Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

They'll just privatise the guys who are currently beating up suspiciously black youth after dark for free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

The police?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

You can't prove that!

Tbh the most surprising part of that guy who's been doing it for 17 years was that he's still amateur. Go pro already, join the police.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Knobb Manwich posted:

You can't prove that!

Tbh the most surprising part of that guy who's been doing it for 17 years was that he's still amateur. Go pro already, join the police.

qpol have standards.

please stop laughing.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

thatbastardken posted:

qpol have standards.

please stop laughing.

You must be able to use a computer so you can pass on QPRIME information to domestic abusers.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

thatbastardken posted:

qpol have standards.

please stop laughing.

Is it the usa standard where if you aren't a moron you can't become a cop?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

SAS, SOS, close enough

Aunty posted:

"One of the engineers went, 'Yeah it happened, he just took him around the corner and f***ing shot him.'"

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Knobb Manwich posted:

Are you sure the ABC isn't monitoring you?

Proudly assaulting kids for 19 years :australia:

Also RE FNQLD kid curfew, if you follow this quote there's a link to an ABC article on what's going on up there and why a curfew might appeal to voters.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

The Peccadillo posted:

Y'think we'd join an invasion of Iran?
Lol. You already know the answer.

Money well spent, in 2001 by Steve Gower, JWH et al.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiDVb5abH1U

Also NTATA is on the AWM council.

GWR died in October 2013 after a stolen van being driven by one of his friends, who was trying to evade police, rolled on Collins Street in Carnarvon, Western Australia. He was 15 and the driver of the car, aged 17, was later convicted of dangerous driving causing death. Both boys were well-known, well-liked and described as good kids. The van had been left unlocked at a local pub and the friends, who had been drinking, took it for a joyride. Police tried to intercept them but when that failed followed at a distance because they did not have permission to engage in a pursuit.

ISSUES RAISED
Injured in custody.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

apparently reddit aus is blocking/deleting threads about all the kevin rudd/jordies stuff thats going on at the moment. I dont visit reddit but the few times ive seen the auspol stuff there it seems pretty aligned with this thread? like there is definitely chuds there but most of the topics seemed to be pointing out how poo poo the libs are.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Laserface posted:

apparently reddit aus is blocking/deleting threads about all the kevin rudd/jordies stuff thats going on at the moment. I dont visit reddit but the few times ive seen the auspol stuff there it seems pretty aligned with this thread? like there is definitely chuds there but most of the topics seemed to be pointing out how poo poo the libs are.

Reddit is hosed, hth

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Laserface posted:

What is the KRudd/Jordies spat, other than two people trying hard to stay relevant?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Jordies can't start his acceptance speech before Rudd's concession speech has ended.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

NPR Journalizard posted:

What is the KRudd/Jordies spat, other than two people trying hard to stay relevant?

theres no spat. krudd is doing some petition against murdoch press that has got 300k+ signatures and Jordies has some lukewarm barilaro scandal taht doesnt appear to have anywhere near as much potential as he was claiming it had.

apparently both of these things violate the rules of r/australia

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

"ABC posted:

"It's f***ing bullshit. I'm not happy with it," says the patrol commander.

"One of the engineers went, 'Yeah it happened, he just took him around the corner and f***ing shot him.'"

"You can't do it in front of anyone but a f***ing operator," says one of the operators.

"You can't do it in front of anyone. You don't do it front of anyone, it's so wrong on so many levels," says the patrol commander.

"You can't do it in front of anyone but a f***ing operator," says one of the operators.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
lest we forget to destroy the evidence of our war crimes

Samunwise
Mar 18, 2009
ISSUES RAISED
Procedures not all followed

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Laserface posted:

theres no spat. krudd is doing some petition against murdoch press that has got 300k+ signatures and Jordies has some lukewarm barilaro scandal taht doesnt appear to have anywhere near as much potential as he was claiming it had.

apparently both of these things violate the rules of r/australia

I'd probably argue that no one in NSW cares about the rampant-rear end corruption so it's more damning of NSW than Jordies.

Hell, peep the amount of flak Jackie Trad caught relative to literally any sitting NSW politician.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
I didn't know they actually called themselves Operators, I thought that was a gag from Chapo

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

The Peccadillo posted:

I didn't know they actually called themselves Operators, I thought that was a gag from Chapo

They're a cancer that can remove anything but themselves I guess.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Operators operating on operations.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
Ok which lurker is organising a coup. time to fess up

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

tommu wants to be mod

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Laserface posted:

Kevin Rudd is 100% doing this just for attention for Kevin Rudd. He knows a Coalition government is never going to call an RC into their biggest cheerleaders.

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.
My super is tracking pretty well with that article but only because I am a neoliberal nerd who took advantage of some government co-contribution schemes when I was in my late teens/early 20's, then kept tossing money into it because I know I'm an irresponsible dork who'd spend it all on video games and icecream otherwise.

Meanwhile, all my smarter friends went on holiday and bought gaming PC's or cool bikes.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
What do people think about this FriendlyJordies video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AiYvpe6qfs

shalcar
Oct 21, 2009

At my signal, DEAL WITH IT.
Taco Defender

froglet posted:

My super is tracking pretty well with that article but only because I am a neoliberal nerd who took advantage of some government co-contribution schemes when I was in my late teens/early 20's, then kept tossing money into it because I know I'm an irresponsible dork who'd spend it all on video games and icecream otherwise.

Meanwhile, all my smarter friends went on holiday and bought gaming PC's or cool bikes.

Froglet is 100% correct on this and that's why I'm $50k off the pace. Be like Froglet, thread.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

actually its probably not a great time to be throwing extra money into your super considering some of them are yet to recover from the covid downturn.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Laserface posted:

actually its probably not a great time to be throwing extra money into your super considering some of them are yet to recover from the covid downturn.

Found the coup leader

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Join the discoup

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Tommunist posted:

Found the coup leader

I dont think I qualify as a (thread)lurker tbh

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Laserface posted:

I dont think I qualify as a (thread)lurker tbh

Sorry I dont make the rules I only identify anime avatars

TheLoneAmigo
Jan 3, 2013

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

What do people think about this FriendlyJordies video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AiYvpe6qfs

I don't know what people think of jordies, but this video perfectly encapsulates what it's like to live in a regional small town in Australia.

When they describe it as a secret dictatorship, they're not wrong. So many tiny towns are run by a small clique of landed elites, cop families, and business owners.

trunkh
Jan 31, 2011

Recoome posted:

I'd probably argue that no one in NSW cares about the rampant-rear end corruption so it's more damning of NSW than Jordies.

Hell, peep the amount of flak Jackie Trad caught relative to literally any sitting NSW politician.

Not that I don't agree with you, but I'm sure a large percentage of the Trad stuff is because she plays for the wrong team according to the Murdoch press.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

bump

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
I'll bite.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-10-23/union-says-australia-post-problems-extend-past-luxury-watches/12805128

PM Morrison must be thanking his lucky stars he has someone to throw under the bus to try and distract from the increasing smell of corruption coming from inside his inner circle. HIs denunciation was far too enthusiastic.

VAC was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer shortly after being put on remand at Alice Springs correctional centre and died four months later in August 2013 in the palliative care ward of Alice Springs hospital. He was born in Charleville in Queensland in 1949 and had missed several follow-up medical appointments before moving to the NT shortly before his arrest. He had been charged with a very serious crime and had been denied bail. The coroner said the prison took a “very humane approach” to his care, which was of a higher standard than he would have received in the community.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Knobb Manwich posted:

Join the discoup

Yet your not in it.....

Each of the Maiar is associated with one or more particular Vala, and were of similar stock, though less powerful. For example, Ossë and Uinen, as spirits of the sea belonged to Ulmo the Sea-King,[1] while Curumo (known in Middle-earth as Saruman) belonged to Aulë the Smith. Others included Mairon (originally also of Aulë, known in Middle-earth as Sauron), Aiwendil (known in Middle-earth as Radagast) who belonged to Yavanna the Fruit-Giver, and Olórin (known by the Elves as Mithrandir but came to Middle-Earth as Gandalf) who belonged to Manwë the Wind-King and Varda the Star-Queen. Gandalf's ways took him often to the house of Nienna the Weeper, and from her he learned pity and patience,[1] which perhaps aided him in his later struggles to unite the Free People of Middle-earth against the power of Sauron.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

TheLoneAmigo posted:

So many tiny towns are run by a small clique of landed elites, cop families, and business owners.

As opposed to every other level of government?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Well well well not so funny now is it

https://twitter.com/cameronwilson/status/1319403542109589504