Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

We trust you as author, twoday

Oh, and I got your kickstarter update, you'll be pleased to know (?) that all the "projects like this" suggestions are children's books

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
i want mine to be a stack of sloppily printed jpegs on A4 paper bound together with a stapler that doesn't really get all the way through the stack of paper so there's another staple on the back going the other way in a ramshackle attempt to hold it together, much like my psyche.

Ayin
Jan 6, 2010

Have a great day.

tangy yet delightful posted:

I like the off-white parchment color that your pages seem to have in the pictures that you have taken, that would be my preference but whatever results will be dope so do it up maestro.
:same:

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

i want mine to be a stack of sloppily printed jpegs on A4 paper bound together with a stapler that doesn't really get all the way through the stack of paper so there's another staple on the back going the other way in a ramshackle attempt to hold it together, much like my psyche.

:hmmyes: like every school assignment i've ever submitted

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Dancer posted:

Possibly also artificially replicate coffee and/or tear and/or mold stains.

Sorta like the Book of G'Kar

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Nebakenezzer posted:

We trust you as author, twoday

Oh, and I got your kickstarter update, you'll be pleased to know (?) that all the "projects like this" suggestions are children's books

I got this:
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...ff_picks_newest
TAUR!

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

I like the off-white parchment color that your pages seem to have in the pictures that you have taken, that would be my preference but whatever results will be dope so do it up maestro.

n-thing

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

that's the fancy edition

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
humbly submitted for epigraph consideration:

(set to the tune of Iris Dement's "Let The Mystery Be")

🎵everybody's wondering 'bout what and where trumo came from

everybody's worried 'bout where he's gonna go when the whole thing's done

but no poll knows for certain, so it's all the same to me

think I'll jest, let the mystery be🎵

ex post facho has issued a correction as of 14:55 on Oct 21, 2020

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
off-white parchment color imo

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I still think it should be inked in human blood

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

:hmmyes:

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Trump, at a rally: "If I cry, then you won't love me anymore."

Also the final debate is happening? That's kinda messed up in of itself

I'm glad there is art, because I find myself at a loss for words at how bad this is. It's like we all started watching this play that we all know well, a classic, and the lead is Tump, and he's drunk or having a nervous breakdown or a psychotic break, and everybody in the audience deduces all this quickly and it's funny for awhile, as this stumpfuck dummy flails about, forgetting his lines, eating mcdonalds on stage, but that was in the first act, and now we are in the final act and everybody else on stage has been pretending it's fine from the start, and now the audience anger has shifted from the vile crazy man to everybody else, who for reasons unknown is just running the play as normal and barely reacting to the poo poo-rage man in the center

Like UNDERSTUDYS motherfuckers, they exist, we know they exist, why are you not using them or calling off the play for the night

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Because politics is so gauche, much better to vote for the Trumpelganger with a D by his name and go back to brunch.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
This is probably too positive and non irony-poisoned to be added to the book (which I say with all the love in the world), so twoday, can I commission you to make a poster or something with the quote "Let this radicalize you and not lead you to despair"? I feel like despite the mismatch with a lot of your other work, it would suit your graphical style well.

Dancer has issued a correction as of 01:32 on Oct 22, 2020

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
It could be a pull-out poster on the last page ~~or~~ a fold-in ala Mad Magazine.

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?

Dancer posted:

This is probably too positive and non irony-poisoned to be added to the book (which I say with all the love in the world), so twoday, can I commission you to make a poster or something with the quote "Let this radicalize you and not lead you to despair"? I feel like despite the mismatch with a lot of your other work, it would suit your graphical style well.
this except the cross it out and write TRMLUP over it.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

fyi when trump got covid that guy got so depressed he loving died

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Fasting, I thought?

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

I still think it should be inked in human blood

I keep telling him to include his BCG-ridden blood in the book so we can all share the wondrous vaccine

twoday
May 4, 2005

Dancer posted:

Hmm, maybe

I will think about this

Sorry for lack of updates recently, I’ve been busy as hell, have been scanning stuff though

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

twoday posted:

Hmm, maybe

I will think about this

Sorry for lack of updates recently, I’ve been busy as hell, have been scanning stuff though

No apology needed, comrade! We appreciate your craftsmanship.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Book of CSPAM Friday supplement:

Seth Myers on Trump releasing a video of himself in an interview embarrassing himself like...Donald Trump

Monsterium on Slender Man

Monsterium on Dracula

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

PS: lol please draw the Obamagate

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

Obama knows the gate. Obama is the gate. Obama is the key and guardian of the gate.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

What's his CSPAM account name?

Dancer
May 23, 2011

etalian posted:

What's his CSPAM account name?

Well in any case he's perma'd now.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Nebakenezzer posted:

PS: lol please draw the Obamagate

The Obamagate sends smug lecture and whispers from the Fade "Just Vote!"

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

etalian posted:

The Obamagate sends smug lecture and whispers from the Fade "Just Vote!"

lol

I dunno, then it's confusing IMO, as it represents a sorta real thing instead of this made-up non-thing from Trump's brain

It's pretty much mirroring + partisanship, "Obama MUST be the worst person in American history because Fox news says so and Jesus! look at all the heinous poo poo I've done, and I'm literally the best person ever"

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

So the latest American Presidents Totalus Rankium they start on Herbert Hoover. The hosts come to a surprising conclusion: he's sort of like a competent trump (a oxymoron, I know). Hoover didn't give much of a poo poo about conventional politics, being much more focused on implementing effective policy. There are some other similarities: racist, an outsider to politics who got invited in with no previous experience, everybody *hated* working with him, likely a ten on the toxic masculinity scale, but he's also a inverse-Trump, since he actually was a self made millionaire, and as much as everybody hated Hoover, they did admit he did a hell of a job. (Note: the episode ran to his election as president, the next episode is actually about the Hoover presidency, so "hell of a job", ah, may not apply. )

I've also been reading "Children of Immature Parents" and at one point it mentions that immature parents when they play favorites often pick the immature child (easier to relate to), or the child who fits a stated role best. Fred Trump of course picked Donald, and they used to both mock older brother Frank, who of course became an airline pilot instead of joining Fred Trump's real estate firm.

Frank also became an alcoholic and died from it

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nebakenezzer posted:

(Note: the episode ran to his election as president, the next episode is actually about the Hoover presidency, so "hell of a job", ah, may not apply. )

Ah yeah I was going to say, the literal million Mexican-Americans he deported, or the people in the Bonus army, or the residents of the many Hoovervilles probably didn't think he did a hell of a job. Or, you know, with a different intonation :v:

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

ekuNNN posted:

Ah yeah I was going to say, the literal million Mexican-Americans he deported, or the people in the Bonus army, or the residents of the many Hoovervilles probably didn't think he did a hell of a job. Or, you know, with a different intonation :v:

Well now I'm stoaked for the next episode

An object like the Obamagate: that invisible lovely bling accordion Trump plays while he talks

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Tubgoat posted:

It could be a pull-out poster on the last page ~~or~~ a fold-in ala Mad Magazine.

I know exactly what I'm picking if I get something commissioned.

twoday
May 4, 2005

I think I am gonna distribute the books myself

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

twoday posted:

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

twoday posted:

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Oh for fucks sake is that seriously a mechanic in the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013