Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

VomitOnLino posted:

This thread is making me feel extremely old, offline.

Also, GAS

Lucky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

endlessmonotony posted:

She's a C-SPAM poster constantly insecure about her position and yet doubling down on it the immediate millisecond she's told she's wrong.

she is fairly milquetoast to be a c-spam poster

not even a single Mao "GET THE LANDLORDS" meme in the pandemic with housing crises internationally, very weak energy

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.
I watched some of her videos and despite the high production values found her arguments and "discussion" using straw-men to be extremely milquetoast and boring.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
i have voted three times this election because of that video.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
this thread makes me feel like im having a stroke and i spent the last several months of the dying lowtax era on twitter full time

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans
I v*ted but then I watched that vid and I went back to the ballot box and got my v*te back

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

go v*te

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

dead gay comedy forums posted:

she is fairly milquetoast to be a c-spam poster

not even a single Mao "GET THE LANDLORDS" meme in the pandemic with housing crises internationally, very weak energy

many people are saying this

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

shovelbum posted:

this thread makes me feel like im having a stroke and i spent the last several months of the dying lowtax era on twitter full time

welcome, friend, to the Discourse

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

while cspam posts unironic “splitter” comments like a 4 decade Monty Python skit, have yourself a stroll to the nearest polling place and go v*te

Bot 02
Apr 2, 2010

Dude... Did my plushie just talk?

Okay

How do I vote in your elections OP I don't live in USA

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

https://youtu.be/0NQlOfXyrUY

RoboTiio
Dec 29, 2007
ointernet!

animist posted:

who the gently caress is scraeming "VOTE" at my house

Atrocious Joe posted:

idgi. what does the * stand for in v*te

*n*j*e

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

You know you're still saying slurs even if you replace some letters with asterisks.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

shovelbum posted:

i learned a lot. i thought contrapoints was a magazine

Zongerian
Apr 23, 2020

by Cyrano4747
After a false start in Super C on nes that was just embarassing for a Contra Points thread poster, I was able to get just past the toothpaste machine for a modest 104,600

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

someone should buy contra an account

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

really she should, she's rich as gently caress.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
don't gas, v*te

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Bot 02 posted:

Okay

How do I vote in your elections OP I don't live in USA

Pay Vlad as usual, whatcha talking about.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

I like the videos contrapoints uploads.

don’t forget to go v*te

SolTerrasa
Sep 2, 2011

I’m an nb who used to like contra and watch all her videos, then she did that video on cringe which I found really personally upsetting (a lot of nbs felt that way), but on finding this thread I went and watched the one on voting.

dead gay comedy forums posted:

at the end, Tabby basically tells her that she does not give a gently caress about what she thinks and that when poo poo hits the fan, it is people like her who go out to take the heat for her sake included, and she can't deal with that basically

I remember this one from when I watched her videos more often. I really appreciated this when she did it. i didn’t experience it as a strawman at all, and it helped me think through my place in all this a bit more. I don’t go out and smash, and she helped me realize that the reason I don’t is ultimately at least partially selfish - I still have a lot to lose, and while I’m willing to sacrifice a lot of what I have to make a better world, I’m not personally willing to do violence.

but she’s right. when the fuckin proud boys show up and they wanna murder people like me and my friends, it’s the window smashers who are there to stop them, and that happened more than once in seattle this year.

so contra helped change my mind. now I support the seattle version of tabby the best I can, because whether I think they’ve got a good theory of change or not, in the end I do owe them for keeping me safe.

I did v*te, too, even though the tabby set would probably be mad at me for it.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfRHv3L9CYI

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I like voting. It's easy and makes me feel like I'm doing a leftism. It's a lot harder to go do things in real life, and my hands are very soft

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
I havent read this thread but i wanted to say i really liked her episode on Incels and its a pretty good primer on those weirdos for semi-normies.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Regarding the whole subject of "antifa fighting proud boys, etc," that topic sort of bugs me because proud boys are less the "face of fascism" in our country than the police (or ICE and other law enforcement).

I certainly don't blame people for not punching the police, since getting yourself killed is not exactly a good idea, but it seems like a sort of denial of reality to act like the fight against fascism takes the form of antifa punching proud boys. Punching people like proud boys is still good on its own merits, but it feels like people are using them as a stand-in for American fascism because that's easier to stomach than the reality of the situation.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Ytlaya posted:

Regarding the whole subject of "antifa fighting proud boys, etc," that topic sort of bugs me because proud boys are less the "face of fascism" in our country than the police (or ICE and other law enforcement).

I certainly don't blame people for not punching the police, since getting yourself killed is not exactly a good idea, but it seems like a sort of denial of reality to act like the fight against fascism takes the form of antifa punching proud boys. Punching people like proud boys is still good on its own merits, but it feels like people are using them as a stand-in for American fascism because that's easier to stomach than the reality of the situation.

SA vs SS. They're both faces of American fascism.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

The Oldest Man posted:

i think you're giving Something Awful and Something Sensitive too much credit

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The Oldest Man posted:

This is a strange analogy. The SA predated the SS, which began as a sub-group of the SA (I'm assuming you're implying the SA = Proud Boys here).

There isn't really a meaningful ideological distinction between the police and proud boys other than the fact that one group is directly granted authority by the state (and makes heavy use of that authority). The actual magnitude of impact is drastically different; you basically have organizations throughout the country of thousands of people that put over a million people in prison and kill/brutalize thousands, and this small organization of people who also like those things.

More importantly, the most dangerous right-wing forces in our country seem to have decided that Trump's particular form of fascism isn't their ideal choice (thus so many neo-cons/Republicans lining up behind Biden and most Republican politicians obviously not caring much if Trump loses), and that they would prefer to just reinforce and expand our existing right-wing institutions. We already have the right-wing paramilitary groups, and they have the advantage of not being perceived as such by the majority of the population. I think that people, even many on the left, are influenced by past and/or foreign manifestations of fascism to an extent where they don't quite see our current institutions for what they really are.

Zongerian
Apr 23, 2020

by Cyrano4747
Contra 3 is harder than I remember and I only got 190,441. The tightrope walks in the overhead level are bull poo poo

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

unlimited shrimp posted:

i think you're giving Something Awful and Something Sensitive too much credit

can't believe society fell apart over an extended mangosteen bit

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Ytlaya posted:

This is a strange analogy. The SA predated the SS, which began as a sub-group of the SA (I'm assuming you're implying the SA = Proud Boys here).

There isn't really a meaningful ideological distinction between the police and proud boys other than the fact that one group is directly granted authority by the state (and makes heavy use of that authority). The actual magnitude of impact is drastically different; you basically have organizations throughout the country of thousands of people that put over a million people in prison and kill/brutalize thousands, and this small organization of people who also like those things.

More importantly, the most dangerous right-wing forces in our country seem to have decided that Trump's particular form of fascism isn't their ideal choice (thus so many neo-cons/Republicans lining up behind Biden and most Republican politicians obviously not caring much if Trump loses), and that they would prefer to just reinforce and expand our existing right-wing institutions. We already have the right-wing paramilitary groups, and they have the advantage of not being perceived as such by the majority of the population. I think that people, even many on the left, are influenced by past and/or foreign manifestations of fascism to an extent where they don't quite see our current institutions for what they really are.

I don't disagree with you, but PBs are also happy to hurt the vulnerable if not physically opposed and people can still sometimes get in the street and beat up PBs without immediately getting shot or thrown into a hole for the rest of their natural lives so

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

endlessmonotony posted:

She's a C-SPAM poster constantly insecure about her position and yet doubling down on it the immediate millisecond she's told she's wrong.

And she goes extremely extra with both the showwomanship and costuming.

It's great! If I wanted sane people I agree with, I'd watch Mister Rogers' Neighborhood. No, give me relatable wrecks who make me question what weird bullshit I got stuck in my head, and from where.

this makes her seem a lot worse

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

im thinkin about putting a ballot in my mouth and voting myself

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

A Russian troll farm posted:

im thinkin about putting a ballot in my mouth and voting myself

u have to make the other guy vote themselves

thats how u win

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I liked her better when she was a philosopher instead of a theater major. She got famous and got succed in to the politics of the rich and famous. Sad, since I was watching her after her like 4th episode.

Haven't even watched the vore episode.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Has anyone said cancelledpoints yet

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
never trust a breadtuber

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

T-man posted:

I liked her better when she was a philosopher

this sounds Even Worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

Pirate Jet posted:

never trust a breadtuber

One of those guys, Shaun, used to be a prolific D&D poster, so I bet you could find some funny stuff if you wanted to dig through the archives.