Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Serf posted:

if i wanted to piss someone off i'll just say i voted third party

fair and valid. personally I find the rage more satisfying if I actually did cast the vote, but what matters most is telling projoes to eat poo poo. we are pragmatic compromisers here in the nojoe thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Mr. Lobe posted:

I'm.going to not vote, and when asked by shitlibs, say I voted green

I'm living outside the US ATM and it seems like a pointless waste of effort to get a ballot. The system is beyond saving, it's only a question of when, not whether the whole thing collapses from the rot

yeah anything except voting in person here is such a hassle that it'd barely be worth it anyway but they require you to expose yourself to other people to notarize it anyway so what's even the loving point

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Well this is a new one:

CONFIRMATION REQUIRED :byodood:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

fat bossy gerbil posted:

I see a lot of third party no joes in here, and I appreciate that. But who among you has the courage to stand with me and not vote at all? America is about as democratic as a banana republic and I refuse to give this sham any legitimacy by pretending it’s not a complete farce.

i'm probably going to de-register after this election

tho i have found it impossible to work up the effort to fill out the ballot even though i know i'm going to leave more 50% of it blank

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

PerniciousKnid posted:

I never really understood the "don't vote" protest. It affects nothing. At least if you send in a 3rd party you're being counted separately from the burnouts.

Same. I get that not-voting "sends a message" in a way, but in practice, your lack of participation makes it easier for the two major parties -- you're just one less person they need to persuade in the future.

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan
One more in Ohio.

e: I just realized I still have my Bernie or Bust tag. If I now warrant a gold NoJoe please, mods, feel free to remove that Bernie tag while you’re at it. Thanks!

Lordshmee has issued a correction as of 20:13 on Oct 22, 2020

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

World War Mammories posted:

fair and valid. personally I find the rage more satisfying if I actually did cast the vote, but what matters most is telling projoes to eat poo poo. we are pragmatic compromisers here in the nojoe thread

:hai:

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

I was planning on not voting since its illegal to absentee vote it texas but republican scare adds have told me there are a few people on the ballot who support 'socialized heathcare' so I may have to drive down to that petri dish after all

Still not voting for joe

Minion of Freya
Jan 2, 2017
If you don't vote they don't know why you didn't vote.

A protest vote, ideally for a third party that ends up with more votes than the margin of victory, is the best way to send a message. It tells them that they could have won.

But democrats are cowards and morons and don't understand people at all. They think that for every inch left they move they gain less than one left wing voter for every hundred centrist votes they'll lose. In the end democrats would rather lose than be moved leftward.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Lordshmee posted:

One more in Ohio.

e: I just realized I still have my Bernie or Bust tag. If I now warrant a gold NoJoe please, mods, feel free to remove that Bernie tag while you’re at it. Thanks!

Voting NoJoe counts as Busting, and boy does Busting feel good

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

I am not voting because you basically have to be missing a limn to vote absentee here and the lines have already been hours long but I'm doing my part by saying I voted for the Greens and making fun of liberals who are in full witch hunt/meltdown mode when they're not gloating about the reign of Glorious Joe Who Will Arrest Le Epic Cheeto For Breach Of Decorum

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

Thump! posted:

Voting NoJoe counts as Busting, and boy does Busting feel good

Serf
May 5, 2011

the democrats are controlled opposition, totally captured by capital. vote or don't vote, win or lose, its the same to them. they collect their paychecks either way. they don't care about appealing to the left, and even if they did and voters buy their lies they're not going to push through any meaningful reform anyways

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
yep

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
It's been said but Californians need to vote on downballot issues. Uber and its ilk are trying to cheat us all. Among other important things in the latest rollercoaster of the horrible state proposition system.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

quote:

Bush, for all of his horrific policies, was never personally as odious and repugnant as Trump. You strip away the politics, and he is just a slightly goofy dumb rear end. The same is not true for Trump.

apparently this is why biden will never rehabilitate trump :thunk:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

+1 for Howie and the Greens in Florida.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

fat bossy gerbil posted:

I see a lot of third party no joes in here, and I appreciate that. But who among you has the courage to stand with me and not vote at all? America is about as democratic as a banana republic and I refuse to give this sham any legitimacy by pretending it’s not a complete farce.

Got to get them greens and la riva to 5%. Can't do that if you don't vote.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

hazardousmouse posted:

Vote on your local referendums you dumb fucks

I don't think this swing state allows referendums. They don't allow recall elections either.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Voting Green rules because I'm doing so first and foremost because I believe it's a combination of platform that I agree with and candidate who might actually execute some meaningful amount of that platform, but it also makes the worst, dumbest people very mad and what's not to love about that? And I am also fortunate enough to live in a state that the Democrats did not successfully remove the Greens from the ballot in, so my vote is a recorded vote that did not go to them, also good. Hopefully it's the vote that pushes them into panicking about their decline and either doubling down even harder, accelerating their destruction, or into reform (lmao, just kidding). A boy can dream.

Compare this to voting Democrat. What's to be gained there, when the marketing so far has been "we will change nothing", "we are owed your vote as The Good Guys", "have you seen the alternative? The one alternative, this is strictly a two party system, there are no other choices, and if you see anyone else listed on your ballot just ignore them because something something voting for Trump" etc. Plus the generally accepted concept that you're voting for a guy who is going to die / step down before he even finishes a term. A guy who has a long and rich career of being god-awful when given any amount of power. How inspiring.

e. speaking of, hello from COVID ground zero, NoJoe in Snoho:

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

PerniciousKnid posted:

I never really understood the "don't vote" protest. It affects nothing. At least if you send in a 3rd party you're being counted separately from the burnouts.

last time my ballot for president only had three choices: dem, republican, libertarian

so I left president blank and voted down ballot

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Ruzihm posted:

apparently this is why biden will never rehabilitate trump :thunk:

This makes no sense.

coronavirus
Jan 27, 2020

by Cyrano4747
i love how the "best choices" (for candidates that can win) in america is a 100 year old racist rapist that is known for corruption, and then a 100 year old racist rapist that is known for corruption (with a tan?)

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

coronavirus posted:

i love how the "best choices" (for candidates that can win) in america is a 100 year old racist rapist that is known for corruption, and then a 100 year old racist rapist that is known for corruption (with a tan?)

He's not tanned, he uses spray tan! That's a meaningful difference (according to a bunch of folks whose lifestyle includes tanning by privilege of both leisure time and expensive location).

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Votecels get mad when I votestrubate to Howie

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

This makes no sense.

quote:

No one is going to rehabilitate Trump.

quote:

That's obviously false. The dem candidate for senate in kentucky is doing exactly that already.

quote:

that's been her whole thing all along. trying to win over trump voters by saying that mcconnell is blocking his agenda. (it's going to fail miserably.) that's not the same thing as "rehabilitating" him

:thunk:

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Is this one of you guys? you're taking it too far

Should I Kill Joe Biden?’: Feds Say Nomad Busted With Car Full of Guns Debated Assassinating Ex-Veep

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

the_steve posted:

I can not stress enough that yeah, literally nothing will piss off BlueMAGA more than voting Green.

If you vote Biden, which no self respecting person ever should, then you give them exactly what they want.

If you vote Trump, then they just pat themselves on the back and tell themselves how you are just some redneck inbred rube who was never going to be reached way out in your hayfield anyways.

If you don't vote, then they just write you off as some lazy millennial who can't afford to wait 17 hours in line in the middle of a pandemic workweek and therefore aren't worthy of consideration anyways.

But if you vote Green, then that enrages them. They become the fedora sporting incel screaming about how they're such a NICE GUY and you're just too stupid to vote for them like they deserve.
This only applies if Biden loses, mind you. If Biden wins then a Green vote will basically put you in the same bucket as people who don't vote.

In this case it's important to maintain that NoJoe energy through to 2024 as well.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

SuperKlaus posted:

It's been said but Californians need to vote on downballot issues. Uber and its ilk are trying to cheat us all. Among other important things in the latest rollercoaster of the horrible state proposition system.

ballot measures work fine here in florida, maybe your state just sucks?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

platzapS posted:

maybe your state just sucks?

pretty much yeah.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
I think I'm going to stay here with you smarter people and not post in the GenElec thread anymore. Holy mother of god, what a mess of dishonest arguments and willful ignorance that thread is. :suicide:

NoJoe now, NoJoe2024 unless some of the brokebrains insisting he'll usher in a new age of leftism are somehow correct. Or more likely, NoMala.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/MissBeaE/status/1319031758759862282

reminder that Joe was picked to be the conservative counterweight to this guy

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

I meant the argument you quoted, it makes no sense.

Terraplane
Aug 16, 2007

And when I mash down on your little starter, then your spark plug will give me fire.
I've swallowed a lot of bitter pills over the years--consistently pulling the lever for the democrats for nearly two decades--but Joe Biden is just absolute dogshit and I couldn't do it.

+1 for Hawkins in OR.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

DoubleDonut posted:

https://twitter.com/MissBeaE/status/1319031758759862282

reminder that Joe was picked to be the conservative counterweight to this guy

*kills the campaign with the best engagement with young people* fix my fuckup peasant you need me

To Protect Flavor
Feb 24, 2016
Hillary got 27% of the vote in my state last go, and we haven't gone blue since LBJ. I feel pretty comfortable not voting Biden.

No greens on our ballot, but such is life.

lurker2006
Jul 30, 2019

To Protect Flavor posted:

Hillary got 27% of the vote in my state last go, and we haven't gone blue since LBJ. I feel pretty comfortable not voting Biden.

No greens on our ballot, but such is life.

There should be another tag for people like this, NOJOE copper or something.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

I meant the argument you quoted, it makes no sense.

Ya that's how I interpreted your post :kiddo:

Just figured I'd post the :shepicide: follow-up

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Sundae posted:

I think I'm going to stay here with you smarter people and not post in the GenElec thread anymore. Holy mother of god, what a mess of dishonest arguments and willful ignorance that thread is. :suicide:

NoJoe now, NoJoe2024 unless some of the brokebrains insisting he'll usher in a new age of leftism are somehow correct. Or more likely, NoMala.

D&D is a mess/waste/big fat mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

I couldn't possibly comment