Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

That is mezmerizing and slightly creepy. If watching Sesame Street as a kid hadn't already had me hiding behind the couch because of the yipyip aliens, I think that would've done it but with less ability to explain why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Bruceski posted:

That is mezmerizing and slightly creepy. If watching Sesame Street as a kid hadn't already had me hiding behind the couch because of the yipyip aliens, I think that would've done it but with less ability to explain why.

Finally, someone else who was scared of those aliens as a kid, fuckin looking into your windows with unblinking eyes, phasing through the wall, their weird mouths

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Finally, someone else who was scared of those aliens as a kid, fuckin looking into your windows with unblinking eyes, phasing through the wall, their weird mouths

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Kermit refuses to look them in the eyes

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Regarding the polls, this is a reminder that Tony Did Nothing Wrong.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Warmachine posted:

Regarding the polls, this is a reminder that Tony Red Did Nothing Wrong.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Teeny Little Super Guy freaked me out, I think because of the thought of being stuck in a 2D plane of existence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdrBPJYfTC8

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyGGvpUoF6k

Disco Frog was the other one I remember got me. The ghost effect distorted things enough that it right in some puppet uncanny valley.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Sugar Beet has been stuck in my head since I was a kid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuZNSGdg2ms

Now it's subtly unsettling, but I think it's only because of age and memory.

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

What's Kat got behind her back, I wonder?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Her hands obviously.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

I was kind of expecting Urd to be representative of a few years time rather than next week.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
She liked what she saw and decided to emulate it a bit sooner and I can't blame her.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

That's a real snazzy polo Kat.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Love Kat's look!

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Lt. Lizard posted:

She liked what she saw and decided to emulate it a bit sooner and I can't blame her.
What's one more time paradox going to do to reality, right?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Actually there's just been a 20 year time skip. Kat and Paz just aged really gracefully is all.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
to be honest if a saw a future version of me with a cool haircut I would get that right away

Rumda fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Oct 21, 2020

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

Rumda posted:

to be honest if a saw a future version of me with a cool haircut I would get that right away

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
"So, it turns out I'm a goddess. Wanna go get ice cream?"

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Hey there Paz. Lemme tell you about time travel. Imagine four birds on the edge of a cliff

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

CJacobs posted:

Hey there Paz. Lemme tell you about time travel. Imagine four birds on the edge of a bridge

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

FronzelNeekburm posted:

"We're putting a pantheon together. You want Nature, or just Animals?"

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Rumda posted:

FronzelNeekburm posted:

CJacobs posted:

Hey there Paz. Lemme tell you about time travel. Imagine four birds on the edge of a cliff

maltesh posted:

"We're putting a pantheon together. You want Nature, or just Animals?"

I love this thread.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
In the insight videos does Tom ever discuss how frequently haircuts become story beats? That barber robot is the unsung MVP

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Fecha posted:

In the insight videos does Tom ever discuss how frequently haircuts become story beats? That barber robot is the unsung MVP

Yes he did. For him, a drastic haircut is like a new character arc.

Darth TNT posted:

Her hands obviously.

Turns out, this was it.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

gaynerkrigg court

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I felt that hug. That's a really tight hug. :kimchi:

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
D'aww. Just d'aww.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Is the website down for anyone else?

E: It’s back!

Rahonavis fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Oct 23, 2020

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Rahonavis posted:

Is the website down for anyone else?

Yeah, rip.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

What a nice page to end it all on.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
A time paradox destroyed the universe.

e. works again.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Was anyone reading minus. when it ended? The author dumped like 20 pages and declared the series over with zero warning. It was shocking, but effective.

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009

Uthor posted:

Was anyone reading minus. when it ended? The author dumped like 20 pages and declared the series over with zero warning. It was shocking, but effective.

It was super wild. I think Minus is also mostly down except for wayback machine?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Uthor posted:

FlocksOfMice posted:

It was super wild. I think Minus is also mostly down except for wayback machine?

It looks like he has pretty much disappeared a few years ago, but there's fan uploads: https://kiwisbybeat.netlify.app/minusarchive.html

AFAIK those dates are original, so the last update was just three comics, but it was still a bit sudden.

It's fun how like half of the posters in the webcomic thread had a reasonably popular comic at the time:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2767210&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=134
(GC, minus, Horribleville, Girly, Gastrophobia, Dr. McNinja, Anders Loves Maria etc)

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Kennel posted:

It looks like he has pretty much disappeared a few years ago, but there's fan uploads: https://kiwisbybeat.netlify.app/minusarchive.html

AFAIK those dates are original, so the last update was just three comics, but it was still a bit sudden.

It's fun how like half of the posters in the webcomic thread had a reasonably popular comic at the time:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2767210&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=134
(GC, minus, Horribleville, Girly, Gastrophobia, Dr. McNinja, Anders Loves Maria etc)

Good news, Gastrophobia is coming back!

When it ended, I printed out all the minus pages at work and put them in a binder. Then high res versions were uploaded and mine looked like poo poo in comparison. Then a book was released and all was well again.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Uthor posted:

Good news, Gastrophobia is coming back!

Yeah, I'm pretty excited about it (and currently posting it and minus in the CCCC thread)

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Getting the same haircut as your girlfriend isn't peak gay but it's up there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Those are not at all the same haircut.