Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Zion last week

and some film from various bike trips this year

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Twenties Superstar
Oct 24, 2005

sugoi

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

nice

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

Small world.

I like the color palette you are using, most people with 590nm conversions seem push the tones towards orange to get the Aerochrome look (guilty).

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

8th-snype posted:

Small world.

I like the color palette you are using, most people with 590nm conversions seem push the tones towards orange to get the Aerochrome look (guilty).

Cheers, yeah I try and to go for something a bit more surreal, which is a nice contrast to the usual landscapes tones. I really love the candyland look to be honest.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

toggle posted:

Cheers, yeah I try and to go for something a bit more surreal, which is a nice contrast to the usual landscapes tones. I really love the candyland look to be honest.

It's a good look.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

DSC_0985 by pfibeirut, on Flickr

DSC_1007 by pfibeirut, on Flickr

DSC_0960 by pfibeirut, on Flickr

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
what

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Burstall Pass by Cacator, on Flickr

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01

Nice.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I wanted to do this (along with smutwood) so bad last year but it got snowed out and I was packed for summer weather with a chance of snow showers, not winter in June. :negative:

You nailed it.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

xzzy posted:

I wanted to do this (along with smutwood) so bad last year but it got snowed out and I was packed for summer weather with a chance of snow showers, not winter in June. :negative:

You nailed it.

Thanks! It wasn't ideal conditions for me either, fairly overcast with a few rainy spells. Plus most of the larches were bare by that point. But it adds to the atmosphere.

Solitude by Cacator, on Flickr

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Subyng
May 4, 2013

Bottom Liner posted:

and some film from various bike trips this year

Loving these, what film did you use?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Fuji Xtra 400 from Walmart. My go to point and shoot film because it’s cheap and well rounded for daytime use in the pano camera I use.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

DSC_1260 by pfibeirut, on Flickr

DSC_1277 by pfibeirut, on Flickr

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
Finally got caught up on this thread! So much talent here--it's both inspiring and intimidating as hell.

I usually do landscapes/nature stuff, but the other day I was reading about minimalist photography and it really grabbed me. Happened to get a really nice, smothering fog on the lake a few days later so I gave it a go.

It was a little different, working with so much blank whiteness--when I first exported these out of Lightroom and opened them up in a different viewer they were a much darker grey than I was expecting, because I'd been using a black background in LR. So I bumped the whites up but I'm not sure if I took it far enough.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

artsy fartsy posted:

Finally got caught up on this thread! So much talent here--it's both inspiring and intimidating as hell.

I usually do landscapes/nature stuff, but the other day I was reading about minimalist photography and it really grabbed me. Happened to get a really nice, smothering fog on the lake a few days later so I gave it a go.

It was a little different, working with so much blank whiteness--when I first exported these out of Lightroom and opened them up in a different viewer they were a much darker grey than I was expecting, because I'd been using a black background in LR. So I bumped the whites up but I'm not sure if I took it far enough.

The first three are absolutely excellent! Wow.
Not sold on the framing on the sign one though, the ground grounds it, in contrast to the etherealness of the first three.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
Fog is the best. Here’s a handful from a nice foggy morning in Friday Harbor, Washington.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
P9260417 by Cody P, on Flickr

P9260433 by Cody P, on Flickr

P9260426 by Cody P, on Flickr

PA030483 by Cody P, on Flickr

PA030455 by Cody P, on Flickr

Hell yeah b&w water reflections

PA030475 by Cody P, on Flickr

real nap shit
Feb 2, 2008

Twenties Superstar
Oct 24, 2005

sugoi
thats good poo poo

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

two shots of happy, one shot of sad

Soiled Meat

Nice. I like the shadows of the trees.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Nice, dig those blues

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

From my last camping trip.

PolishPandaBear
Apr 10, 2009

artsy fartsy posted:

From my last camping trip.

Man, woodland scenes are hard. Flat light on overcast days make it even harder. I like the subject in #4, but I wish the lighting or atmosphere was more interesting. It seems like there was some haze at least.

I'm still working through my California trip from last year. Here are some shots from the beach under Salk Institute.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

PolishPandaBear posted:

Man, woodland scenes are hard. Flat light on overcast days make it even harder. I like the subject in #4, but I wish the lighting or atmosphere was more interesting. It seems like there was some haze at least.

It was basically drizzling/misting the whole time it wasn't raining balls. Does make for some very pretty hikes, like walking through Fern Gully or something.

One more that imgur ate:

Twenties Superstar
Oct 24, 2005

sugoi

artsy fartsy posted:

It was basically drizzling/misting the whole time it wasn't raining balls. Does make for some very pretty hikes, like walking through Fern Gully or something.

One more that imgur ate:

This one's my favourite but I also likes this one

artsy fartsy posted:

PolishPandaBear
Apr 10, 2009
Agree. The texture of the rain in the stream is nice and I like the way the stream leads you into the scene.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The trees have good separation too, which is hard to do in a forest. It means you can actually see trees instead of a mess of lines going every which way.

PolishPandaBear
Apr 10, 2009
Maybe a bit cheesy, but not a composite.

Twenties Superstar
Oct 24, 2005

sugoi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretty Cool Name
Jan 8, 2010

wat

artsy fartsy posted:

One more that imgur ate:

I like the concept of this but it looks strangely tilted.