Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

I wonder if he is one of those people who do not wipe he own rear end because that's gay.

e: 255 is the maximum number representable by an unsigned 8-bit byte

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense
I guess he can't keep his whites white enough and has to buy new ones.
Racist's white socks & pants, because socks for normies are actually very very very light grey

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

"Actually, it translates to 'The Jews, The'".

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

Yvonmukluk posted:

Wait, how can you vote for multiple slates? Doesn't that kind of defeat the point?

The slates contain 6 people, while 9 will be elected.

The reason for 6-member slates is that under STV it is essential to get enough high preferences to stay in through the elimination rounds. That's why everyone should put the grassroots slate first, then other lefties.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
gently caress sake I was sure Liverpool was going to declare independence first. I've already burned my passport and national insurance card and everything

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Also re: posh student chat from earlier, Mrs Ghost lived with a girl who used to put on those big thick elbow length rubber gloves to get food out of the freezer because she was frightened of it. I think she thought that they were full of liquid nitrogen and had never had cause to use one but I never thought to ask. My first year was in 2009-10 and while every student in the country was getting swept up in Cleggmania she would tell everyone that she was voting Conservative because they'd bring back fox hunting. That was her one key issue

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I was the only one to avoid cleggamania cause I'd been burnt by Obama by that point so had learned the art of "listen to what theyre actually saying, not what you want to hear"

I do remember watching the results come in with my flatmate and her going "so I just voted for the tories then?"

yep

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I keep getting Facebook ads for Luke Akehurst's slate. Facebook ads seemed designed to make me mad

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Communist Thoughts posted:

I was the only one to avoid cleggamania cause I'd been burnt by Obama by that point so had learned the art of "listen to what theyre actually saying, not what you want to hear"

I do remember watching the results come in with my flatmate and her going "so I just voted for the tories then?"

yep

Part of me would genuinely be fascinated to see what the outcome would have been if either the Tories or Labour could have had a majority in coalition with the Libs, or if only Labour could have.

It's an interesting counterfactual to consider.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

forkboy84 posted:

Facebook seems designed to make me mad

Ftfy, no hyperbole

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/PaulBrandITV/status/1318555379345797128
lol the government is now threatening to withdraw lockdown support from their own loving city to try and spite Andy Burnham.

This is basically another step down the Trump path, isn't it? Vote for a Labour mayor and we'll just openly defund your city, gently caress everyone who lives there, should vote Tory next time.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yeah like literally, if you're mad you're posting and if you're posting that's engagement.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

jabby posted:

lol the government is now threatening to withdraw lockdown support from their own loving city to try and spite Andy Burnham.

This is basically another step down the Trump path, isn't it? Vote for a Labour mayor and we'll just openly defund your city, gently caress everyone who lives there, should vote Tory next time.

The trick is to vote opposite. Get Tory councillor and a Lab MP and they will forever be confused and try to one-up the other.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

i left labour but they still sent me a ballot, best of both worlds

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

"Vote for us because we're going to win anyway, and when we do we'll take revenge on anyone who didn't vote for us" is certainly an interesting approach to democracy.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

OwlFancier posted:

Yeah like literally, if you're mad you're posting and if you're posting that's engagement.

If you're making a stink
at acquaintances' links,
That's Engagement!

If you're smashing your screen
when your dad vents his spleen,
That's Engagement!

When your feed's full of news
about secretive Jews,
That's Engagement!

When you're yelling at boomers
and yelled at by zoomers,
ENGAGEMENT!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's the right wing ethos boiled down to its bare essentials.

Bobstar posted:

If you're making a stink
at acquaintances' links,
That's Engagement!

That's Engagement!

about secretive Jews,
That's Engagement!

ENGAGEMENT!

:golfclap:

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

https://twitter.com/dawnhfoster/status/1318561818068062214?s=21

Am enjoying this bit of levity today

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

jabby posted:

Thing is the Greater Manchester region includes the constituencies of people like Graham Brady, and pissing him off is a crazy thing for a Tory PM to do.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/DawnHFoster/status/1318561818068062214?s=19

Amazing

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

jabby posted:

Hard to imagine it working though, the US is big and remote enough that you can play people in California off against people in Florida or w/e, but Manchester is really not very far from Westminster.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Failed Imagineer posted:

Ftfy, no hyperbole

I mostly just use it to shitpost with people and swap music recs from forums that closed

I want to kiss this basic research. loving credulous morons.

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Anyone know how legally binding a “pay letter” is advising a new salary is?

Got a promotion last month that involved new responsibilities. Signed and returned the job description form, and the letter with my new salary.

Paid today, and the monthly salary x12 is £1k less than the letter. HR are now telling me that the letter was wrong due to a typo.

In the meantime, I’ve been using the higher amount from the letter in mortgage paperwork, so I’m pretty pissed off. HR have told me there’s nothing they can do...

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Bobstar posted:

If you're making a stink
at acquaintances' links,
That's Engagement!

That's Engagement!

about secretive Jews,
That's Engagement!

ENGAGEMENT!
:perfect:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Pantsmaster Bill posted:

Got a promotion last month that involved new responsibilities. Signed and returned the job description form, and the letter with my new salary.

Paid today, and the monthly salary x12 is £1k less than the letter. HR are now telling me that the letter was wrong due to a typo.

In the meantime, I’ve been using the higher amount from the letter in mortgage paperwork, so I’m pretty pissed off. HR have told me there’s nothing they can do...

have you got anything signed by both parties with the figure on?

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Pantsmaster Bill posted:

for unilateral contract error (one of the two parties believes what is written to be correct while the other does not) the burden of proof is on the employer to demonstrate what was the common intention to be represented in the contract. I imagine the outcome here is that the contract will be considered inadmissible and will have to be rewritten since a key element of what it is agreed upon has been incorrectly recorded.

always remember that HR are not your friend or acting in your interests

e: misread, thought you were getting a grand a month less than you should.

kecske fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Oct 20, 2020

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Pantsmaster Bill posted:

Would you have taken the new role at the lower salary?

If yes, there's probably not much you can do.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Pantsmaster Bill posted:

Spoken to your union?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

> Eat boss

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

I mostly just use it to shitpost with people and swap music recs from forums that closed

I want to kiss this basic research. loving credulous morons.

Sky did an extensive background check, but unfortunately his face was in the foreground.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
tell them ok but you'll do a bit less work to compensate

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Communist Thoughts posted:

i left labour but they still sent me a ballot, best of both worlds

Lol, me too. I guess there's no reason not to vote, if they're explicitly inviting me to :laugh:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

thespaceinvader posted:

Part of me would genuinely be fascinated to see what the outcome would have been if either the Tories or Labour could have had a majority in coalition with the Libs, or if only Labour could have.

It's an interesting counterfactual to consider.
The libs are fascinating because in either situation they are going to come out looking like shitheads. In coalition with the tories they failed to rein them in and ended up looking like cunts for that.

But in a lib/lab conflab (which was the phrase going around at the time), they still would have looked like shitheads by having to be the grownups and tell Labour 'no you can't have that nice thing because guardian readers don't like it.'

Part of me wonders if sir Keith's vacillating is not to appease wandering tories, but to appease the Lib Dems in case they need to campaign for a coalition next time. Which again is loving pointless, because given the choice the Libs will always go Tory.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/1318579895816126464
If true, they've pulled £38 million that they were willing to give, purely because Burnham wouldn't endorse the deal.

e:
https://twitter.com/alexpartridge87/status/1318580265967640577

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

justcola posted:

Manchester is in Tier 3 lockdown with no financial support from the government. Welcome 2 the famous 'red wall' where people are squirrels and voted tonty blair once.

I mean Manchester was never the 'red wall', it's a bit further up than the East Midlands you know, and being a major city it isn't comprised solely of retired 'working class' gammon houseowners.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

its fun seeing the tories turn the visible collapse of the UK into a left right issue we can all endlessly argue about

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGfFGf0sqqu/

e: oh instagram doesn't embed, but I assume this was only posted in response to that weird tweet a few pages back

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Tories are fairly shameless bastards.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Christ Scotland needs to enter into negotiations about their independence from the UK right away, the Tories negotiators don't know how to do anything except piss everyone off and ruin whatever their overall goals are so they'd be their own country by next month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

LOL that Boris is still acting like serving a pint with a curry somehow means it is safer to be in a pub. loving morons.

Capitalism was such a mistake.