Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
my super is tracking ok, probably just below what it should be but not drastically so

but i'll be dead before I retire so i don't care

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
ah i'm sure mine will triple in the next two years

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
most of my super is locked up in a country i will likely never live in again, i moved country twice, then every 1-2 years i burn out and quit my job and use up all my savings being unemployed before rinsing and repeating

im only 31 though so i still got 40 years of scattered employment to save up to pay for the body recovery helicopter that will have to airlift my withered corpse out of yo momma

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

hambeet posted:

I’m ahead of where I should be it seems.

I guess hard work really does pay off.

it’s our reward for good posting

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Sulla Faex posted:

most of my super is locked up in a country i will likely never live in again

Ditto, the advice from some super transfer service I got was to just make sure I remember my password and it's like, motherfucker, if human society is still functioning by the time I'm 70 it's gonna be loving brain upload poo poo

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

freebooter posted:

Ditto, the advice from some super transfer service I got was to just make sure I remember my password and it's like, motherfucker, if human society is still functioning by the time I'm 70 it's gonna be loving brain upload poo poo

Imagine the future where you can’t log into your super account because you forgot the password.... you do a password reset, and realise your email service shuttered 20 years ago.

Gonna be fun times.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Overseas accounts might be in trouble, but at least in Australia you can access and consolidate your super accounts through the ATO.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Just SAS things

Always Be Communist posted:

A United States Marines helicopter crew chief says Australian special forces shot and killed a bound Afghan prisoner after being told he would not fit on the US aircraft coming to pick them up.

He says the commandos then called up the US pilots to pick them and about seven prisoners up.

He says the Americans only had room on the aircraft for six.

"And the pilot said, 'That's too many people, we can't carry that many passengers.' And you just heard this silence and then we heard a pop. And then they said, 'OK, we have six prisoners'.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Wow that's hosed up, I hope they arrest the journalists publishing this story!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

What is it about men trained to be killers that turns them into psychos?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Anidav posted:

• A 30-year-old should have $61,000.

• A 40-year-old $154,000.

I went to look mine up and thought I was doing okay until I realised I'm waaaaaaaaaay closer to 40 than 30 these days

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

https://youtu.be/3EI-TIUycqk

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

What is it about men who want to be trained to be killers that turns them into psychos?

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
https://twitter.com/ClareBarnes_10/status/1318692339351658498

powerful queensland worst state energy

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

As opposed to say NSW where everyone is basically corrupt.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Recoome posted:

As opposed to say NSW where everyone is basically corrupt.

one might say queensland is north NSW

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

What the gently caress is this.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
The only way to stop crime is to treat everyone under 18 like a baby.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Anidav posted:

The only way to stop crime is to treat everyone under 18 like a criminal.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Boomer pandering.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Boomer pandering.

basically.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
youths

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Should also not let anyone under 18 go outside 5km of their residence, that'll show 'em

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Guardian posted:

A Toowoomba doctor who advocates gay conversion therapy has been endorsed for Liberal National party preselection by a host of conservative figures, including sitting senators Matt Canavan and Eric Abetz, the former deputy prime minister John Anderson and the News Corp columnist Miranda Devine.

David van Gend believes homosexuality is “a potentially treatable psychological condition”, opposes legal abortion and disputes scientific evidence of global heating.

Business as usual.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

I would argue the damage was done before they joined the LNP.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
This is happening in Brisbane for some reason

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

The Peccadillo posted:

This is happening in Brisbane for some reason

It's a climate protest. Why aren't you there?

VBVC was diagnosed with lung cancer in late 2012, 18 years into a prison stint for murder. He refused treatment unless he was granted parole. The parole board declined to consider giving him parole unless he was guaranteed a place at a palliative care ward in Townsville. He was approved for an internal prison transfer from Wolston correctional centre to Townsville, where most of his family lived, the day before he died in November 2013. A coroner found his care in both prison and hospital was appropriate and that he understood his decision in refusing treatment.

ISSUES RAISED
Mental health / cognitive impairment.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Carnaticum posted:

Business as usual.

Somehow literally nothing about that is surprising at all

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe

I don't understand who that is aimed at. Surely Queensland voters can't be that stupid?

No, it's okay, I'll see myself out.

But seriously, that's 1950s level campaigning there. Are there going to be roving gangs of the lawless youth rampaging around inner city Brisbane followed by special curfew police?

I had a look around the Twitters and it seems legit?!?!?!?!?!?!

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

is deb! doing the tory power stance?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Pikehead posted:

I don't understand who that is aimed at. Surely Queensland voters can't be that stupid?

But seriously, that's 1950s level campaigning there. Are there going to be roving gangs of the lawless youth rampaging around inner city Brisbane followed by special curfew police?

Special curfew officers doing strip-searches around the clock.

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

Pikehead posted:

There is no doubt that this is aimed at North Queensland, where "youths" exclusively means indigenous kids.

e: yep, just looked it up and the curfew is only for Cairns and Townsville

Sparticle fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Oct 21, 2020

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Pikehead posted:

Pretty naive.

I didn't realise roving youths were a hot button issue in QLD.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
they had a very similar policy at the last election too

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

gently caress I just got around to reading this.

Apparently Australian special forces, at least one platoon named, had a reputation bad enough that the USMC didn't want to be a part of their missions. Compared to US and UK special forces, the Australians were noted for being unrestrained in their violence.

That's not very inspiring.

Is the upcoming SAS Australia TV show going to show Schapelle Corby murdering drug dealers? Seems problematic.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
lol the loving DEA said that platoon of Australians were too hosed up to work with, Jesus

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Too much for the pearl clutchers in the :crossarms: United States Marine Corps.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
My mother dated this dude who had a 13 year old boy who was in the cadets and stuff, and everytime we had dinner he would go on and on about how he didn"t want to do "boring help people missions where you have to be careful" but wanted to go kill people when he got in to the big boy army

I guess he should be pretty close now, so he'll probably be getting deployed against Iran by whoever Joe Biden's Prime Minister is if anything, which won't have the same farmer hunting opportunities as Afghanistan did and he'll die horribly

Y'think we'd join an invasion of Iran?

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Oct 21, 2020

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

lih posted:

they had a very similar policy at the last election too
Jesus Christ.

Solemn Sloth posted:

lol the loving DEA said that platoon of Australians were too hosed up to work with, Jesus
Jesus Christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
there's already an article in the courier mail from a 'townsville police source' complaining that a curfew would be an annoying waste of their time and also not actually solve any problems with crime in townsville so lol that they can't even get cops onside for this