Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

NienNunb posted:

Over the Garden Wall is a god tier holiday special, one of my favorite yearly traditions.

Big same here, my boyfriend has to watch it every year and got me into it big

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Just got to the other side of a panic attack. Pretty bad one this time. Same thing as usual. Ugh hate it

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Which one of you freaks is Walter Mellon

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

thats watermelongun rest in peace

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I miss the Water Melon Gun with all my heart and soul

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Shard posted:

Just got to the other side of a panic attack. Pretty bad one this time. Same thing as usual. Ugh hate it

That sucks man, hope you're not feeling too sapped and that you have some literal and figurative breathing space now. Similar situation here.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

NienNunb posted:

Over the Garden Wall is a god tier holiday special, one of my favorite yearly traditions.

I'M THE HIGHWAYMAN

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Watching National Treasure

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

NienNunb posted:

I miss the Water Melon Gun with all my heart and soul

Did something happen to them serious question

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

oldpainless posted:

Watching National Treasure

fantastic film, beautiful cinematography, one of the most wonderful pieces of art made in our time.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Eat My Fuc posted:

They got banned in another subforum and as far as I can tell didn't re-register, or just made a new account under a different name.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Eat My Fuc posted:

decided to stop posting cause of lowtax stuff + malaise about forum in general. my rip was only for their forum acct not their personal soul which lives on in our hearts

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Dang they were cool. Also I miss Darkstar even though I would argue with them their conviction always impressed me and the bianca belair avatat made me hear their posts in her voice it was fun for me.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Okay which thread do we discuss our subforum wide fundraiser to buy the most stuff in the store so that FIGHT ISLAND can be the ones to put lowtax down for the 1-2-3, brother.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

MJeff posted:

Okay which thread do we discuss our subforum wide fundraiser to buy the most stuff in the store so that FIGHT ISLAND can be the ones to put lowtax down for the 1-2-3, brother.

we just have to find out coward tony's username and make him pay up

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Alaois posted:

who carries that many 2s

race bettors

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Since it was mentioned in two people's lists I also recently watched the Roger Corman/Vincent Price "The Masque of the Red Death" recently, as A)it's Halloween season and B)it's fitting given we are currently dealing with our own Prince Prospero trying to just pretend he's completely invulnerable, especially when it comes to some piddling deadly virus.

I also watched the Roger Corman "The St. Valentine's Day Massacre" and it really is an underrated movie. It has George Segal acting like a sarky rear end in a top hat, Jason Robards positively chowing down on the scenery as Al Capone, and the whole thing is narrated by the guy who provided the voice of Boris Badenov in the "Rocky and Bullwinkle" cartoons. Highly recommended.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

MJeff posted:

I got 5 on it

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

tbh i think the honor should go to King REoL

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Since it was mentioned in two people's lists I also recently watched the Roger Corman/Vincent Price "The Masque of the Red Death" recently, as A)it's Halloween season and B)it's fitting given we are currently dealing with our own Prince Prospero trying to just pretend he's completely invulnerable, especially when it comes to some piddling deadly virus.

I also watched the Roger Corman "The St. Valentine's Day Massacre" and it really is an underrated movie. It has George Segal acting like a sarky rear end in a top hat, Jason Robards positively chowing down on the scenery as Al Capone, and the whole thing is narrated by the guy who provided the voice of Boris Badenov in the "Rocky and Bullwinkle" cartoons. Highly recommended.

I have also been on a Vincent Price kick, recently watched House on Haunted Hill and it's as goofy and bonkers as I remember it. The weirdest part is my dog would growl and bark every time 50s character actor Elisha Cook was onscreen. Maybe he looks like an abuser from a previous home or maybe she just hates 50s character actor Elisha Cook :iiam:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Two of my favorite goofy-rear end Vincent Price movies are The Abominable Dr. Phibes and Dr. Phibes Rises Again - they're campy as gently caress and utterly ridiculous, but goddamn do I love them.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Jerusalem posted:

Two of my favorite goofy-rear end Vincent Price movies are The Abominable Dr. Phibes and Dr. Phibes Rises Again - they're campy as gently caress and utterly ridiculous, but goddamn do I love them.

Theater of Blood! THAT'S my Halloween movie suggestion for this weekend's family night! Thanks!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I think I'm gonna line up some Vincent Price movies for the Halloween season. Tomb of Ligeia, Witchfinder General, stuff like that.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

CobiWann posted:

Theater of Blood! THAT'S my Halloween movie suggestion for this weekend's family night! Thanks!

Oh hell loving yes, haven't watched that in years.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I think I'm gonna line up some Vincent Price movies for the Halloween season. Tomb of Ligeia, Witchfinder General, stuff like that.

Tis the season to enjoy some Vincent Price quality ham :hai:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

The Last Man On Earth is my favorite Vincent Price movie

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

never seen any movies and have a tomb of ligeia poster :twisted:

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

I have nothing to contribute to movie chat but here's Vincent Price reading The Raven. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuGZ_wp_i9w

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The forums should raise enough money to fly all of lowtax's ex wives to the same location so they can all three press a giant red permaban button at once

Also enough money to get the one out of a DV shelter because what the gently caress

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Job interview tomorrow pray for nine numb #prayforninenumb

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

NienNunb posted:

Job interview tomorrow pray for nine numb #prayforninenumb

how do i do the spirit bomb emoticon again

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
:wato: believes in u

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Bluedeanie posted:

how do i do the spirit bomb emoticon again

\o/ but you gotta believe

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hi friends. Just wanted to note that the person who sent the PM to me that was so horrible has, as of this post, seen no repercussions from it at ALL. I followed up with an admin and was given the standard "mods are volunteers, etc." response which is cool like, a few days after, but it's now been what, two weeks? At least a week, for sure. I'm not gonna post in QCS about it because I mostly just want to move on, but...

Holy poo poo D&D has ISSUES I guess is what I'm getting at here.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I'll fart in that person's mouth if I ever find out who it is. There won't be anything in-between the fart and their mouth so that it will be tons of dangerous particles going into their body. Not kidding.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
So I borrowed a ladder from a roofer I barely know today and he was extremely nice about it, because it’s a $300+ ladder I’m going to use for free, but also he was smoking and not wearing a mask when I picked it up and I lost myself in the social shuffle and instigated a handshake when he handed it over and anyway

Probably got covid now

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Something Awful poster Seth Rollins Drew MacYntire has just informed me that he became lost at sea and that he will hopefully return by the 2nd. Everyone wish a Bon Voyage to our friend.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

All the movie talk makes me ask: Any recommendations for Horror Comedy? I like the ideas and can read horror no problem, but actual horror is too terrifying for me.

Horror Comedies are always a good time though! Shaun of the Dead, Tucker & Dale vs Evil, and Cabin in the Woods were all great times; just with me hiding behind a pillow with jump scares or high tension scenes.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Artelier posted:

All the movie talk makes me ask: Any recommendations for Horror Comedy? I like the ideas and can read horror no problem, but actual horror is too terrifying for me.

Horror Comedies are always a good time though! Shaun of the Dead, Tucker & Dale vs Evil, and Cabin in the Woods were all great times; just with me hiding behind a pillow with jump scares or high tension scenes.

Return of the Living Dead, Hausu, Gremlins 1/2, and the two Happy Death Day movies are favorites of mine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I like Brain Dead, Army of Darkness, Happy Death Day 1 and 2, The Babysitter, Tragedy Girls, The Final Girl, Behind The Mask, Return of the Living Dead, Slither, The Stuff, Tremors and Trick R' Treat