Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Morrslieb? Are they working with the skaven now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
The QAnon obsession with auspicious numbers and numerology is weird. It's one thing to decode your enemies, because they are vampires that must compulsively signal to their compatriots arcane symbology. But why do the same yourself? Why would your patriot leader fall into the same trap?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Phobophilia posted:

The QAnon obsession with auspicious numbers and numerology is weird. It's one thing to decode your enemies, because they are vampires that must compulsively signal to their compatriots arcane symbology. But why do the same yourself? Why would your patriot leader fall into the same trap?

Sacred numbers are so loving lolzy

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Phobophilia posted:

Weirdly enough thats a common theme in conspiracies. Call it projection or whatever, but a whole lot of conspiracy minded people believe what the do because given the opportunity its what they would be doing.

So of course they believe their enemies are used sacred numbers, because the theorist believes those things are true so some all encompassing global cabal would be doing it.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
So is JFK Jr now Trump’s running mate?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Delthalaz posted:

pence has been disposed of and replaced with JFK after a second round of comprehensive plastic surgery

trust the plan

Nessus posted:

Morrslieb? Are they working with the skaven now?

everyone knows skaven don't exist

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Oct 18, 2020

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Quiet Enable posted:

How bad does Pence feel that the QAnon folks want a "dead" guy over him, while they continuously champion Trump.

Based on no evidence, I feel like he’s a pretty offline guy and knows close to nothing.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

Quiet Enable posted:

How bad does Pence feel that the QAnon folks want a "dead" guy over him, while they continuously champion Trump.

A dead elitist Democrat, no less

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Thats what I really dont loving get. WHY is JFK junior such a popular loving thing with these people? I have read little to no Q because I honestly try to stray so loving far away from that nonsense as I find that I am highly suggestible about it and will think about it way too deeply.
I personally theorize that anything we listen to/read regardless of legitimacy has an effect on us. If I watch a Truthstream Media video ill get tied into the grift for a few short minutes before I realize whats happening. Anyone else feel this effect when studying these conspiracy webs etc?

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Thats what I really dont loving get. WHY is JFK junior such a popular loving thing with these people? I have read little to no Q because I honestly try to stray so loving far away from that nonsense as I find that I am highly suggestible about it and will think about it way too deeply.
I personally theorize that anything we listen to/read regardless of legitimacy has an effect on us. If I watch a Truthstream Media video ill get tied into the grift for a few short minutes before I realize whats happening. Anyone else feel this effect when studying these conspiracy webs etc?

I have no idea why they are fixated on JFK jr

Also yeah thats basically how brains work. Play tetris for multiple hours and your brain is primed very well to play tetris, and you'll literally become better at stacking boxes more compactly IRL.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetris_effect

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Boomer brains crystalized in 1992 and jfk jr is simultaneously a link to the romance of their 1992 youth and also unencumbered by anything in the real world. It could probably be Princess Diana about as easily and maybe she will become prominent in the uk branch as time goes on.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Thats what I really dont loving get. WHY is JFK junior such a popular loving thing with these people?

JFK Jr. was one of the people on one of the versions of the “Clinton Body Count” list that was passed around the late-90s/early-2000s internet: the theory is that Hillary discovered that JFK Jr. was planning on running for the open senate seat in New York that Hillary coveted and she knew she couldn’t win an election against him, so she had his plane sabotaged/shot down so she could cruise through the primary uncontested. JFK Jr. was also friendly with Trump in the mid-90s and was photographed in public with him a few times.

The Qanon theory about JFK Jr. is thus that in 1999 he predicted that Trump would eventually be the man to take down the deep state once and for all, but the time wasn’t right yet, so he used the attempt on his life to go undercover for 17 years, get plastic surgery to make himself unrecognizable, and work for the shadows to both support Trump’s rise to power and get his revenge on the woman who tried to murder him.

There’s also the nostalgia aspect for the older believers, the ones old enough to have fond memories the Kennedy administration. Having the son of JFK involved in their theory grants it legitimacy and continuity to the golden age of America they desperately want back.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
no one asks the question why trump was hanging out with baby eating elite pedophiles like the kennedies

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

What relation to jfk was the inbred mutant Kennedy who lost that primary in MA last month? Like a great nephew once removed or something? I bet the q people don’t like him.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

GreyjoyBastard posted:

everyone knows skaven don't exist

The Raki are very real drengbarazi

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

What relation to jfk was the inbred mutant Kennedy who lost that primary in MA last month? Like a great nephew once removed or something? I bet the q people don’t like him.
I think first cousin once removed from Jr's side and second cousin once removed for the MA loser. And no he is only loved by liberals of the most terminally West Wing poisoned variety. So enthusiastic Biden supporters.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

This is almost completely unlike a normal Q conspiracy because no one is being hurt or demeaned.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Dr Christmas posted:

Based on no evidence, I feel like he’s a pretty offline guy and knows close to nothing.

Pence is very important in the Republican party. I assure you that he met with other senior republican leaders and decided to back the Qanon candidates and to not come down hard against the crazy in a cynical attempt to get more power.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.
Trump mentioned JFK in a speech today, so you know the believers are gonna go crazy over that as a hint.

Illuminti
Dec 3, 2005

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy
https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1318038465557090304?s=20

I mean, that's just straight up slander isn't it?

Are they literally just relying on weight of numbers to avoid getting sued or is there some work around?

Also,
Does anyone remember "Happy!" on Netflix.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happy!_(TV_series)

With the benefit of hindsight it basically seems like a Qanon fantasy come to life. Kidnapped children being sold to powerful figures, blackmail tapes of powerful people doing horrible things to control them. Weird drug orgies, aliens! devil worship, evil spirits. It's all there...

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

Illuminti posted:

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1318038465557090304?s=20

I mean, that's just straight up slander isn't it?

Are they literally just relying on weight of numbers to avoid getting sued or is there some work around?

I think they are also hoping to hide behind, "well, i didn't claim it was true, a guy I totally know told me about it"

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
well now that we all know, he can't be blackmailed over it. Thanks for spreading the info I guess.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
three moon wolf

jfk jr got moon moon moon

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Delthalaz posted:

I had an amusing discussion with some folks on another forum about the idea of setting up a counter conspiracy theory that trump had been abducted by the DEEP STATE and replaced with a clone in a silicon mask. However JFK jr has been identified as *drum roll* Joe Biden but he can only wrest power away from the deep state by defeating the falst-trump and thus gaining the ability to order the real trump to be released. Therefore everyone needs to vote for Joe Biden if they want to have another term of Trump in the whitehouse. Also Kamela is secretly Princess Di. Yeah you have to squint and possibly eat some lead paint to see that one.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1318613546268319748?s=21

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Your honor as I will someday be an attorney I feel confident I can handle this case, I will simply send the relevant documents back in time.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Can you admit documents as evidence if they are dated after the conclusion of the trial?

tigersklaw
May 8, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

Can you admit documents as evidence if they are dated after the conclusion of the trial?

If a dog can play basketball, I don’t see why not

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Posted this in USpol, but I guess it should've gone here. Sorry for the crosspost.

https://twitter.com/NumbersMuncher/status/1318717686281609219

This poo poo is spreading worldwide: Qanon believers attacked several museums in Berlin, believing that satanic rituals are being performed there. (The Guardian)

quote:

One such theory claims that the Pergamon Museum is the centre of the “global satanism scene” because it holds a reconstruction of the ancient Greek Pergamon Altar.

Attila Hildmann, a former vegan celebrity chef who has become one of Germany’s best-known proponents of the baseless QAnon conspiracy theory, posted messages on Telegram in August and September in which he suggested that the German chancellor, Angela Merkel, was using the altar for “human sacrifices”.

These people are utterly insane. How the gently caress is this ever going to get fixed?

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Martian posted:

Posted this in USpol, but I guess it should've gone here. Sorry for the crosspost.

This poo poo is spreading worldwide: Qanon believers attacked several museums in Berlin, believing that satanic rituals are being performed there. (The Guardian)

These people are utterly insane. How the gently caress is this ever going to get fixed?

remember when like a few days ago those two giant pieces of space junk had a chance to collide and set off a chain reaction wiping out all global communication?

That. That probably would have fixed it.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
That happening during a global pandemic would have probably just turned it into a million extremely local conspiracy theories and made things worse.

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
recently watched the addams family movie with some friends (using netflix party over zoom ofc) but got reminded of the satanic panic poo poo from the 80s/90s since the movie makes fun of it. interesting to realize that this qanon poo poo really goes back a ways.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
As someone pointed out earlier, probably at least to the founding of some of the US colonies by people convinced that the Pope was Satan's representative on Earth.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Martian posted:

You'd think we'd have taken note the first couple times the Germans showed us they'll follow literally anyone who claims there's a conspiracy and he's the man to stop it. I agree though, the fact that there's no actual recognised "Q" means Q will live in the hearts of the believers as long as the world circumstances support/allow it. It's a cult without a leader or a religion without a text.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

OwlFancier posted:

I'd like to enter into evidence the future court records of this trial, notable pages 431 the jury is recorded as giving a favorable verdict to my client, your honor.

I will remind you, the jury if you do not give this verdict as it is written in this evidence i just submitted that you gave, it will create a time pardox that will destroy the universe.

Wait ....that would count as threatening the jury/jury tampering right?

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

dr_rat posted:

I'd like to enter into evidence the future court records of this trial, notable pages 431 the jury is recorded as giving a favorable verdict to my client, your honor.

I will remind you, the jury if you do not give this verdict as it is written in this evidence i just submitted that you gave, it will create a time pardox that will destroy the universe.

Wait ....that would count as threatening the jury/jury tampering right?

"Christopher Nolan writes a courtroom thriller".

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Martian posted:

I've got an idea. How about Counter-Conspiracies? Which I guess would be world-wide government conspiracies to cover up and de-legitimize non-governmental conspiracies? Use even more attractive, but harmless, conspiracies to distract conspiracy minded people to things that don't involve attacking random people on the street or burning museums. Stuff like the my-little pony people are hiding even sexier ponies because they are so sexy even the normies will want to sex them.

I don't see anything that could go wrong here.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Martian posted:

Sadly, there usually aren't individual events that make someone disbelieve a conspiracy theory. The mountain of debunked "evidence" and the constant passing of predicted "the storm is finally here!" dates is proof enough of that. True believers will tie themselves in knots to delude themselves that, actually, they're still right and need to Trust the Plan.

If we look back to the Satanic Panic of the 80's and 90's, we see that it gradually faded away. There wasn't a single event that made Evangelical leaders come out and say "well, our bad, folks, we were wrong." Everyone just gradually stopped talking about it, and pop culture moved on. True believers still remained - a church in my small hometown still hands out tracts on how to recognize Satanic activity every year around Halloween - but the national movement gradually fizzled out due to a variety of cultural, religious and political changes over time.

While there are obviously differences between the two, I think that'll be what happens with Qanon. The main reason Qanon spread so fast was the use of social media, combined with the pandemic lockdowns and an authoritarian right-winger in the White House. Once those factors start changing, we'll see fewer True Believers as more and more people start to move on.

This isn't to say that trends aren't troubling and we shouldn't still be wary of Qanon, but sadly there isn't anyone can actively do to make it go away besides stopping discussion of it on social media. Which, thankfully, companies are starting to do, even if it's way later than they should have.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Die-hards just view evidence as a test of the strength of their convictions and nothing more. Like dinosaur bones and young earthers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

My insane Q co-worker cheerfully told us all today that Biden will cancel Christmas this year and lock everyone up in internment camps if he wins. She also told us that Bruno Mars is a transman and you can tell that because he is so short. There was an additional shocking revelation that the Pope and Prince Philip are members of the Deep State who, like all of their kind, have bugs inside their eyes, which were first discovered in Québec and were brought to Europe by the Nazis. These bugs can be seen in TV broadcasts featuring Deep State individuals.

How much of this is standard Q insanity and how much is other craziness? If the Deep State's eye-bugs can be seen on regular TV then they're clearly not putting in a lot of effort to hide their nefarious schemes.

Edit: this is in Canada, by the way.