Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will You Miss Indie Wrestling?
No it sucked
Yes
View Results

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

KungFu Grip posted:

sabu and justice hit each other with unprotected chair shots

In a parking lot 400 miles away from the show so nobody has to see it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Anyone watch The Masked Wrestler yet? First episode was pretty good fun and I have guesses about who the victorious competitor is already.

https://youtu.be/MtZW07QyPto

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

https://twitter.com/cabanamandan/status/1316807264628596736?s=21

Worked the Clusterfuck at Joey Janela’s Spring Break.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Two Dan's got the covid. Danhausen is next

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

KungFu Grip posted:

Two Dan's got the covid. Danhausen is next

danhausen tested negativehausen but left the roh bubble out of caution, fwiw

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
AC Mack has covid as well

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Man, this is going to end up being a real bummer over the next few days, almost certainly more cases that’ll end tied back to the Collective.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Man, this is going to end up being a real bummer over the next few days, almost certainly more cases that’ll end tied back to the Collective.

ROH has already pulled the plug on wrestlers who were at The Collective, and it wouldn't surprise me if Impact Wrestling and AEW follow suit.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Edward Mass posted:

ROH has already pulled the plug on wrestlers who were at The Collective, and it wouldn't surprise me if Impact Wrestling and AEW follow suit.

AEW had virtually all of their people who worked the collective on TV Wednesday night so that ship has already sailed.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

History Comes Inside! posted:

AEW had virtually all of their people who worked the collective on TV Wednesday night so that ship has already sailed.

Was the episode live or taped?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Pinche Rudo posted:

Was the episode live or taped?

Live.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Dunno how involved Joey Janella actually is but he pretty much said "negative tests" weren't a requirement to work the Collective weekend

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

KungFu Grip posted:

Dunno how involved Joey Janella actually is but he pretty much said "negative tests" weren't a requirement to work the Collective weekend

I recognize that means "you're not required to take a test to work" and not "we'll let you work even if you test positive" but I'm struggling to decide if thats a distinction with a difference.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

I recognize that means "you're not required to take a test to work" and not "we'll let you work even if you test positive" but I'm struggling to decide if thats a distinction with a difference.

What I had heard initially was they were requiring you to test negative before traveling but it appears for all intents and purposes that they had no way or intention of verifying it. It was basically scouts honor which is the worst system possible when you're dealing with a shitload of carnies.

The Collective was a terrible idea since they clearly didn't have the means to test everyone. You have all this indie talent flying in from all across the country and with the inaccuracy of the test itself it doesn't even take someone being disingenuous for the whole thing to fall apart (as we're seeing).

TheJunkyardGod
Sep 19, 2004

Do not taunt the Octopus
Tony Deppen just tested positive too.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Ugh, he and his wife are expecting a kid in the next few weeks and everything. Sounds like he’s at least somewhat symptomatic.

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Oct 18, 2020

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

When different communities and interests write their histories of the COVID era there's going to be moments identified as heroic, villainous, and foolish. Villainous would be WWE's COVID firings. Heroic, it's tough to say. But holding the collective is going to be wrestling's go-to example of foolish.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Lauderdale’s interview with Fightful made me somewhat sympathetic to them continuing to run shows (because if the government isn’t going to help out people whose livelihoods are based on live events, they don’t have much of a choice), but yeah, the Collective as an event was highly questionable. Hopefully there aren’t too many other cases that can be traced back and none of them are serious.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Lauderdale’s interview with Fightful made me somewhat sympathetic to them continuing to run shows (because if the government isn’t going to help out people whose livelihoods are based on live events, they don’t have much of a choice), but yeah, the Collective as an event was highly questionable. Hopefully there aren’t too many other cases that can be traced back and none of them are serious.

wait you mean some people actually need to work for a living and can't just #stayhome and watch netflix?

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Would appear to be the case, yes.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think there's space that exists between being sympathetic to the real world needs of the people and businesses involved and criticism of whether they did it as responsibly as they could have.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

The least risky way to do it would have been the bubble model. All the wrestlers and event staff get tested on site, stay in the same hotel, no contact with anyone not tested. Everyone must wear a mask when not actively wrestling. Event staff who interact with the public also get tested but can't have contact with anyone in the bubble. Put up some sort of barrier around the entrance area and the ring, no brawling into the crowd, etc.

They only took minimal precautions, and we're seeing the result.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

that would have made a negligible difference without people self-isolating in the bubble first and then would have been immediately made pointless once they entered the building with limited ventilation full of fans coming from who knows where

if you cant do a full bubble you need to be running outdoors

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That revelation that they weren't requiring tests seemed stark. Like I'm not really clear on what they did do.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Oct 19, 2020

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

These were also the first indoor GCW shows, if I'm not mistaken. They've been doing the outdoor ones for four months or so and no one's gotten it from those.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
their show this week was outside as well

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

KungFu Grip posted:

their show this week was outside as well

I was at this show and can tell you it felt way safer than even being at a grocery store.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

The_Rob posted:

I was at this show and can tell you it felt way safer than even being at a grocery store.

after they got poo poo rightfully from the Collective i'm sure they did a bit more that normal, but who knows really.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

KungFu Grip posted:

after they got poo poo rightfully from the Collective i'm sure they did a bit more that normal, but who knows really.

I mean it really was as easy as show up they check your temp. The chairs were all super spread out. It was all outdoors. It felt great.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

In the Fightful interview, Lauderdale said everyone who performed this weekend had at least one if not two negative COVID tests in the week following the Collective. I don’t remember if his language indicated if this was a requirement or a strong encourage, but I think it’s required now. He did acknowledge he probably wouldn’t book sequential weekends moving forward.

Janela said everyone he’s worked with directly since he started doing GCW shows again including refs have to test negative before a AEW lets him take the booking.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Alex Zayne pulled out of the show because he wanted to take two tests and the 2nd one didn't come back in time

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
1 Called Manders suddenly pulled out of an up coming show, so I think that's another name that has Covid

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/unitedwrestling/status/1318723746211852288?s=20

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Fredericks vs DBS could be fun

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Watts vs Dickinson could be a banger. Watts is a big hard hitting dude who can move

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

dirty daddy before the second round:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SviOtk0ZZPw

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Davey Boy Smith, Jr.'s ring name shout instead be Canadian Bulldog. That is all.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Edward Mass posted:

Davey Boy Smith, Jr.'s ring name shout instead be Canadian Bulldog. That is all.

You need the alliteration, so maybe "Canadian Canine"?

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

masked wrestler episode 2 is tonight after dynamite on iwtv. episode 1 was so good! you should watch it if you havent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Big Dave posted:

masked wrestler episode 2 is tonight after dynamite on iwtv. episode 1 was so good! you should watch it if you havent

I loved the first episode but, and I realize this is a weird criticism for this show, I wish the judges took it more seriously, or at least played it more straight.