Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

1stGear posted:

Imagine misreading the industry so hard you don't realize streamers have been the greatest gift to video game marketing ever.

Literally this strip, only about video games:

People who use public libraries actually spend more on books than people who don't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
Edit: Beaten. I guess I missed some posts.

President Trump’s Twitter accessed by security expert who guessed password “maga2020!”

https://techcrunch.com/2020/10/22/dutch-hacker-trump-twitter-account-password/

Does TechCrunch do satire, now? I’ve looked like six times to see if I can find the date April 1st in there anywhere.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

there wolf posted:

A few years back, didn't the Tories pass a bunch of cuts to social services that were so severe the loving Lords stepped up and blocked them?
I suppose they don't have to worry about re-election.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Does TechCrunch do satire, now? I’ve looked like six times to see if I can find the date April 1st in there anywhere.

Satire is loving dead.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
https://twitter.com/JarettSays/status/1319367252802584576

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
:downsbravo:
https://twitter.com/SAI/status/1319123433163313152

https://twitter.com/rach_greenspan/status/1319312230857441280

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Vandar posted:

All the new adult swim shows (except Rick and Morty I guess) have like a 12 dollar budget too.

this indicates to me that you have not seen Primal.

go watch Primal right the gently caress now.

e: more specifically, Primal is Genndy Tartakovsky (the Samurai Jack/Dexter's Lab guy) making an action series about a caveman and his T-Rex buddy who both get their families eaten and walk the earth looking for a safe place to stay, frequently being attacked by various creepy things and loving poo poo up in response. it's gorgeous and it absolutely whips rear end and if you have access to HBO Max you need to go watch the first 5 episodes ASAP.

WeedlordGoku69 has a new favorite as of 21:39 on Oct 22, 2020

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

They're different photos, she might have just put heels on between the two.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Skwirl posted:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Skwirl posted:

did you feel bad for the poor corn store proprietor in this historical photo as well

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Was that always your av because it's awesome :D

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

youre crazy reynolds photoshoped the shoes off her feet.

Pththya-lyi posted:

Literally this strip, only about video games:

People who use public libraries actually spend more on books than people who don't

when ever i go to my local library and they dont have a book i want they charge me 5$ and order the book. the books i want for sure 100% cost more then 5$. my local library is pretty great despite being in rural nc.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1318995491330412546

maybe the kids arent alright. also 2021 sounds hella fun.

snergle has a new favorite as of 22:44 on Oct 22, 2020

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Those are mspaint shoes at best

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

Those are mspaint shoes at best

She has done boots as well. It's all explained in that thread.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

Was that always your av because it's awesome :D

Thanks. I bought it about a year ago when Genesis passed :rip:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/18airbornecorps/status/1319274612992032774

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

snergle posted:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1318995491330412546

maybe the kids arent alright. also 2021 sounds hella fun.

Barring how loving stupid everything she says in this video is, why is she narrating her own gestures like that? Is this some new trend? I thought it was sign language for a second. absolutely bizarre.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

veni veni veni posted:

I got this tattoo when hear s/he was sick

I was legit messed up for a couple of days, Genesis was a huge influence

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

:hellyeah: I ordered this sweet Psychic TV shirt off ebay from some sketchy seller in Indonesia months ago and finally gave up the ghost a few weeks ago and requested a refund, because it was clearly never coming :sigh: Hopefully I'll find it somewhere else some day.

GPO was one of the greats.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

veni veni veni posted:

Oh no I didn't know :(

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

veni veni veni posted:

Barring how loving stupid everything she says in this video is, why is she narrating her own gestures like that? Is this some new trend? I thought it was sign language for a second. absolutely bizarre.

That's what the kids are doing on TikTok these days. I love how she says "You were stubborn and voted for Joe Biden" as if she's shocked that voters weren't just gonna roll over and give Trump a second term unopposed.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/Whatapityonyou/status/1319447127915786240?s=20

bhangraton
Aug 20, 2010
Finkelstein is not the idiot, but many of the people replying or quote-tweeting who know nothing about him sure are

https://twitter.com/normfinkelstein/status/1318955399702261761?s=19

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

bhangraton posted:

Finkelstein is not the idiot

https://youtu.be/oHC1230OpOg

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

bhangraton posted:

Finkelstein is not the idiot, but many of the people replying or quote-tweeting who know nothing about him sure are

I minored in holocaust denial, but my major was flat-earth.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Dr Christmas posted:

I was really surprised to learn Among Us came out in 2018. I also heard World of Warcraft: BFA saw a huge boost in subscribers coinciding with people streaming mythic raid races.

Among Us came out in 2018 but apparently the developers just added online functionally to it this year, which is part of why it suddenly blew up in popularity.

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

this indicates to me that you have not seen Primal.

go watch Primal right the gently caress now.

e: more specifically, Primal is Genndy Tartakovsky (the Samurai Jack/Dexter's Lab guy) making an action series about a caveman and his T-Rex buddy who both get their families eaten and walk the earth looking for a safe place to stay, frequently being attacked by various creepy things and loving poo poo up in response. it's gorgeous and it absolutely whips rear end and if you have access to HBO Max you need to go watch the first 5 episodes ASAP.

Primal's an exception, not the rule. I've been wanting to check it out though, I just haven't had a chance yet.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

bhangraton posted:

Norman Finkelstein is correct about a lot of things. However on this particular issue I think he is, in fact, the idiot.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
The only way he's not the idiot is if he's satirizing the kind of people who say this poo poo, which I admit is definitely possible, but if that's the case he should've gone for a much sillier book title.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

Vandar posted:

Among Us came out in 2018 but apparently the developers just added online functionally to it this year, which is part of why it suddenly blew up in popularity.

How would you play a game like that offline?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

https://twitter.com/NYDailyNews/status/1318929803702132738

So many people out there leaping out there to assure me that masturbating in a meeting is no different from masturbating in any other context.

Wanking is good and fun. Wanking, when other people who have not agreed to watch you wank can see you wank, is at best bad, and more likely sexual harrassment.

This is not difficult.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

BrigadierSensible posted:

Wanking is good and fun. Wanking, when other people who have not agreed to watch you wank can see you wank, is at best bad, and more likely sexual harrassment.

This is not difficult.
And yet you continue posting

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Spikey posted:

How would you play a game like that offline?

LAN, especially in the case of the phone version you could do local wifi

bhangraton
Aug 20, 2010

Yes. Finkelstein was famously denied tenure after running afoul of Alan Dershowitz due to criticizing his scholarship and his (Finkelstein's) scathing criticism of Israel for its actions against Palestinians and Israel's weaponization of the Holocaust. His career was torpedoed by Dershowitz and bad-faith accusations of anti-Semitism (he himself Jewish and son of Holocaust survivors). He was, in fact, precisely accused of being a Holocaust denier by Dershowitz, the ADL, and other pro-Israel parties.

the essay linked by Finkelstein notes that "progressive" media outlets that claim to support free speech refused the piece. A "Holocaust denier" like him is supposedly the awful person disrespecting the humanity of the victims, not the parties who weaponize the Holocaust to support Israel and it's treatment of the Palestinians.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
I guess Finkelstein being ratfucked out of tenure by everyone’s favourite pedophile lawyer definitely broke his brain, given how he’s devolved to the point that’s he’s recently been writing for literal neo-Nazi website and openly praising David Irving’s scholarship.

Even without that context, I seriously can’t believe the “publicising ridiculous ideas is the only way of defeating them” is being seriously argued in a world where the Leader Of The Free World™ got to that position by being a racist conspiracy theorist.

Basically,

https://twitter.com/jewdas/status/1319399560939229185?s=21

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

bhangraton posted:

"But, I rejoined, aren’t we bombarded with texts and images—not least in college course offerings—that affirm the Nazi holocaust? It can hardly be deemed a breach of balance if a single professor devotes a single class of a single course to disputing the incessantly articulated consensus wisdom."

"Even if you can marshal a mountain of supporting evidence, still, you can’t prefer your belief to that of Holocaust deniers if you refuse even to give them a hearing."

"If a purported witness enjoys immunity from cross-examination—as does every Tom, Dick and Moishe pawning himself off as a “Holocaust survivor”—the human propensity is to exaggerate, which, if left unchecked, will harden into a lie"

"It’s surely legitimate to debate whether the American Civil War was fought over states’ rights or slavery, or whether chattel slavery is better or worse than wage slavery."

"If the integrity of the Jewish people’s martyrdom has been traduced, it’s overwhelmingly
due, not to Holocaust deniers, but the machinations of Jewish organizations that have exploited the Nazi holocaust for financial and political gain... But the infinitely stupid, gullible, cowardly, posturing, opportunist—and, let it not be omitted, vanguardist-totalitarian—so-called Left won’t see this."

No, I'm pretty sure Finkelstein's the idiot here.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Vandar posted:

Primal's an exception, not the rule. I've been wanting to check it out though, I just haven't had a chance yet.

https://innersloth.itch.io/among-us/devlog/45204/pc-and-online-released

Online dropped in 2018

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Yeah, Among Us was kind of a dormant game that hit it big in 2020 not because of something to it, but because the developers released another game that had a couple Among Us nods; that got some streamers to look at the older game, which caused it to blow up.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Huh. That's my bad, then. I had heard from a couple different places the online had just been added this year. Weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

bhangraton posted:

the essay linked by Finkelstein notes that "progressive" media outlets that claim to support free speech refused the piece. A "Holocaust denier" like him is supposedly the awful person disrespecting the humanity of the victims, not the parties who weaponize the Holocaust to support Israel and it's treatment of the Palestinians.
Agree with this, that postscript is...

quote:

Postscript: This article was submitted to multiple “progressive” publications touting a principled commitment to freedom of speech. It was rejected by all of them. It’s a telling commentary on the commitment of the so-called Left to freedom of speech that it not only supports suppression of Holocaust denial, but also suppression of rational discussion—based on the most elementary principles of free speech—of whether or not it should be suppressed.What most amuses is that, whereas this mindless Identity Politics pretends to be defending Jews against Holocaust denial, this outrageous suppression of free speech has nothing whatsoever to do with Holocaust denial. If the integrity of the Jewish people’s martyrdom has been traduced, it’s overwhelmingly due, not to Holocaust deniers, but the machinations of Jewish organizations that have exploited the Nazi holocaust for financial and political gain. Per usual, the Holocaust is now being exploited to further an altogether different agenda. Indeed, immediately as Facebook announced its decision to suppress Holocaust denial, the Board of Deputies of British Jews called on Facebook to also suppress “anti-Semitism” by adopting a definition of anti-Semitism designed to shield Israel from criticism. But the infinitely stupid, gullible, cowardly, posturing, opportunist—and, let it not be omitted, vanguardist-totalitarian—so-called Left won’t see this, just as it didn’t see that the attacks on Jeremy Corbyn had nothing to do with anti-Semitism. Who can forget the hideous spectacle of ever-progressive Mehdi Hasan teaming up with repellant Holocaust-monger Jonathan Freedland to denounce anti-Semitism in the British Labour Party?
which even with the stopped-clock Corbyn bit, is batshit