Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

FFT posted:

for an unreasonable stretch of my life '96 to '99 i would encourage my parents to get toys for my younger siblings at toys r us so i could play NiGHTS on the demo saturn

probably could have convinced them to just get a saturn but even then i was like "what, a whole system for two games worth a drat? nah, what a waste"

(panzer dragoon when)

I still own a functional Saturn and I will have you know that there are four games worth a drat.

Jokes aside, while I regret getting a Saturn before a PS1, it has a good number of excellent games that everyone forgets due to the failure of the system. Bit like the Wii U, which I love, in that regard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs and Kingdom New Lands are free on EGS this week

Next week is Costume Quest 2 and Layers of Fear 2

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

JustJeff88 posted:

I still own a functional Saturn and I will have you know that there are four games worth a drat.

Jokes aside, while I regret getting a Saturn before a PS1, it has a good number of excellent games that everyone forgets due to the failure of the system. Bit like the Wii U, which I love, in that regard.
bring back clockwork knight

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

The 7th Guest posted:

bring back clockwork knight

Saturn Bomberman was top hole.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
Apologies for double-posting, but I wanted to thank the thread again for mentioning the Nights promotion. I thought that I could get that on Switch (apparently Steam only), but still chuffed. I actually *have* gotten that to work under emulation, but nice nevertheless.

To pay it forward, I wanted to remind that free on Epic this week is Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs and Kingdom: New Lands.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I'm not seeing a place to link my Steam account to get Nights... is it just the sign up thing?

EDIT: Never mind, I'm a loving idiot.

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Oct 15, 2020

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Ghost Sweeper is the next Indiegala Freebie.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

JazzFlight posted:

Solid username/avatar/post.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
More Sega freebies, should you be willing to let them sap and impurify all of your precious bodily fluids peek at your cheevos: Company Of Heroes 2: Southern Fronts DLC

EDIT: Also, Total War: SHOGUN 2's Battle of Kawagoe DLC is just free to claim on the Steam store if you own the game. Which you probably do since it was given away for free a while ago.

The Kins fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Oct 16, 2020

JammyB
May 23, 2001

I slept with Mary and Joseph never found out
More Sega... Sonic 2 is free on Steam.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Stick It To The Man has landed in The Bezos Hole over at Twitch.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Sega's second free mini-game is out today: Endless Zone, Fantasy Zone in the Endless universe of strategy games.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

JammyB posted:

More Sega... Sonic 2 is free on Steam.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Today is the 3rd free Sega giveaway, with Streets of Kamurocho, a 2D beat-em up set in the Yakuza universe.

Also, Dyna Bomb is the next Indiegala Freebie.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

FanaticalMilk posted:

Today is the 3rd free Sega giveaway, with Streets of Kamurocho, a 2D beat-em up set in the Yakuza universe.

For anyone yet to play this: it's a slightly-janky-feeling spriteswapped version of the first level of SOR 2 that loops after the boss and gradually gets harder until the third loop, and all 3 player characters are reskins of Axel. It's not BAD, but when you consider that the full SOR2 is like, a buck, it's kinda not really worth your time.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Breetai posted:

For anyone yet to play this: it's a slightly-janky-feeling spriteswapped version of the first level of SOR 2 that loops after the boss and gradually gets harder until the third loop, and all 3 player characters are reskins of Axel. It's not BAD, but when you consider that the full SOR2 is like, a buck, it's kinda not really worth your time.

The upcoming Golden Axe prototype however is an actual prototype that one person put their blood, sweat and tears into it only to get mercilessly shot down.

(first tweet of a chain)
https://twitter.com/ironicaccount/status/1316622918248349696

https://twitter.com/ironicaccount/status/1316670641358086145

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Mierenneuker posted:

The upcoming Golden Axe prototype however is an actual prototype that one person put their blood, sweat and tears into it only to get mercilessly shot down.

Two people, at least. And Sega did at least apologize and took the remarks about being janky and broken off the store description.

Though, none of the team (who are now Witch Beam I think) can figure out who they reached out to at all.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

kirbysuperstar posted:

Though, none of the team (who are now Witch Beam I think) can figure out who they reached out to at all.
The development studio is listed as The Eccentric Ape, who previously did the PC port of Catherine Classic. Their website is pretty barebones, but it links to their corporate LinkedIn, which lists them as being based in the same city that Sega Studios Australia was (Brisbane), with at least two former Sega devs. So there's my bet.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

The Kins posted:

The development studio is listed as The Eccentric Ape, who previously did the PC port of Catherine Classic. Their website is pretty barebones, but it links to their corporate LinkedIn, which lists them as being based in the same city that Sega Studios Australia was (Brisbane), with at least two former Sega devs. So there's my bet.

Ah, I did look Eccentric Ape up and saw that they were in Brisbane, but I didn't put two and two together with the Sega Studios thing. I think you might be right on that, then.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1318546043970088960?s=21

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

FanaticalMilk posted:

Also, Dyna Bomb is the next Indiegala Freebie.

Saoshyant posted:

Sega's second free mini-game is out today: Endless Zone, Fantasy Zone in the Endless universe of strategy games.

Both of these links are dead

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Both of these links are dead

Because they are no longer available. These 4 small games were only there for a very limited time.

Edit: VVV Ah, the ol' Codename: Gordon approach. That's nice to know.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Oct 20, 2020

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

For anyone who missed out those four Sega mini game freebies, you can actually still install/claim them due to how Steam works. Just use those links:

steam://install/1368440
steam://install/1368450
steam://install/1368430
steam://install/1368460

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Saoshyant posted:

For anyone who missed out those four Sega mini game freebies, you can actually still install/claim them due to how Steam works. Just use those links:

Thanks! I missed out on the Golden Axe one. :tipshat:

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

The next Indiegala Freebie is Dashing Dinos

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Saoshyant posted:

How neat, thanks!

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

:sicknasty:

Sweet, I am super lazy with checking steam every day or even this thread

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Copperbell is the next Indiegala Freebie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0UzBnyEk9A

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

Saoshyant posted:

you rule -- thank you!!!

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Costume Quest 2 and Layers Of Fear 2 are free on EGS this week

Blair Witch and Ghostbusters: Remastered next week

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Oh poo poo Ghostbusters hell yeah

E: is that layers of fear game spooky? Wouldn't mind a horror game this close to halloween if it's good

site fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Oct 22, 2020

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Nice, I've almost bought Ghostbusters a few times.

Also a reminder that if, like me, you didn't use your Epic coupon last sale it expires in 9 days.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Also a reminder that if, like me, you didn't use your Epic coupon last sale it expires in 9 days.

Thanks for the reminder. There is apparently a Halloween sale on now: https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/discover/halloween-sale

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

site posted:

Oh poo poo Ghostbusters hell yeah

E: is that layers of fear game spooky? Wouldn't mind a horror game this close to halloween if it's good

It's firmly "okay." It's basically a theme park haunted house simulator where you wander around and scripted events happen around you, with some very basic puzzle solving/exploration. There's some neat imagery, but nothing particularly terrifying imo, and it drags on longer than it needs to.

e: I'd say at the price of "free" it's worth your time

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Ghostbusters was one of the last games I ever pre-ordered through GameStop. They had Dan Aykroyd record a message to let you know that the game was ready for pick-up. It made my day to get a call out of the blue and Ray Stanz starts excitedly telling me my copy of Ghostbusters was waiting for me. It's a fine game with lots of fun easter eggs. Gets a little repetitive towards the end, but it really felt like a proper Ghostbusters sequel. My only actual complaint with the original was Bill Murray's audio sounded super quiet compared to the other three. Guess I'll find out if that was fixed in the remaster.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Mutant Headcrab posted:

Ghostbusters was one of the last games I ever pre-ordered through GameStop. They had Dan Aykroyd record a message to let you know that the game was ready for pick-up. It made my day to get a call out of the blue and Ray Stanz starts excitedly telling me my copy of Ghostbusters was waiting for me. It's a fine game with lots of fun easter eggs. Gets a little repetitive towards the end, but it really felt like a proper Ghostbusters sequel. My only actual complaint with the original was Bill Murray's audio sounded super quiet compared to the other three. Guess I'll find out if that was fixed in the remaster.

Bill supposedly recorded his lines at a golf course iirc

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
GB is a good time if you're a fan. I still have my DVD copy of the original but I haven't been able to play it cuz my new laptop doesn't have a disc drive, so I'm definitely gonna actually play this one

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Mutant Headcrab posted:

Your copy of Ghostbusters is available. And don't forget to buy crystal skull vodka.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
It wasn't a bad game but the constant arena fights got a bit tiresome by the end and there were a few spots where I had no idea what to do next so I would spend 15 minutes bumbling around while Venkman constantly yells at me to hurry it up. I think the worst part was they stuck in a self-insert character but gave him no personality whatsoever and adds nothing to the story but since the game was designed for 4 character they had to have one the guys constantly run off to go to the bathroom or whatever. Still, it's the closest we'll ever get to a Ghostbusters 3 and well worth a playthrough despite it's flaws.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Ghostbusters was fun and the art style for the new ghosts holds up.

Also RIP Harold Ramis. The last showing of the true Egon.