presence, getting permad for having hosted a mirror of some weird goon thing 15 years ago was odd though.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

fishmech was a terrible poster who made the forums noticeably worse with their presence, getting permad for having hosted a mirror of some weird goon thing 15 years ago was odd though.

someone compared it to to al capone and tax evasion. the mirror of naked goon photos was dumb though

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I only vaguely remember the whole thing: was it a scrape/mirror/archive that ended up having homegroan en passant or was it more "Welcome to Fishmech's Home of Nekkid Curvy Goonettes"?

:confused:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

akadajet posted:

someone compared it to to al capone and tax evasion.

lol

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

TerminalRaptor posted:

slashie has come back a few times already lol

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Schadenboner posted:

I only vaguely remember the whole thing: was it a scrape/mirror/archive that ended up having homegroan en passant or was it more "Welcome to Fishmech's Home of Nekkid Curvy Goonettes"?

:confused:

The former I think, but when you have folks just looking for a reason for you to be gone...

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

one day they'll come for us too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

one day they'll come for us too

Being universally acclaimed as the best poster in YOSPOS is my anti-drug.