Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Cool the spiders dug the temple when I hadn't even aggro'd them or went into the jungle and wasted a great run. cool & fun mechanic.

If there would be a "That's Noita!" GIF this would be a place for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smith Comma John
Nov 21, 2007

Human being for president.

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Cool the spiders dug the temple when I hadn't even aggro'd them or went into the jungle and wasted a great run. cool & fun mechanic.

That happened to me on my favorite run so far, and god skeleton killed me while I frantically tried to reassemble the wands I was working on. Maybe they should upgrade the worm crystal in the holy mountain to a bug crystal?

Now it brings me great joy to chase down and terminate the leggy bastards with extreme prejudice

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Der Shovel posted:

Don't drink and buzzsaw.

https://i.imgur.com/jKoINQe.mp4

Also, I have weaponized bees.

https://i.imgur.com/KJ7s8qq.mp4

The idea of someone getting to the end of the current level, let alone the end of the game, using the buzzsaws (let alone with a modifier) is utterly foreign to me. They are so so easy to hit yourself with and do so much damage.

Getting a wand with min cast delays and sticking one of the starter damage spells on it definitely seems like the safest way to play

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

You can pick up the repulsion perk and put some flight path modifiers on giga saws. They also dig through all substances pretty well - better on the backswing where they will stay in one spot.

They are also one of a few spells that work as is for a speedrun boss killer.

You can put modifiers on your bees, too. It owns.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

pointsofdata posted:

The idea of someone getting to the end of the current level, let alone the end of the game, using the buzzsaws (let alone with a modifier) is utterly foreign to me. They are so so easy to hit yourself with and do so much damage.

The smaller ones deal great damage compared to the other common spells you find in the first few levels and are relatively safe as long as you're careful. Giga buzzsaws are absolutely suicidal and in 100+ hours I don't think I've ever made a wand that uses them without also killing myself after a few seconds.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

dyzzy posted:

There are some spells that have to be found once first iirc. Some come from the orbs, others from secrets

I always wondered that, since they get replaced with an HP up in future runs. Is that definitely true? I know also that the (new in 1.0) pillars on top of the big tree track secret stuff and the different endings you've achieved

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I love how so many Noita deaths could just be called hubris.mp4

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

TeaJay posted:

If there would be a "That's Noita!" GIF this would be a place for it

:noita:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Ciaphas posted:

I love how so many Noita deaths could just be called hubris.mp4

#JustWitchThings

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

The smaller ones deal great damage compared to the other common spells you find in the first few levels and are relatively safe as long as you're careful. Giga buzzsaws are absolutely suicidal and in 100+ hours I don't think I've ever made a wand that uses them without also killing myself after a few seconds.

I love the smaller saws as long as they're not on a high spread wand. Just gotta be careful about the extra fluids from enemies you kill with them when you're fighting firebugs and other things.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Is it only me that feels fungal caverns aren't worth even visitng any more. The quality of wands vs the strength of the monsters, plus now the new humid modifier means that if you get lucky and find a black hole to crack into the steel encased wands they go about 2 milimetres, plus the wand is going to suck.

Pro: chance you find a Nuke wand
Con: chance a Nuke wand finds you

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Homing modifiers on saw blades works well to keep them away from you.

Sultan Tarquin posted:

This may not be the game for you, friend.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Yeah, you need to be able to laugh at your own hideous misfortune. Just a couple of minutes ago I learned that the piercing shot modifier will apparently make shots pierce you as well :lol:

Stoca Zola
Jun 28, 2008

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

This may not be the game for you, friend.

Conversely, there are many mods available to tweak the experience so you can play the game in a way that better suits you. You can set it to start the game with the Peace with the Gods perk using Goki's Things to create a starter load out for example. There are so many ways to play and enjoy the game.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Speaking of things that're fun and also make the game easier, highly recommend the mod that just gives you Edit Wands Everywhere by default.

It's obviously a different experience but I think it still feels pretty good, you can make progress and get used to what good combos are on the fly and build up other skills

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I will always love Giga Disc, no matter how horribly dangerous it is.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

eke out posted:

Speaking of things that're fun and also make the game easier, highly recommend the mod that just gives you Edit Wands Everywhere by default.

It's obviously a different experience but I think it still feels pretty good, you can make progress and get used to what good combos are on the fly and build up other skills

Yeah I use this and it makes the game a lot of fun because you can experiment with many different combinations.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

eke out posted:

yeah I used this in beta and I've been playing vanilla in 1.0 just to soak it up but I'll probably enable it again -- I absolutely respect the fun and risk of rolling with the wands the game gives you, but wandcrafting is by far my favorite part of the experience and having a little more versatility to do so is great.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Stoca Zola posted:

Conversely, there are many mods available to tweak the experience so you can play the game in a way that better suits you. You can set it to start the game with the Peace with the Gods perk using Goki's Things to create a starter load out for example. There are so many ways to play and enjoy the game.

Got a link to the Peace with the Gods perk? Had yet another run ruined by it, this time after naively passing up Peace with the Gods in favor of Permanent Shield.

DarkestLite
Feb 27, 2007

"Can we fix it?"
"No, it's fucked."
"Oh! Glass Canon! Goons love that one. Let's loving go."

Stoca Zola
Jun 28, 2008

CodfishCartographer posted:

Got a link to the Peace with the Gods perk? Had yet another run ruined by it, this time after naively passing up Peace with the Gods in favor of Permanent Shield.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1975079109

Goki's things adds a ton of stuff but the best part is you can turn it all off except for the parts you want. If you edit the load outs so that one starts with that perk, then disable all the other load outs, that should work. I haven't checked if Goki's is up to date with 1.0 yet to be honest but some of the other mods I was using just worked and Goki is a very active dev so I felt like it was a safe assumption.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
Wand 1: Splitter Bolt (1)
Wand 2: Rain Cloud
Flask: Water

Slightly random starting loadouts are fun, but good grief you can get some real stinkers. :geno:

Also, the telekinetic kick perk is absolutely hilarious when you're just casually punting bombs and body parts around.

nekoxid
Mar 17, 2009

nekoxid posted:

Well I guess it's some sort of a bug then? Before the 1.0 update it worked fine.
After the update it was greyed out with the message that I should turn the online on in the options (it was on).
After the hotfix I have a 'connection error' message.

So uh about this problem I have/had with not being able to access the Daily Run.
Turning the Online features off actually fixed the problem and now I can play do the daily run. :psyduck:
(Also now if I want to turn the Online features back to on (to see if it locks me out of it again), the game just freezes, so something is still not okay with it).

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!

DarkestLite posted:

"Oh! Glass Canon! Goons love that one. Let's loving go."

Love the egg flying up at the end. “And I helped!”

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Telekinetic kick is so cool even if it results in the occasional barrel exploding in my face

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

https://i.imgur.com/nt5Mm1o.mp4 i was expecting to die when i fired this but not like this

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

A witch always expects to die, and rarely predicts how.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

So this is something odd. I cannot actually continue a game. I know I didn't die last night; I saved it for today and only had the option for a new run.

Ghost of Babyhead
Jun 28, 2008
Grimey Drawer
When I picked up the 'necromancy' modifier, I was assuming that dead enemies would reanimate and fight for me - instead I end up orbited by bleeding chunks of meat which have their own melee attacks.

On another note - the furthest down I've travelled is the Temple of the Art. How many more levels are there if I were to keep going down?

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Just below where you were is the end of the game. And there's more stuff below that.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Ghost of Babyhead posted:

When I picked up the 'necromancy' modifier, I was assuming that dead enemies would reanimate and fight for me - instead I end up orbited by bleeding chunks of meat which have their own melee attacks.

On another note - the furthest down I've travelled is the Temple of the Art. How many more levels are there if I were to keep going down?

Technically that's the end, once you take the portal at the bottom of Temple of the Art it's a straight shot to the final boss. I say "technically" because if you have a way to get through the sea of lava under the boss arena you can dig down into Hell, which loops indefinitely.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Stoca Zola posted:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1975079109

Goki's things adds a ton of stuff but the best part is you can turn it all off except for the parts you want. If you edit the load outs so that one starts with that perk, then disable all the other load outs, that should work. I haven't checked if Goki's is up to date with 1.0 yet to be honest but some of the other mods I was using just worked and Goki is a very active dev so I felt like it was a safe assumption.

Sweet, but wow there's a lot of stuff there, I'll have to make sure to turn it all off except for some of the minor quality of life stuff

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I gotta say, not being certain to start with some water is a total buzzkill

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I am allowed to vent about bullshit sometimes :colbert: But now this run i have peace with gods and a double cast lightning bolt. Nothing can go wrong.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Sultan Tarquin posted:

I am allowed to vent about bullshit sometimes :colbert: But now this run i have peace with gods and a double cast lightning bolt. Nothing can go wrong.

You are already dead.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

dis astranagant posted:

You are already dead.

Absolute and completely true. Hissi base is a bastard.

Now I have lightning bolt again and this time it won't go horribly wrong I can feel it. It's really one of the best spells.

Sultan Tarquin fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Oct 22, 2020

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I think Angry Ghost may be my new favorite perk. It follows you, is invincible, and will shoot projectiles at enemies that get nearby with a surprisingly fast rate of fire. The projectile it shoots is a copy of whatever is shot most recently near it - so most often your own projectile, but can also copy enemy ones, making the fungal caverns very easy. Yes, it can copy ANY projectile, meaning it can just poop out endless bombs if enemies are nearby.

Today I learned that if you drink berserkium with the perk, the ghost will begin shooting wildly.

https://i.imgur.com/6EfD5L5.mp4

CodfishCartographer fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Oct 22, 2020

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Got this complete and utter nonsense from the first shop

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

CodfishCartographer posted:

I think Angry Ghost may be my new favorite perk. [spoilers]It follows you, is invincible, and will shoot projectiles at enemies that get nearby with a surprisingly fast rate of fire. The projectile it shoots is a copy of whatever is shot most recently near it - so most often your own projectile, but can also copy enemy ones, making the fungal caverns very easy. Yes, it can copy ANY projectile, meaning it can just poop out endless bombs if enemies are nearby.[/spoiler]

Today I learned that if you drink berserkium with the perk, the ghost will begin shooting wildly.

https://i.imgur.com/6EfD5L5.mp4

Shooting right at you, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Yeah if it's like other allied unit behavior, iirc being charmed or berserked will make it consider you hostile. Kinda lovely imo but the more you know