Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

You're right it's not a 1-1 recreationg of the UK upside down, much like Orre and Unova and Alola aren't 1-1 recreations of their references, but the general idea is that it's Roughly The UK upside down Which is why the cold place to the far south is explicitly based on the northern reaches of Scotland (See: Tweet a few posts up)

.... so what about the cold place in the north? The great glaciers of *checks notes* Surrey?

Edit: like obv Crown Tundra is northern Scotland, but in general it's a mixed up Britain, not just upside down. See also Edinburgh being right in the middle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

What playground rumor shenanigans are needed for the new Regis.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Here's an updated visual of what made it in / got purged:

White is what's purged. :rip:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

RIP to the real ones

Leavanny
Minior
Carnivine
Tropius
Forretress
Honchkrow
Muk
Ampharos
Yanmega
Camerupt
Breloom
Ursaring
Electrike
Staraptor

Everything else I'm kinda fine with not having tbh.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Unrelated, trying to catch these regis with Beast Balls reminded me of both how loving terrible the catch rate + beast ball rate is.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Trying to catch a beldum made me remember how stupid that was

Just gonna grab one from Bank

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Man, so many good birds gone. And also Breloom. Breloom is the one that hurts me the most. :(

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
galar zapdos has CC and brave bird. the boy, he's strong.

do the new legendaries have hidden abilities? i dont see anything on serebii yet but if they did couldn't you just use an ability patch on them to get it?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Alright I’m lost, where in the Giant’s Bed is the mayor?

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
I know I'm probably dumb for not getting it, but whata the answer for registeel's door?

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Larryb posted:

Alright I’m lost, where in the Giant’s Bed is the mayor?

near the broken house things

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The Golux posted:

near the broken house things

He’s on the highest point of it? Kinda hard to describe but if you find the graveyard there’s a ramp/path behind it that if you follow and keep moving up will lead you right to it.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Found him, thanks. So is completing the Calyrex side quest how you “beat” Crown Tundra (that is, enough to unlock the new tournament), or do you have to do the other Legendary quests as well?

If the latter, how do you open the temples containing the Regi?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Elblanco posted:

I know I'm probably dumb for not getting it, but whata the answer for registeel's door?

Whistle.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Larryb posted:

Found him, thanks. So is completing the Calyrex side quest how you “beat” Crown Tundra (that is, enough to unlock the new tournament), or do you have to do the other Legendary quests as well?

If the latter, how do you open the temples containing the Regi?

The door gives you fairly obvious / dumb hints to figure out. For the two temples I’ve found:

Something about a noise: just whistle by the door
Stone that never ages or something: equip an ever stone on your first pokemon

Haven’t seen the other temples.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Love to get astral barraged to death before doing anything

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

Goddamnit! I haven't played in so long I forgot you could do that. gently caress me.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Funky Valentine posted:

What playground rumor shenanigans are needed for the new Regis.

-Registeel: Stand in front of the door and whistle (press the left control stick).
-Regice: Have a Cryogonal as your first pokémon.
-Regirock: Have your first pokémon hold an everstone.
-New regis: Have the three other regis in your party, and pick your OC by lighting up their face pattern on the floor (you can see their patterns in the legend journal)

What I haven't figured out is how to find the birds. I've unlocked them via the cutscene and I keep hearing Articuno's cry in random locations (including the village) but I haven't caught an actual glimpse of it.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The door gives you fairly obvious / dumb hints to figure out. For the two temples I’ve found:

Something about a noise: just whistle by the door
Stone that never ages or something: equip an ever stone on your first pokemon

Haven’t seen the other temples.

Where can I find/buy an Everstone or catch a Cryogonal?

Also is the other stuff necessary for story completion or do I just have to do the Calyrex quest?

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Larryb posted:

Where can I find/buy an Everstone or catch a Cryogonal?

Also is the other stuff necessary for story completion or do I just have to do the Calyrex quest?

Everstone = Charti Berry + Big Mushroom + Big Mushroom + Balm Mushroom

Gonna plug this again https://cramit.z6.web.core.windows.net/

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of Calyrex, which horse is better? Ice or Ghost?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Another fine immigrant has made it into the Galar region.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Larryb posted:

Well, ghost has good stats and moves and ice has very little going for jt

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

If ice could stop getting hosed over by sub-par everything, that'd be great

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Vinylshadow posted:

Another fine immigrant has made it into the Galar region.

MY BOY! I didn’t realize he made the cut! My false swiper is BACK!

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Wow solo spectrier has an impressively bad moveset.

Super fast, super high special attack, ghost type - only has shadow ball and hyper beam for special attacks above 80BP

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

MY BOY! I didn’t realize he made the cut! My false swiper is BACK!

yeah same, this boy's been invaluable in the past and he's welcomed back to the team with open arms

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Countblanc posted:

galar zapdos has CC and brave bird. the boy, he's strong.

do the new legendaries have hidden abilities? i dont see anything on serebii yet but if they did couldn't you just use an ability patch on them to get it?

I really want the new birds. I’m excited to use them more than anyone else, although I do also think my bred up Dragonites from bank with hidden ability could be usable again too

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Regi. Buddy. You’re paralyzed. You have 1 HP. GET IN THE loving BALL

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
Did I miss something with the birds? Even moving super slow I can get close to zapdos!

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Elblanco posted:

Did I miss something with the birds? Even moving super slow I can get close to zapdos!

No, Zapdos can't fly so all it can do is run around but it does get tired so it gets slower and slower.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I can finally break out my promo shiny legendary Dogs. :dance:

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Well, ghost has good stats and moves and ice has very little going for jt

Spectrier, in fact, does not have good moves. Only one good standard one (Shadow Ball) and another useful as a max move (Mud Slap).

I'm going to choose Glastier because speed isn't the end-all-be-all, Ice types are cool even if they get nominally shafted, it has a pretty sweet move set, and is arguably the best Avalanche user in the game (which is a pet move of mine).

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Larryb posted:

Ghost has amazing stats that'll probably make it this season's mega rayquaza. Ice is GameFreak's favorite prank: a defensive ice pokemon

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

MorningMoon posted:

Ghost has amazing stats that'll probably make it this season's mega rayquaza. Ice is GameFreak's favorite prank: a defensive ice pokemon

Yeah that’s what I went with. Also do you need to catch the Legendaries (such as the Regis and birds) in order to complete a quest or is just defeating them enough?

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013
I think people are sleeping on the ice horse. It has incredible attack, a good movepool to abuse it, an ability to also abuse it, and is super slow so it works great under trick room. Also it's bulk is more than enough to make up for it's weaknesses, especially dynamaxed. Slap a weakness policy on this thing and go to town. To be fair, I only play VGC, so in singles I can see how it's not particularly stand out.

Bobby Cox
Nov 3, 2006

College Slice
The Galarian legendary birds are all sweet, I love how they're designed (and I'm excited for their shinies to be released). And the coop dungeons are mad fun. Very good expansion imo!

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Jesus I forgot how hard it was to catch legendaries. Cool that I fought Moltres in the rain so he could boost to +6 special attack and hurricane my team to instant kills repeatedly

Got Zapdos, Calyrex and 2 of the Regis I think I’m just gonna use a master ball on articuno

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Plasbad posted:

I think people are sleeping on the ice horse. It has incredible attack, a good movepool to abuse it, an ability to also abuse it, and is super slow so it works great under trick room. Also it's bulk is more than enough to make up for it's weaknesses, especially dynamaxed. Slap a weakness policy on this thing and go to town. To be fair, I only play VGC, so in singles I can see how it's not particularly stand out.

Yeah I actually think it’s gonna end up being the better horse because of trick room

I think with Calyrex riding them the ghost one is going to be ridiculous when that’s legal though

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Jesus I forgot how hard it was to catch legendaries. Cool that I fought Moltres in the rain so he could boost to +6 special attack and hurricane my team to instant kills repeatedly

Got Zapdos, Calyrex and 2 of the Regis I think I’m just gonna use a master ball on articuno

The only bird I've encountered so far is Articuno and I caught it on the first quick ball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Regi. Buddy. You’re paralyzed. You have 1 HP. GET IN THE loving BALL

UN UN UN UN *record scratch sounds*