Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Sickening posted:

You spoke pretty confidently for someone who didn't know what the gently caress they were talking about.

It turns out I was wrong about something I thought I knew more about than I did. This is a recurring problem with human beings. Being an rear end in a top hat to someone who admits they were wrong is also a recurring problem with human beings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

iospace posted:

Part of me thinks it was to make a Thera-like region. The problem is as you say, plus you can't even set your med clone there. You have no precise control over what system you end up getting pulled to using filaments (you can, however, do a specific constellation or system "type" [border/internal/home]), and using a filament to get out, you either get a nearby k-space or a random Trig minor victory.

It did shake the map up a bit, which is cool. Annoying because logistics, but cool.

I love the idea of a Thera region. But I'll be damned if I'm going to grind standings in EVE Online. They should put in some EDENCOM dog tags I can buy or something so I can just spend money. Don't the trigs like money? I can give them some.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

e: dumb question

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Rutibex posted:

I love the idea of a Thera region. But I'll be damned if I'm going to grind standings in EVE Online. They should put in some EDENCOM dog tags I can buy or something so I can just spend money. Don't the trigs like money? I can give them some.

Not being able to throw money at a problem is really antithetical to EVE Online.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

so can I join ISRAD yet or what?

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
stoned Ganesha bee = best bee

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Jazzzzz posted:

stoned Ganesha bee = best bee

these karmafleet guys are alright

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

Rutibex posted:

I was pretty sure there would be tags. The Trigs do talk a lot about proving grounds and stuff though, so I could understand if it was a case of needing to do something combat related (even if that would be a pain in the rear end for logi alts). But what doesn't make sense is the total lack of options. The Trigs can communicate, so why can't they just tell people what they want?

I do get the feeling that it's just not finished yet. This is basically early access for people who got Trig standings from the invasions, and hopefully there will be some other methods for people arriving soon.

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

beep-boop, I'm a Nummy Bacon Bot. I scrape your posts for bacon points!

To get your current bacon points message me with !bacon_points

To opt out of collecting nummy bacon points, just put me on ignore!
Droneland's Superiority Represent

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Querious D Goose, will you please go?

Your gimmick is losing its shine and I think the thread can only handle so much of it.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

dragonshardz posted:

Your gimmick is losing its shine and I think the thread can only handle so much of it.

Everytime you ask this, I will badposts 10 times as much with no other purpose than to make you stfu about telling others to stop posting.

It starts now.

Subjects will be: Atlantis, My dead cats, my dead dog, the birds I both love and hate, and any other thing non eve related that will make you beg for DGC to come back and badposts about the war.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Dalael posted:

Everytime you ask this, I will badposts 10 times as much with no other purpose than to make you stfu about telling others to stop posting.

It starts now.

Subjects will be: Atlantis, My dead cats, my dead dog, the birds I both love and hate, and any other thing non eve related that will make you beg for DGC to come back and badposts about the war.

no thanks

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Jazzzzz posted:

no thanks

Its not optional, sorry :shrug:

*edit: Unles syou're one of those who use the ignore option and if that's the case lol @ you

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Dalael posted:

Everytime you ask this, I will badposts 10 times as much

joining a monkey in a poo poo flinging doesnt really accomplish what u think it does

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

joining a monkey in a poo poo flinging doesnt really accomplish what u think it does

No but I gave you guys a choice. Stop being manbabies who :qq: because badposting offends you or suffer through much, much worse posting. And you know I'm able to.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
DCG :justpost:
You're wrong about it all, but :justpost: anyway

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
:justpost: and threadshitting are different things, chief

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Anyone here try boiled ribs?

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
keep posting my dude im right about to give up

Warrior Princess
Sep 29, 2014

What?

iospace posted:

Anyone here try boiled ribs?

ive had boiled ribeye steak before

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Jazzzzz posted:

:justpost: and threadshitting are different things, chief

Gonna be entirely honest and put the gimmick aside:

DGC is doing exactly what this thread is about. Discuss EVE, shitposts about EVE and do propaganda about EVE. What he's doing, is at the very least EVE related. What we've been doing for the last 6 years, or at the very leasts ince I joined SA is slinging poo poo at each other based on old stupid grudges that are barely remembered by most parties and whom only tryhards really give a poo poo about.

DGC is a breath of fresh air and I for one can't wait to sling poo poo at him about this war for the next 6 years.

*edit: Also gently caress you all for making me go to bat for a papi member, now i need to scrub myself in an acid shower.

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

dragonshardz posted:

You are butt blasted about me posting my high trig and edencom standing after blitzing drone structures (which is now an exploit according to CCP)

EDIT: let me say that again. I DID SOMETHING WHICH IS NOW CONSIDERED AN EXPLOIT. And you chose to get buttshafted about me posting on this thread.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

DGC773 posted:

You are butt blasted about me posting my high trig and edencom standing after blitzing drone structures (which is now an exploit according to CCP)

EDIT: let me say that again. I DID SOMETHING WHICH IS NOW CONSIDERED AN EXPLOIT. And you chose to get buttshafted about me posting on this thread.

Why do you already make me regret defending you? Ffs

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Dalael posted:

putting your eggs in the dumbass basket usually ends up in broken eggs

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

DGC773 posted:

I mean, PAPI gets exploits turned on and off at whim, says there are no goons.

BoB Mk 2 confirmed.

edit: Kenzoku and IT don't count.

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

Dalael posted:

Sorry bro, and thank you

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

The goose is fine, and what’s good for the goose is good for the gander.

Just post in goondom.

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

what a long, strange trip it's been.

I find the etymology of "butt" terms to be fascinating.
For example:

butt-hurt
butt-mad
butt-blasted

And the more vulgar but donkey-adjacent version:

rear end-blasted.

Never heard anyone be rear end-hurt though. Hmm

Do the various ways to convey the same concept via variations of "butt+verb/adjective" interest anyone else?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

You know what? I miss the days of stations showing up on dotlan with stupid names.

And GoT spoilers for PL ones.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Dalael posted:

It starts now.

Your badposting has the redeeming value of being amusing and even a little charming. Bring it on.

DGC773 posted:

I don't give a flying gently caress about your NPC corp standings or how you got them.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
So did we lose the war or what. I’ve been busy and only have had time to do my PI stuff, but 1DQ was def still there.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

DGC773 posted:

You know what's really cool and good, using a euphemism for anal sex as a pejorative.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Stereotype posted:

So did we lose the war or what. I’ve been busy and only have had time to do my PI stuff, but 1DQ was def still there.

It's still slow and methodical move ops by the bads into NPC Delve. I'm sure they will make a play into sov Delve any month now

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

iospace posted:

You know what? I miss the days of stations showing up on dotlan with stupid names.

And GoT spoilers for PL ones.

That was hilarious.

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

It's still slow and methodical move ops by the bads into NPC Delve. I'm sure they will make a play into sov Delve any month now

Slow
Smart
Methodical
Calculated
and Surgical campaign.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

DGC773 posted:

Slow
Smart
Methodical
Calculated
and Surgical campaign.

Ahh yes, I remember the surgery where the doctor slices me open 4 times before going "Actually, here's where we'll really do it"

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

mehall posted:

Ahh yes, I remember the surgery where the doctor slices me open 4 times before going "Actually, here's where we'll really do it"

it's a surgery after 4 times and 4 dead patients, the doctor goes "actually the 5th time is a success, because we changed the definition of what constitutes a dead patient".

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

DGC773 posted:

Slow
Smart
Methodical
Calculated
and Surgical campaign.

As attested by previous posts, im on yer side and want to help you.

- Convince Papi leadership to go back home.
- Disband Test
- hand me 150b isk
- Swear alligiance to Mittani
And
- Give us Vily hogtied with an apple in his mouth

And I will convince the rest of the imperium to act like this invasion hasn happened, which shouldnt be too hard since in many ways it hasnt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

I went on a fun Harpy Fleet today, followed by a Jackdaw fleet that had to bail due to being outnumbered and outgunned, followed by a fun Jackdaw fleet. 2 outta 3 ain’t bad.